Closed Thread

Old 24 May 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2468344)   #1
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Perez and De La Rosa sign for Campos F1 team

No news on the engine but investor Carlos Slim of Telmex is partner.
Old 24 May 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2468345)   #2
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
source?
Old 24 May 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2468418)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
If it's true Perez is an obvious one as he is the number one driver on the Telmex ladder at present.

De La Rosa i'm not convinced about - although a handy development driver he would certainly be.

I mentioned in the new team rumours thread that Bruno Senna would be a strong contender for one of the seats becaise Slim is a massive fan and sponsors him as well.
Old 24 May 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2468425)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
De la Rosa would be one of the oldest drivers for a while (born 24.02.71), I would imagine. Luca Badoer, Ferrari's test driver, is a similar age (25.01.71).

I have looked at marca.com where I often look for F1 news, and there is no mention of drivers yet.
Old 24 May 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2468441)   #5
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Campos denied Slim was involved when he announced he had entered

On Senna, Paul Jackson of iSport has already said that he wants to get Bruno in one of his cars if they enter

But it seems the cap is being removed anyway so I can't see any of these projects appearing regardless
Old 24 May 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2468471)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If there are no links to prove this "news", this thread will be closed.
Old 24 May 2009, 23:58 (Ref:2468515)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I can't find anything.
Old 25 May 2009, 00:02 (Ref:2468517)   #8
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah likewise.

Edit: and ya know if it's out there Martyn woulda found it by now.
Old 25 May 2009, 00:07 (Ref:2468519)   #9
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you can forget Campos Meta 1 in F1 , it´s only smoke.

Big companies like Telmex will not enter F1 with this type of teams for sure.
Old 25 May 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2468526)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

CLOSED