Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jun 2003, 22:25 (Ref:618484)   #1
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Celebration!!!

Well, it finally happened. Monty won, and yes, he won in Monaco. I wanted to post this as soon as JPM received the trophy from Rainiero's hands, but unfortunately I was ina a country house during a weekend trip. I cried, yes I did, when my National Anthem started I became the happiest man on Earth, thanks to Monty, Williams, and everyone who made this possible. Back on earth, it was a good race, everybody was trying to figure JPM's pit strategy, and he did a great driving job. I'm happy, that's all I have to say for now. To all of Montoya's fans out there, , don't worry, I'll pay for all of them.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 22:33 (Ref:618495)   #2
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers to you, kuchi. I couldn't manage tears, but I was with you anway.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 22:43 (Ref:618505)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Kuchi, i'm well pleased for you, aswell as all the Monty fans on this site (including myself of course) i was jumping round the living room like a loon, (so much so that i woke the wife up, who was upstairs sleeping....not very well) followed by a phone call to Sato san and more shouting/cheering followed.

Allow me to buy you a (i can't remember how many i've bought since yesterday, but it was worth it )
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:05 (Ref:618523)   #4
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The smiles said it all

I for one have been floating on air.

If this is how the MS /Ferrari fans feel every time their man wins, I can see how this can become addictive and they don't want to let go.

I don't blame them.
It feels reeeeal goooood.

I'm looking forward to many more.

Congratulations Juan Pablo, and thank you.

Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:07 (Ref:618525)   #5
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes what a great site to see Monty on top again! Hopefully the FW 25 will show similar form in the races to come. Also great to see four different constructers and five different drivers win this year. Well done JPM!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:15 (Ref:618544)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 02:56 (Ref:618687)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Great stuff

I can only imagine how you feel mate, when Webber wins a race I will be over the moon.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 12:13 (Ref:619084)   #8
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not a Monty fan, but it'a good to see new kids on the block.
So far he's the 5th GP winner, not bad if we consider that last year only four drivers won at least one race, but after 3 consecutive wins of TGF, twas time to make a change.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 13:14 (Ref:619143)   #9
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
It almost made me wake up.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 14:10 (Ref:619205)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was really pleased that Montoya took the win. It was great to see how emtional he was on the podium, it obviously meant a lot,a s he joins such a proud list of guys who've won teh world's greatest driver-skill test, and alongside (I think) only Graham Hill and Jackie Stewart in having won both this and the 500.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 17:31 (Ref:619431)   #11
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wondered where you'd got to Kuchi! Wasn't half bad was it .
Old 4 Jun 2003, 06:19 (Ref:620054)   #12
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Celebration!!!

Nice post, Kuchi...
Old 4 Jun 2003, 06:56 (Ref:620070)   #13
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was great to see JPM have a win & also it's good to see his supporters enjoy it so much.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 07:43 (Ref:620107)   #14
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Graham Hill and Jackie Stewart in having won both this and the 500.
But folks when was the last time a current F1 driver drove in the Indy?
Old 4 Jun 2003, 16:22 (Ref:620746)   #15
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Celebration!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Led ZeppF1
Nice post, Kuchi...
Thanks Led, and to all of you who replied. I taped the race, and I've seen it 7 times now(true), and the feeling is the same.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 17:05 (Ref:620790)   #16
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
But folks when was the last time a current F1 driver drove in the Indy?
JPM in 2000 :confused
Old 4 Jun 2003, 18:19 (Ref:620888)   #17
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's great, isn't it! Cheers, Kuchi, Montoya will win many more!
Old 4 Jun 2003, 22:08 (Ref:621186)   #18
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps when it was a part of the championship, Armco?

It would never work out for one of the drivers to take part in the Indy 500 whilst they were doing the F1 - I remember a few years back DC wanted to do Le Mans, but it just wasn't feasible...he was only able to visit that year.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 22:56 (Ref:621233)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When Indy was part of the championship there was hardly any interest from the main F1 drivers/teams. It was after this that there was the "invasion" and the likes of Hill and Clark.

DC has done Le Mans. He won the GT class in a Jaguar, only to be disqualified. AFAIK he has not wanted to do it any year since.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 11:34 (Ref:621654)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did you see Schueys face in the press conference! HA! He did that thing with his lips where he purses them to create a cats anus! HA! HA! HA! HA!

GO MONTY!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:25 (Ref:622055)   #21
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It would never work out for one of the drivers to take part in the Indy 500
Thats what I was getting at,comparing JPM with Hill because he won Indy is irrelivant these days because F1 drivers dont do Indy anymore,the only way you can join that elite club any more is win Indy first,then come to F1 and win there.The chances of anyone ever doing the Indy/F1/LeMans thing again is practically zero.
(the last full time F1 driver I can ever remember doing Indy was Regazonni,wasn't it?)
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:31 (Ref:622061)   #22
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Isn't Montoya now two thirds of the way there now? Indy in 2000, Monaco in in 2003...
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:32 (Ref:622062)   #23
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
No he needs a WDC.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:44 (Ref:622070)   #24
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I think there must be two of these offical accomplishments and the Indy, Monaco, Le Mans (as the 3 "blue ribboned" events) individual race wins is one of them.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:54 (Ref:622074)   #25
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Jacques does -and wins- Le Mans then he'd be the only driver to win F1, Indy, CART and Le Mans... Shame he could not win Monaco.