Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 16 May 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3822821)   #1101
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I have to say that I'm seriously impressed with Willie Poole- I suspect Mike Bell knows him.
Yes, from Mitsubishi Ralliart....... !
Old 16 May 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3822910)   #1102
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I’ve not been on for a while due to being in hospital with a heart problem which they are still not sure what it is although apparently I have symptoms of unstable angina.
I’m waiting for an angiogram which has been cancelled today but I’m now top priority for early tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it gets done and they fix me
Old 16 May 2018, 20:17 (Ref:3822919)   #1103
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Tim, hope it gets sorted quickly. Despite what a lot of folk say about the NHS they're very good at this sort of thing.
Old 16 May 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3822921)   #1104
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for posting Tim . We miss you . Good luck .
Old 16 May 2018, 21:33 (Ref:3822932)   #1105
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Good luck Tim, hope it gets sorted quickly. Despite what a lot of folk say about the NHS they're very good at this sort of thing.
I must the NHS is fantastic, I’ve had near enough 5 star treatment all the way, yes I’ve had to wait 6 days so far due to tests and today to make way for a guy the nearly died but the staff on the coalface so to speak are second to none only held back by greedy and wasteful governments of all colours.
Old 16 May 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3822934)   #1106
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good luck, Tim.

I can fully empathise with you because I was diagnosed with the same 8 years ago, and having been treated, have now come out the other end in a reasonable state. In fact, for the last couple of years, the clinicians at my local hospital have been nagging me to help them out building a support group for their long term patients, so I am coming out of retirement next month to take up a position in the hospital. I must be mad.

If you have any questions, give me a shout and I will try to help out.
Old 16 May 2018, 23:43 (Ref:3822943)   #1107
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry to hear of your health hiccup Tim, and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. You seem to be in good hands.
Old 16 May 2018, 23:48 (Ref:3822945)   #1108
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
All the best, Tim - hope they get you sorted asap. We'll be rooting for you
Old 17 May 2018, 04:04 (Ref:3822955)   #1109
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes what they said. Get well soon.

It's a shame politicians weaponise the NHS. Half ot the stories are probably untrue.
Old 17 May 2018, 04:59 (Ref:3822962)   #1110
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Tim, my good luck and best wishes to you as well. And no jokes about ‘acute angina’, please......
Old 17 May 2018, 05:52 (Ref:3822966)   #1111
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All the best Tim.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 17 May 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3822982)   #1112
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My prayers will be with you Tim, and you can't get better than that.
Old 17 May 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3822984)   #1113
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the best Tim.
Old 17 May 2018, 13:34 (Ref:3823027)   #1114
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Many thanks for all the best wishes, they worked. I had an angiogram today and everything seems not too bad, just a general shagyness of the arteries as the consultant put it, nothing that can’t be treated with drugs and care.
So I’m now off home for a well earned rest
Old 17 May 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3823031)   #1115
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Tom. Take it easy.
Old 17 May 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3823034)   #1116
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Get Uncle Eric to look after you. Great news Tim.
Old 17 May 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3823051)   #1117
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Many thanks for all the best wishes, they worked. I had an angiogram today and everything seems not too bad, just a general shagyness of the arteries as the consultant put it, nothing that can’t be treated with drugs and care.
So I’m now off home for a well earned rest
Surely you mean exercise not rest?

I thought exercise was the key to everything healthwise.

Either way, great to hear they have freed you without wielding a scalpel.

I particularly liked "nothing that can't be treated with drugs and cars". (Assuming the "e" in "care" was a typo ....)
Old 17 May 2018, 15:43 (Ref:3823052)   #1118
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A good day of testing always shows up some solid improvements and tweaks.
Great news Tim.
Old 17 May 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3823053)   #1119
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

I particularly liked "nothing that can't be treated with drugs and cars". (Assuming the "e" in "care" was a typo ....)
The drugs bit got my attention. You can never have enough *according to a mate.
Old 17 May 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3823054)   #1120
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/81dd01a...9-ce7f9eb50c0f
Old 17 May 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3823055)   #1121
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks for that.
Old 17 May 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3823063)   #1122
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

No, I definitely need a rest, they did actually wield a scalpel but luckily the cut is only a 1/4 of an inch long. Hmmm, I was thinking about treatment with cars, where do I put a Galaxie 500 or a 55 Chevy pickup I have my eye on.

