Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Aug 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3844426)   #26
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
One year I ordered late and had to pick up the tickets in a porta cabin just outside the gates near abbey. It might be worth a ring to make sure they’ll have your tickets there.

Yeah done that before but it said on my order they would be in post.

There’s no active phone number for the ticket office on weekends.

Thanks for your help, and enjoy the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 Aug 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3844428)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah. Pants. If I remember rightly that year I was told it would be sent to me at booking, but didn't arrive. I did buy on something like the Tuesday before. Although they had a telephone number then! Progress.

I suppose worst case is you have to buy on gate, but I fancy your chances of sending the others back and/or saying they didn't come and getting your money back. Surely they would see they haven't been used.

Good luck.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 11:12 (Ref:3844429)   #28
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow,

I just went to fiawec.com for live timing of Quali and there is live vision for free
With Mcnish.

Now GTE Quali . LMP is 13.25 CET in 14 minutes.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3844430)   #29
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Ah. Pants. If I remember rightly that year I was told it would be sent to me at booking, but didn't arrive. I did buy on something like the Tuesday before. Although they had a telephone number then! Progress.

I suppose worst case is you have to buy on gate, but I fancy your chances of sending the others back and/or saying they didn't come and getting your money back. Surely they would see they haven't been used.

Good luck.

They were at the gate thanks for advice! Very strange.

I’ve not done the ELMS day before, anyone know if gridwalk is open to public?
Old 18 Aug 2018, 11:23 (Ref:3844431)   #30
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC24 View Post
Wow,

I just went to fiawec.com for live timing of Quali and there is live vision for free
With Mcnish.

Now GTE Quali . LMP is 13.25 CET in 14 minutes.
That's unexpected. Must be an intentional one-off freebie.

https://www.fiawec.com/en/live
Old 18 Aug 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3844432)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a good idea! Make qualifying free and if people like it, they'll pay.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3844435)   #32
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Great lap by Lopez on used tires. Only lost 3 tenths while Nakajima lost over a second. Lets see if anyone improves after this red.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 11:53 (Ref:3844436)   #33
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Odd session that one. LMP2 was amusing - Pastor took 7 attempts to register a legitimate lap!

SMP car looks fast but so difficult to drive. That might hurt them over a full race tomorrow.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3844437)   #34
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Good for Button, going out there and doing the best non-hybrid lap at the end of the session. The back of the lmp1 field looks like a toss up between ByKolles and the Dragonspeed BR1. ByKolles missed fp2 because the fire and the Dragonspeed just seems to have slow drivers. Race pace at least looks closer than qualifying and there might be rain so I hope it's a fight between Toyota and the rest, but another record lap by them in qualifying shows the speed of that car. Aston Martin being right on the heels of the Ford is a pleasant surprise too.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3844438)   #35
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But it looks good when LMP1 NH is closer to Toyota (SMP and Rebellion) than to best LMP2 (Dragonspeed and Bykolles). The latter two had bigger problems and generally less running in the season tough. Hope they improve.

The Aston Martin gain is incredible. From the slowest to the second best car.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3844439)   #36
Turbodcc
Rookie

Turbodcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Odd session that one. LMP2 was amusing - Pastor took 7 attempts to register a legitimate lap!

SMP car looks fast but so difficult to drive. That might hurt them over a full race tomorrow.
Agree. The f1 drivers had mentioned at this years silverstone round that the track was faster and had more grip but that the bumps were worse, certainly can be seen on the SMP cars.

That's why I was surprised that the NA cars got the weight reduction along with the increased FF for silverstone. TC cars will have gains in efficiency but given that the oreca chassis has been developed over a longer period I think the 15kg weight reduction offered to NA cars was a bit much.

However Button was unlucky with the yellow, would have taken edge off tyres. Fair play to rebellion for getting the car together, great effort, and kolles too. Here's to the prospect of some great racing tomorrow
Old 18 Aug 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3844442)   #37
LMPFan
Rookie

LMPFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The SMP Dallara driven by Jensen Button set a laptime of 1:38.305 which i believe is better than any hybrid has that lapped this track not named the TS050.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3844443)   #38
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a new stat in the alkamel timing data. It's called "noise control". I assume this is decibels at the start finish line.

