Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 16 Sep 2020, 14:39 (Ref:4002791)   #51
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope they do something. Must be really hard for those campers to miss out, hope a compromise is reached. Anything that can help them I’m sure will be appreciated
Old 16 Sep 2020, 15:52 (Ref:4002804)   #52
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would not at all be surprised if Lanier looks in to what they would need. I do wonder if the county would let them though, if there's such restrictions in Hall. The overflow Tuesday night crowd used to stage there and my first early arrival I spent a night there in the truck. They usually rent the track out for staging so getting there before Wednesday would be tough but after that there's plenty of space above the track.

I just can't imagine it being anything other than a sh1t show inside. Are they going to boot out people who are drunk and make them go home? Are they going to chase people out of the joeb honorific camping woods? There were at least 5 campers set up in the Turn 3 parking area at the Labor Day race, there was no camping there at all but they were there Friday and Sat. I guess if you show up at the gate with a camper and no pass they might send ya out but a tent buried under a cooler and kids stuff, or in the back of the van? How would they know and decide you're camping? Hell my chairs, small tent and other gear live in my truck, would I have to unload stuff that stays there year round just to enter? Show up in a minivan with blankets, are they going to say you can't because you have blankets you carry all the time in the car and might camp? And do we think the track guys are going to police it? I doubt the Hall county officers want to, the only time we've dealt with them was noise late and all they wanted was turn it down and get back in the car. It all makes me think they were told this Monday by the county management who already hate the track, new residents all crying about the noise but you moved there so deal with it, and the track had to deal with the changes. I wouldn't be surprised to see them deal with it like they usually do alcohol. One ass will get on a power trip and ruin the entry for everyone. Everyone else won't really care at all, have your tickets ready and let's keep the line, and money, moving.

Thankfully I already have my stuff and they stamped the right spot on my card this year so hopefully I'll get a camping pass with my ticket. But everyone who used to camp in closed spaces are gonna be hitting 3/4 hard I'd guess. Might be an early Tuesday for me. Also makes me wonder who of our usual neighbors won't be there now and if I can stake a claim to a grassy area instead.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 15:36 (Ref:4005100)   #53
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They're here and camping pass included, and the important little green ticket as well
Old 20 Sep 2020, 17:34 (Ref:4005116)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The wife finally made me clean out my cubby space in the mudroom. And I found my packing list from last Petit!
Old 20 Sep 2020, 18:09 (Ref:4005131)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The wife finally made me clean out my cubby space in the mudroom. And I found my packing list from last Petit!
Aw, joeb has a cubby space. Do you put your wunch box in it, too?

Now you can put your list into an excel format!!
Old 21 Sep 2020, 13:22 (Ref:4005357)   #56
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Aw, joeb has a cubby space. Do you put your wunch box in it, too?

Now you can put your list into an excel format!!

But spreadsheets are so sterile, my note with bourbon and coffee stains on it is so sterile
Old 22 Sep 2020, 01:38 (Ref:4005484)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So my ticket came today and I guess that gets my vehicle in for the day?

And looks like tix are still available.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 10:05 (Ref:4005549)   #58
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's good news, hope you can go see it. Petit Le Mans is always a great event. Let's see how many more get in, hope for a good number
Old 22 Sep 2020, 11:30 (Ref:4005557)   #59
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

I also got my ticket but not my camping pass. I guess it will be coming soon since it was ordered at a different time.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:11 (Ref:4005616)   #60
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Yes, no parking passes are issued for Petit. Your ticket gets you parking but if you're staying with someone who has camping I was told you're clear to stay overnight according to Adam. May have to park in the lot though. Or at least he said the wife wouldn't need a camping pass to stay with me so think you're ok with your date.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:13 (Ref:4005619)   #61
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That's good news, hope you can go see it. Petit Le Mans is always a great event. Let's see how many more get in, hope for a good number
They usually claim over 100k never clear if it's the event or Saturday. But given the only odd ticket sold is Friday only access but I didn't see them this year. I would guess 50k sold is the number they'll try for. Think it will drop under that given no camping left.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 01:42 (Ref:4005946)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I got my camping pass in the mail today, so they can't stop me now!
Old 25 Sep 2020, 12:01 (Ref:4006199)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I got my camping pass in the mail today, so they can't stop me now!
Good deal! I know it's gonna be a frustrating weekend for some, but we'll work something out.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 13:35 (Ref:4006219)   #64
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Good deal! I know it's gonna be a frustrating weekend for some, but we'll work something out.
Any updates on the Bacons or Tony or anyone else?
Old 25 Sep 2020, 14:09 (Ref:4006226)   #65
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Tony got his stuff, he bought the season pass this year.