Quote:
I think my problem has not been my heart but more like too many drugs of the blood pressure type. My BP has plummeted recently but my tablets stayed the same plus extras for misdiagnosis along the way, it was almost in my boots this afternoon so I'm going to have to regulate them for a while.
Old 17 May 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3823089)   #1123
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No, I definitely need a rest, they did actually wield a scalpel but luckily the cut is only a 1/4 of an inch long. Hmmm, I was thinking about treatment with cars, where do I put a Galaxie 500 or a 55 Chevy pickup I have my eye on.

I think my problem has not been my heart but more like too many drugs of the blood pressure type. My BP has plummeted recently but my tablets stayed the same plus extras for misdiagnosis along the way, it was almost in my boots this afternoon so I'm going to have to regulate them for a while.
Just disagree with something that bauble posts, he'll help you get the pressure back up to where it should be!
Seriously, all the best with the recovery (and to Bob, you know I my comments about you are in jest...)
Old 17 May 2018, 19:30 (Ref:3823099)   #1124
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
My late Mother-in-Law was one to pay regular though not especially constant visits to the doctor and was slightly on the "worried" side of matters of health, taking a large array of tablets that I rather suspect had been prescribed on the basis of what she kept reporting to the GP rather than any profound and problematic underlying threat of anything truly serious. She had always been quite active in her own way but was a bit of a worrier. Put a reasonably sized plate of food in front of her and she would instantly say "Oh, I can't eat all of that" .... but usually did.

Anyway, shortly after she was widowed, by then well into her 70s and very close to the 80s, she was told she needed a low salt diet. Not long after that she started having dizzy turns - possibly due to an ear problem they thought. The maybe a blood pressure problem and so the tablets regime started to ramp up. The dizzy sessions were checked and rechecked as possible labyrinth issues over a couple of years and by then she was feeling much less confident about going out. And eventually even getting up became a problem for fear of falling.

Drugs were changed frequently to find something that suited her and then amounts were changed to try to find a level of medication that gave her at least a stable health situation.

By this time she was more or less staying in bed all the time, fearing a dizzy spell and a fall if she got up.

I live in carer was arranged and she was so successful the M-i-L, who shortly before had seemed to be on the point of shuffling off the mortal coil, recovered more than somewhat. But not enough to feel confident about getting up. The carer lasted for something over 2 years before the live in challenge got to the point where her own family life was in need of some care. Another lady was found and she kept things going for about another 2 years at which point the family decided that a home was really the only options for 24/7 care. She lasted about anther 2 years in the home - I think she made it to 90.

The family were convinced that she was losing her mental faculties and she hardly spoke to anyone when they visited. I'm not so sure. I think she actually preferred not to have to make small talk by that point and was quite happy to have shorter and shorter visits.

Towards the later years her high blood pressure seemed to turn to low blood pressure and so the dose of drugs was adjusted accordingly, but still allowing for the high blood pressure diagnosis or years before.

My suspicion is that the High Blood pressure only existed because she was never comfortable visiting a doctor and so agitation cut in. Not severe but enough to show constantly high readings.

The dizzy spells that developed were ever so similar to the effects of extremely low salt levels. There may have been some ear based problems too but with the mix of drugs and not being able to take basic things like penicillin (and who knows what else that had not been identified as a possible problem) I rather suspect that the GPs were chasing a set of symptoms that were to some large extent artificial - the result of the prescription regime rather than the perceived medical diagnoses.

I could be very wrong of course but in the early days, before loss of confidence stopped her trying to live anything like a regular life, she was so focussed on the "no-salt" message that I wondered whether to try sneaking some salt into her meals and observing the results.

That was never going to be a realistic experiment as we lived 130 miles away. But it would have been interesting to see what happened.

Tim, your comment quoted above prompted this excessively long tale.

I'm not suggesting your situation is anywhere near comparable BUT, as you highlighted yourself, a drug chase "trying to find a balance that works for you" may not be something to experience for the long term so you are right to be considering the potentially less then positive aspects of prescribed treatments. IMO.
Old 17 May 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3823108)   #1125
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just disagree with something that bauble posts, he'll help you get the pressure back up to where it should be!
Seriously, all the best with the recovery (and to Bob, you know I my comments about you are in jest...)
Dear Viv,
We all enjoy your sense of humour, and the many laughs you give us, however, your latest quip suggesting that some should disagree with anything I write, is risible as to be quite classic.

The very idea that ANYBODY, could disagree with ANYTHING I write must rate amongst the finest jokes ever written. Keep up the good work.

No doubt Tim had a hearty laugh at the idea.