Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Apr 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1585807)   #1
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA Historics

Happy Easter guys

Just looked at the FIA Historics website and noted that there are no dates for the UK.

Is this definately the case?? Can anyone confirm this and why this is the case?

Cheers

Simon
Old 18 Apr 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1587454)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
judging by the website the answers No, probably to do with Money, aren't all these things ?

heres only 7 events this year, I think the FiA series is struggling. particularly the pre66 TC . . .theres too much competition offering better events
Old 18 Apr 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1587473)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I think we are so well served with a wide diversity of historic racing events (along with all the other grassroots and club events) in Britain that it woulds be difficult to fit in any others. The only FIA championship that appears to be coming over this year is the Lurani Trophy for FJ cars. There was, I believe a race for those at Brands last Saturday, and there is another at the Silverstone Classic at the end of July.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1587493)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
the Turn out at BRands was superb for the FJ's, and great races too in dreadful conditions ( thanks MSV!) and heavy rainfall
Old 18 Apr 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1587533)   #5
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who is MSV?
Old 18 Apr 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1587534)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Motor sport Vision, owners of Brands Hatch
Old 19 Apr 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1588986)   #7
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, exactly what I thought. I guess Top Hat provides what most of us want in the UK, although I was always impressed with the 'professional' nature of the various FiA Championships - the driving standards seemed extremely high across the board.

Hey ho.

I struggle to keep up with what's going on where in any detail and nearly always find out who and what was racing in Motorsport after its happened! What are the best dates coming up where I can spot some competitive GT and TC racing with FiA-spec cars? The Gentleman's Drivers are good, but its a bit "eclectic" (which has its own positives) for me.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 05:48 (Ref:1589365)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Donington April 30/May 01 Top Hat all series from Oldies but Goldies, via Sebring Salute to Groovy Baby. Enjoy, sadly I can't make it.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 06:55 (Ref:1589392)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the Top Hat weekend is probably going to be the best varied historic weekend in UK this year (bar the extravaganza of Goodwood) Silverstone Classic concentrating more on pure racing cars (and one tin top race).
Carol Spagg's FIA race at the WTC meeting at Brands will be eclectic in terms of the grid mixing GT and tin tops.