Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:38 (Ref:2046447)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton beats Alonso in the world championship

That makes this feel slightly better.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:39 (Ref:2046450)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On 2nd place count back too.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2046453)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hooray.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:42 (Ref:2046463)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it's fitting that both Alonso and Hamilton ends the championship tied on points.. there is almost nothing between this two.. and probably, Hamilton gets ahead for being a better boy. But good job
Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:48 (Ref:2046474)   #5
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why did mclaren do a 3 stopper for hamilton?

Hamilton did a good job all season, scrappy start to this race, non avoidable issue with transmission (I guess), but 3 stops? How was that going to work?

McLaren need a Ross Brawn.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:54 (Ref:2046488)   #6
Steril707
Rookie

Steril707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a bitter victory for hamilton on this one...
Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:59 (Ref:2046497)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, it is bitter, but it may help alleviate some of the Spanish media's attempts to claim that Alonso is a better driver than Hamilton.

I beg to differ with such a viewpoint, and I think Hamilton'll only get better, so at least Hamilton is "officially" better, in his first season.

It does actually mean something if you, like me, cannot fathom Alonso's attitude.

Alonso should never have been number 1 at McLaren and Hamilton's proved it this year.

Last edited by Born Racer; 21 Oct 2007 at 18:03.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:01 (Ref:2046502)   #8
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartingdad
Why did mclaren do a 3 stopper for hamilton?

Hamilton did a good job all season, scrappy start to this race, non avoidable issue with transmission (I guess), but 3 stops? How was that going to work?

McLaren need a Ross Brawn.
With the way the tyres were degrading, and according to hamilton's style of driving, it would have been very difficult for him not to have tyre probs if he did only 2 stops.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:01 (Ref:2046504)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone champion then Alonso!
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:02 (Ref:2046510)   #10
JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 stopper, where did that come from ? he had a chance of winning it. hydraulic problem, press a switch in garage! totally fixed result for me. especially after what bernie said in interview before race.

well done to lewis for a fantastic season.

Roll on next year.....
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:03 (Ref:2046514)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Not much to choose between Hamilton and Alonso, for sure.

A very sad McLaren meltdown cost them the championship. This is a team in disarray, and they had better get it together for next year.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:06 (Ref:2046522)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltafan
With the way the tyres were degrading, and according to hamilton's style of driving, it would have been very difficult for him not to have tyre probs if he did only 2 stops.
A very good point, something which I alluded to some days ago. The heat, coupled with the gripper than expected new surface, Lewis' oversteery driving style, and odd choice to bring soft tyres really hampered Lewis and others too, like Kubica.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:09 (Ref:2046529)   #13
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to the FIA.
Remember the unjust grid position penalty this year?
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2046533)   #14
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And I suppose that'll make all the Hamilton sack-riders happy as well.

In the words of Crabbers:

'Your boy just took one hell of a beating.'

FORZA KIMI!!!!
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2046535)   #15
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really doesn't matter, I'm glad Alonso didn't win it and that Ron and his "prefab" wonderkid can look only at Kimi as the 2007 WDC. Kimi is a worthy champion and as for second,........were mostly talking about who's the first of the losers.

Hail to the Kimster !!
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:21 (Ref:2046557)   #16
Flag Monkey
Rookie

Scotland
Stirlingshire
Flag Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a Hamilton fanboy but do feel more than a little bit sorry for him. Pleased that Kimi sneaked up on both of them and did it.

I did respect Alonso until this year based on his performances with Renault. If you did not know better then an outsider could be forgiven for thinking that the driver of car 2 this year was the experienced guy and number 1 was the rookie (accept that in the last couple of races Lewis has shown his inexperience) based on some of the audacious moves.

Also TSF general surly attitude in response to a competitive team mate was both surprising and at times amusing in equal measure.

Alonso is a skilled driver but obviously flawed. What team manager wants to take on that baggage for next year?
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:22 (Ref:2046560)   #17
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
From the horse's mouth (RD) 3 stops over 2 recovered 10 seconds at least.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:22 (Ref:2046561)   #18
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flag Monkey
Not a Hamilton fanboy but do feel more than a little bit sorry for him. Pleased that Kimi sneaked up on both of them and did it.

I did respect Alonso until this year based on his performances with Renault. If you did not know better then an outsider could be forgiven for thinking that the driver of car 2 this year was the experienced guy and number 1 was the rookie (accept that in the last couple of races Lewis has shown his inexperience) based on some of the audacious moves.

Also TSF general surly attitude in response to a competitive team mate was both surprising and at times amusing in equal measure.

Alonso is a skilled driver but obviously flawed. What team manager wants to take on that baggage for next year?

Most of them I suspect.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:25 (Ref:2046575)   #19
Flag Monkey
Rookie

Scotland
Stirlingshire
Flag Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST
Most of them I suspect.
For what? To get third in the champoinship (again) at best
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:27 (Ref:2046581)   #20
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was rooting for lewis but bad things seem to happen in threes football / rugby /f1 in england so hey ho .i think the best man won on the day and at least it wasn,t alonso the winging git.well done kimi its been a long time comming .lewis next year will be a force to recon with as long as he learns a few things from this year.also if he has beaten alonso this year does that make him the no:1 driver next year ?

Last edited by bdwoody; 21 Oct 2007 at 18:30.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:28 (Ref:2046582)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flag Monkey: Eh?
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:32 (Ref:2046596)   #22
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
????
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:34 (Ref:2046603)   #23
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How does the points system works?
They have tied points but I thought it will count towards the most win, but obviously they have the same number of wins, so then shouldn't it goes to who get the win first?

i would thought Alonso should be 2nd.

Anyone can explain?
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:36 (Ref:2046609)   #24
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
oh well, not bad for a rookie!
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:36 (Ref:2046612)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It goes to most seconds, then to most thirds etc...