Porsche, Ford, BMW(surprised?) all at 110-115dB which is right at the upper limit. Ferrari's passing the line under 100dB most of the time. The Ferrari is too muffled.

Looks pretty close in GTEPro. I want to see what the Aston's and BMWs can do over the distance. Porsche was surprisingly slow considering how quick they were at Spa and their BOP unchanged from that round. Could be differing tire strategies at play
Old 18 Aug 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3844444)   #39
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMPFan View Post
The SMP Dallara driven by Jensen Button set a laptime of 1:38.305 which i believe is better than any hybrid has that lapped this track not named the TS050.
3 tenths quicker than last years 919 - good call!

Shows that the P1 privateers really aren't as far off as people claim. They've made really good cars. Toyota just took a big step forward again. Toyota are still developing the car as if Audi and Porsche were still there - and good on them for not sitting back and cruising.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3844445)   #40
LMPFan
Rookie

LMPFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
3 tenths quicker than last years 919 - good call!

Shows that the P1 privateers really aren't as far off as people claim. They've made really good cars. Toyota just took a big step forward again. Toyota are still developing the car as if Audi and Porsche were still there - and good on them for not sitting back and cruising.

I agree Toyota out qualified Porsche at about the same margin last year on this track.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3844446)   #41
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
ELMS 4 Hours starts 23 minutes from this post.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3844449)   #42
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I'm going to say this and hope he doesn't prove me wrong: Hedman has improved a lot, especially in LMP2. He's no longer LMP3 speed in an LMP2. He's midfield LMP2, and that's all he needs to be.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3844451)   #43
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC24 View Post
The Aston Martin gain is incredible. From the slowest to the second best car.
BoP breaks can give you incredible gains for sure.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 13:54 (Ref:3844454)   #44
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
There's a new stat in the alkamel timing data. It's called "noise control". I assume this is decibels at the start finish line.

Porsche, Ford, BMW(surprised?) all at 110-115dB which is right at the upper limit. Ferrari's passing the line under 100dB most of the time. The Ferrari is too muffled.
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...actice%203.PDF

What is the purpose of this document though? The noise regulation has not changed I guess. What are they going to tell those that posted too many red values?
Old 18 Aug 2018, 13:54 (Ref:3844455)   #45
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
BoP breaks can give you incredible gains for sure.
+0,06 is a small boost, for sure it's not enough to justify this performance gain. Min. weight didn't change too.

Guess that prodrive found the way to make work the car at the best.
Or maybe they tested so much at silverstone......

let's wait tomorrow race and next 2 races to find out the consistence of the car.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3844456)   #46
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...actice%203.PDF

What is the purpose of this document though? The noise regulation has not changed I guess. What are they going to tell those that posted too many red values?
I'm guessing these values were always recorded and used internally, but now it's being made public for whatever reason.

This ELMS race is good fun. The new High Class Racing livery is gorgeous.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3844458)   #47
XtC24
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
+0,06 is a small boost, for sure it's not enough to justify this performance gain. Min. weight didn't change too.

Exactly, that is what I thought too.
I felt they will be able to fight some with the rest but not in front.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3844461)   #48
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm guessing these values were always recorded and used internally, but now it's being made public for whatever reason.

This ELMS race is good fun. The new High Class Racing livery is gorgeous.
It sure is. And quite a good first stint by Fjordbach.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 14:39 (Ref:3844462)   #49
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That was close to being a horrible accident - luckily Shaitar didn't collect Hanson or any of the marshals working on the UA car.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 14:39 (Ref:3844463)   #50
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
It is a shame the High Class Dallara has dropped back so much.

FCY. SMP went off under yellow. It's being suggested there is oil down, but if there isn't then a driver will be being sent home for that one.