Think Erick is protesting this year. It was not a happy conversation when Meghan found out, she had considered buying everything the weekend before they announced no more camping. And it's their 10th anniversary weekend so I think we're short a couple there, but can't say I blame them in this instance.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 19:16 (Ref:4006253)   #66
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I go back n forth on whether or not I want to go. Then I'll hear someone with almost straight pipes go flying past and I'm thinking I must go!!
Old 25 Sep 2020, 19:54 (Ref:4006260)   #67
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I go back n forth on whether or not I want to go. Then I'll hear someone with almost straight pipes go flying past and I'm thinking I must go!!
Yes, you must. You have a place to stay, all you gotta do is park. Oh and not get your beer confiscated
Old 28 Sep 2020, 01:10 (Ref:4007053)   #68
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we figured out a way to make some lemonade out of the sh!t-filled lemons that Road Atlanta dumped on us.
One of our group lives 4 miles from the track. He's got a large, flat, fenced-in back yard. Were going to turn his yard into a tent village for 4 days.
We'll still setup all the canopies, tables, coolers, cooking stuff etc in our regular spot.
I'm not excited about leaving the track every night, but hey, it's 2020 and everything sucks.

Sent using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
Old 28 Sep 2020, 13:53 (Ref:4007181)   #69
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I think we figured out a way to make some lemonade out of the sh!t-filled lemons that Road Atlanta dumped on us.
One of our group lives 4 miles from the track. He's got a large, flat, fenced-in back yard. Were going to turn his yard into a tent village for 4 days.
We'll still setup all the canopies, tables, coolers, cooking stuff etc in our regular spot.
I'm not excited about leaving the track every night, but hey, it's 2020 and everything sucks.

Sent using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
I think there's gonna be a lot of that for the week. I do wonder by Friday evening how many people aren't going to be able to leave though
Old 28 Sep 2020, 14:19 (Ref:4007190)   #70
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
And will it be track staff, Hall County Sheriffs, GSP or a private security agency enforcing all of this?

Will temp parking in camping areas be prohibited? Will you even be able to drive through camping areas? Mainly, because I need to unload and wonder if I can leave my car in an "overnight lot" or will it get towed? If so, will I be unloading and parking out front or at Lanier?

Thoughts while getting a haircut....
Old 28 Sep 2020, 14:30 (Ref:4007191)   #71
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think there's gonna be a lot of that for the week. I do wonder by Friday evening how many people aren't going to be able to leave though
Exactly. I don't drink excessively very often. I reserve that for Sebring and Petit as do most of the folks that camp with us.
We're going to have to draw straws for DD every night I guess.
It's only 4 miles, but Hall Co. will be deep in proximity to the track. You can count on that.
I don't want a DUI or to smash someone on the road
Old 28 Sep 2020, 15:21 (Ref:4007200)   #72
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
And will it be track staff, Hall County Sheriffs, GSP or a private security agency enforcing all of this?

Will temp parking in camping areas be prohibited? Will you even be able to drive through camping areas? Mainly, because I need to unload and wonder if I can leave my car in an "overnight lot" or will it get towed? If so, will I be unloading and parking out front or at Lanier?

Thoughts while getting a haircut....
I'm guessing the level of security will be exactly the same as previous years, a random cop or two driving an unmarked car around slowly. Basically making sure roads are passable. I can't imagine it will be a problem for you to park in your normal spot in front of the Apache.

I just got an oil change and ordered new tires for the wife's car which will be making its maiden Petit voyage. Also have the Peach Pass locked and loaded. This weekend I'm going to have to begin to get my gear together.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 18:01 (Ref:4007236)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'm guessing the level of security will be exactly the same as previous years, a random cop or two driving an unmarked car around slowly. Basically making sure roads are passable. I can't imagine it will be a problem for you to park in your normal spot in front of the Apache.
I have the feeling once inside, things might go slack, but I won't have a camping or parking pass; I'll only have a ticket. I still have the latest Mitty Camping pass. Think that'll work?

I'm not worried too much about it. I'm just happy I'll get up there this year!!
Old 28 Sep 2020, 21:18 (Ref:4007272)   #74
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Your ticket is your parking pass so you’re good there. Adam said you should be good staying in a previous purchased camping area. I doubt you’ll see a damn bit of enforcement and likely nothing beyond asking at the gate, y’all aren’t camping are ya?
Old 28 Sep 2020, 23:36 (Ref:4007281)   #75
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Your ticket is your parking pass so you’re good there. Adam said you should be good staying in a previous purchased camping area. I doubt you’ll see a damn bit of enforcement and likely nothing beyond asking at the gate, y’all aren’t camping are ya?
Based on what you described at the GP, that's what I'm expecting but my point is cars with no actual pass that they've been effing gluing to our effing windshields, will be easily spotted by our camping SS.