Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Closed Thread

Old 24 Apr 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1593758)   #51
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cute?

THIS is another cute one.

How do they do it? I know why (they have too much time in their hands).
Old 27 Apr 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1596138)   #52
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A different problem

Guess It is not just common sense. I scored a regrettable 5 out of 11...

Click HERE

How valid are the answers?
Old 27 Apr 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1596302)   #53
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7/11...not too bad considering I know next to nothing about most of those cultures!
Old 27 Apr 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1596346)   #54
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7/11 and I guessed too!
Old 27 Apr 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1596580)   #55
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a go and....7/11
Old 27 Apr 2006, 23:55 (Ref:1596613)   #56
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Don't Panic

Another ILLUSION .

Read the text near the top of the screen. Too bad they didn't use a larger font.
Old 1 May 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1598773)   #57
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
8 out of 11 on that different cultures one. I think it probably is common sense if you know a little about the different countries. I knew one of them because of an HSBC advert in the UK! But I got the Scottish one wrong.
Old 1 May 2006, 14:43 (Ref:1598785)   #58
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the question on Austria is wrong. I won't spoil the game by saying why but the correct answer is not there
Old 2 May 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1599396)   #59
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Automobile Antics

Perhaps this belongs in the "I Hate It When That Happens" thread.

How do you say ()&(^$#(_*^!! in Japanese?

Old 7 May 2006, 01:25 (Ref:1602079)   #60
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Computers & virii

I think I know what I want for Christmas..... Yow!

One of THESE! Crank up the sound and click on the "Full Screen" icon to be really impressed. Not sure where I would put it.
Old 7 May 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1602842)   #61
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I see what you mean, bear, that is cool. Maybe you have no room for that particular device, but have you bought the DVDs? I'm planning to do so. I read David Pgue's review on the Animusic website, which pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Old 7 May 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1602847)   #62
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
I see what you mean, bear, that is cool. Maybe you have no room for that particular device, but have you bought the DVDs? I'm planning to do so. I read David Pgue's review on the Animusic website, which pretty much hit the nail on the head.
No, just passing on interesting websites for the enlightenment of my friends. That is the purpose of this thread.
Old 7 May 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1602865)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Fair enough. Keep up the good work, it's appreciated. Oh, and these are for you: ***** Sorry, I can't do green squares!
Old 7 May 2006, 23:01 (Ref:1602878)   #64
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Fair enough. Keep up the good work, it's appreciated. Oh, and these are for you: ***** Sorry, I can't do green squares!
It is quite easy. Find one of my posts and click on the "Scales" in the upper r/h corner of that post.

As of now, you have added to the "Thread's" reputation.

Not a problem.
Old 8 May 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1603203)   #65
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Computers & virii

Very interesting. The Milky Way Galaxy to an Oak Leaf to a single Quark - Amazing site.

Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida has put up a very interesting page on their site. It begins as a view of the Milky Way Galaxy viewed from a distance of 10 million light years and then Zooms in towards Earth in powers of ten. 10 million, to one million, to 100,000 light years and then it finally reaches a large Oak tree.

If ever there was a witness to creation, these folks have captured it for our viewing pleasure!

Once you click on the site, the software does all the work. Sit back and imagine how perfect our universe is! You can play it forward and backward to be amazed over and over. At the end it says AUTO....click on that and review the process in reverse!

Click HERE
Old 9 May 2006, 10:25 (Ref:1604082)   #66
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
I think I know what I want for Christmas..... Yow!

One of THESE! Crank up the sound and click on the "Full Screen" icon to be really impressed. Not sure where I would put it.
That was a very good one...
Old 9 May 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1604094)   #67
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Business as usual

Ummmmmm..... ouch!

Some old, some new.
Old 12 May 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1607446)   #68
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
A different problem

Not your usual jigsaw puzzle!

Hint. Some pieces are hidden under other pieces. This is amazing, the picture has movement in it the entire time you are working on it.

Drag the pieces together to make a picture.

Yes, it can be done completely!

Click Here : Unusual Puzzle
Old 13 May 2006, 23:31 (Ref:1609098)   #69
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I thank you... for the applause, that is. Nice one, bear.
Old 14 May 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1609545)   #70
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Business as usual

I don't know if this will work outside the US but if you are fed up with automated telephone prompts, look HERE .

No need to register on the first screen. Go to the "Tips" link and scroll down to "getting to a human".

Old 14 May 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1609709)   #71
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Automobile Antics

And you think your car insurance rates are too high?

Who said [insert name of appropriate city] drivers are nuts????

Click HERE.
Old 14 May 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1610073)   #72
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Don't Panic

Note that there are 5 short videos on the left hand sidebar of the web site.

Click HERE and the top one will start automatically. Then each of the others, one by one.

It's pretty funny watching this reporter experience some basic maneuvers in an F-18.

Old 16 May 2006, 01:55 (Ref:1611114)   #73
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Animal Antics

What kind of dog are you?
Old 17 May 2006, 01:13 (Ref:1612021)   #74
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Would you believe . . . . . ?

Now HERE's a REAL model airplane!Actually has 8 "real turbines" at about $1500 each! Took over 2 years to build. It has a wing span of about 22 feet. Takes multiple pilots, as there are so many things to control.

Think they were nervous during the maiden flight?

Unbelievable that someone would make this - all real turbines! $12,000 just for the engines !

Check out the movie link to see the first flight. AMAZING !!
Old 17 May 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1612711)   #75
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Puzzle

TRY THIS!