Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jun 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2714197)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC Televised Autoglym Lydden Historic Festival 2010

17th / 18th July.

Again this is shaping up to be a cracking meeting with full Motors TV coverage. All the Classic Touring Racing Club Championships will be out including Classic and Historics (Pre 66), Post Historics (Pre 74's), Group 1 (Pre 83's) and Classic Thunder/Ford Boss. We are also being joined by the MX5 Championship, the Late Model Stockers from Belguim and 3/4 scale NASCAR's on the oval circuit plus an open invitation race so there really is something for everyone.

This year it will be held over the whole weekend and the Classics are almost into reserves and the others not far behind so a cracking weekends motorsport for competitors and spectators alike.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 10:18 (Ref:2714230)   #2
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Looks good, shame it clashes with WTCC, may do Saturday only at lydden

You've confused me al!! I though MX5's were at lydden weekend after next and at the CTCRC meeting in July there is nippon challenge and mk1 MR2's?
Old 18 Jun 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2714241)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well I always get it wrong don't I duh! No you are quite right the Nippon 4WD's and MR2's I knew it was some fangled little rice burner!
Old 21 Jun 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2715618)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Latest updated program here!

Latest schedule of events here in Marshal's section. Download pdf.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...770&styleid=28
Old 21 Jun 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2715699)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
should be a good weekend, not sure about the toy nascars, we'll see I guess!
Old 21 Jun 2010, 15:11 (Ref:2715757)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well it makes a change I am sure there will be plenty of action on the oval, the European Late models should be good with Kelvin Hassell who is a member here and the Sprint cars look a bit awesome.

BTW if not seen on the marshals forum the club needs some marshals for this event and any volunteers would be most apprieciated.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2715964)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
If there's autocross mud slinging type stuff, how do they propose to clear all the sh!t off that tarmac???

I don't fancy having to fork out on another windscreen or slide off and worse because the tracks undrivable
Old 21 Jun 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2715971)   #8
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Late models/mascar is on the tarmac oval
Old 21 Jun 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2715988)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
ok,

I've no idea what that is, the circuits short enough as is

I suppose some people get lost easier than others
Old 21 Jun 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2716026)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah dont worry Joe they are strictly tarmac cars on slicks. I believe they just miss out the loop and hairpin.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2716052)   #11
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and they go the wrong way around !!! 8-)
Old 22 Jun 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2716173)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Full details of this exciting event now on the club website with downloadable brosure. http://www.classictouringcars.com/index.asp
Old 11 Jul 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2724955)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Full entry list here, probably be a few more late entries added to this and doesnt show the Oval entries.

http://www.classictouringcars.com/Ly...ies%202010.pdf
Old 14 Jul 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2726524)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
just got back from the rolling road with the spare engine installed ( haven't had time to fix the other one yet!)

154 BHP should do the job
Old 14 Jul 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2726540)   #15
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you tryin' to scare the opposition?
Old 14 Jul 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2726574)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
no need
Old 14 Jul 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2726580)   #17
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick question - Are both Brian Goodwin's and Neil Bray's Fiestas entered as 1300cc (Supersport). Did Neil's used to be a 1600cc ?

Any ideas on rough power ? I'm only asking as I used to track day a Fiesta Mk1. I will be at Lydden on Saturday but I think the Group 1's are only racing on Sunday,
Old 14 Jul 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2726709)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Blimey thats good power Joe!
Old 14 Jul 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2726726)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Blimey thats good power Joe!
He had a bit of inside information from somebody !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Jul 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2727000)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
ongoing developement Al . . . .I haven't even started cheating yet!!!!!
Old 15 Jul 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2727021)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ha ha, no need to cheat with CTCRC sensible rules as you can build a nice enjoyable race car within the rules and also be able to stop when you want to not like some of our rivals. I invested in some Wilewood GN calipers, huge 6 pots not massively expensive infact they were at a bootsale and from a Ford Works Dakar Explorer entry and unused and I paid £150 for them inc. two sets of pads. I made the brackets up myself from some 1/4 plate and had to change the master cylinder for a bigger Wilewood one (£120 from the states). Anyhow not only do these things stop with no over heating probs whatsoever the pads will last two seasons! Now when I was running sliding calipers like an Apps K car or a Historic Road Sports would like the Mustang driver I was talking to they bent like a banana and lasted one race and had to be specially made and I tell you what they gave up after about 4 laps so god help you at the end of the Revitt!! Where is the sense in that this is meant to be fun for crying out loud.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2728369)   #22
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After checking a few times yesterday, still no results on tsl.

Last edited by G.Walker; 18 Jul 2010 at 08:51.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2728581)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Std brakes, std suspension, largely standard engine Al

3rd first race & class win

2nd in race 2 and a class win, also fastest lap

car looks like it taken a direct hit from a 12 bore, and new screen is knackered, they must use a special blend of granite and flint only in Kent, not helped by people cutting corners and falling off flicking it all over the place.

had an absolute hoot, and tried keeping a straight face at the Redneck stuff which doesn't fit IMO

a great weekend . . . . looking forward to restful weeks work truth be told!
Old 18 Jul 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2728723)   #24
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Std brakes, std suspension, largely standard engine Al

3rd first race & class win

2nd in race 2 and a class win, also fastest lap
Thats a result. Well done.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2728759)   #25
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
favourable, in our book at least