Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Jan 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3193193)   #26
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
cg, turn off the throtle blip and do it yourself

Some cars are really hard to drive as their rears lock up real easy.

Depends what setup you ae using, I used a G25 with H pattern, flapy paddle doesnt work too well in GT cars as its hard to time the throttle blip

I use flappy paddle in P cars, it wors fine there.

Maybe play about with auto clutch and stuff. But some of the GT cars are quite tricky to drive, its a known bug, but once you work it out its fairly easy.

My basic advice is that you have to use a different settings in the GT cars and P cars, that is how I remember it!!
Thanks for the tips. I've been trying out the Reiter '09 Lambo around Silverstone. The rear of this beast locks up so easily under downshifts, initially I thought it was riding too low and grounding or there was something not right with the diffs or maybe brake bias. Anyway, it's a handful to drive.

Maybe I'm not doing myself any favours as a beginner to the mod using the paddle shifts on my G25 with all aids off except possibly auto-blip. I'll haveta double check. I'll stick with a little longer to see if I can get a handle on it.
Old 23 Jan 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3193201)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

My only complaint so far is my online sub is pretty much a waste of time due to the slow speed evrything is being done.
That is clearly right.

Quote:
Graphics are not great, but the physics are way ahead of stuff like Pcars, Raceroom simraceway.
The graphics are really quite poor, actually.

Quote:
And it will get better
I shall hold you to that promise......
Old 23 Jan 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3193202)   #28
DemonDriverDan
Rookie

DemonDriverDan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I much prefer rF2 to rF1. Sure there's a lot less content at the moment but as others have said it's still a beta and more content is due to come.

The whole driving experience in rF2 is so much better especially the FFB. If you turn filtering off you can feel every bump in the road, it's pretty glorious!

There are a few community made cars and tracks on the ISI forums that would be worth checking out. The Mid Ohio and Croft circuits are particular favourites of mine
Old 23 Jan 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3193204)   #29
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ayes, what did I tell you ages ago

It is not anything but a beta, its a lot better than it was when it came out believe me.

Its a BETA! You can run any car on any track, just select all cars all tracks in the selector

Graphics are not great, but the physics are way ahead of stuff like Pcars, Raceroom simraceway.

And it will get better
The problem is that it was supposed to be 'finished' in Summer 2012. Its now six months on and there is no sign of significantly more content coming out. They have a small development team and I suspect they have bitten off more they can chew. By the time its finished and there is more content we will all be running Assetto Corsa.

If Rfactor 2 had concentrated on one type of racing - such as historics - they could have propduced some properly licensed 60s cars and enough relevant tracks - but they tried to hit too many targets. The 60s stuff that exists is very, very good indeed - but there is just not enough content for me.

And I say this as a big fan of rfactor 1. I'm still loving the classic hot rods round Wimbo and F1 stock cars round Belle Vue...
Old 23 Jan 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3193263)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Corsa is not going to be markted very well, their previous title wasnt either, despite it being quite good.

And they didnt offer enough to get you going, one track and no online content, Assetoo needs to be muc better "sold" seeing as though it will likely be a pay t play or at least purchase before you try idea.

Agreed with leo, I think they tried to do too much, small team, if they had the resources and budget of PCars it would be done by now I am sure.

But I am hapy with it, just a shame no one plays it. I would rather own a title that plays well and loks OK than one that is sold purely on beautiful screenshots but plays like Ridge Racer!
Old 23 Jan 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3193351)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
The problem is that it was supposed to be 'finished' in Summer 2012. Its now six months on and there is no sign of significantly more content coming out. They have a small development team and I suspect they have bitten off more they can chew.

This is fine when you're developing something for free for the sim/modding coommunity. I well remember how long we waited for the Sports Car mod to come out for GPL (and then I didn't actually like it...). But that was free, so we had no right to complain.

Here, people (like me) have coughed up significant amounts of cash - that places an obligation upon the development team to get on with it - and if they can't, to get people in who can. Where is the cash going?
Old 23 Jan 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3193366)   #32
DemonDriverDan
Rookie

I've had loads of 15+ car races in the Clios around Mills on rF2, all other users of varying abilities and had some incredible races as a result.
Old 23 Jan 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3193372)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Perhaps it's time to tallk RF2 separately....

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...73#post3193373
Old 23 Jan 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3193421)   #34
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be fair Ayes

Unless you are on the bread line, 25 quid or so is not a huge amount of cash!

100 or quid for a few extras cars on Iracing is a significant amount of cash when you alreasy have to subscribe!
Old 24 Jan 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3193820)   #35
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
cg, turn off the throtle blip and do it yourself

Do you know where the throttle blip assist is, which menu? I can't find it unless I've misunderstood you. I've got all driving aids off bar auto-clutch.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3193831)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
To be fair Ayes

Unless you are on the bread line, 25 quid or so is not a huge amount of cash!

100 or quid for a few extras cars on Iracing is a significant amount of cash when you alreasy have to subscribe!
I'd never pay that kind of money anyway. The relevance of the money is not the specific sum but the fact that I don't think I've got very much for it. I can think of a lot of things that I could have bought with what I paid for RF2. At the moment, it's fallen a long way short of my expectations.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3193875)   #37
DemonDriverDan
Rookie

Back to rFactor, the Blancpain mod is pretty good, really enjoying it!
Old 24 Jan 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3193939)   #38
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It really is, been doing some hotlapping offline recently.

Some of the cars are quicker though, I tend to be quick in the Alpina, McLaren and Z4, but the 4wd stuff is real hard to drive! Gallardo and R8 are not really that quick
Old 25 Jan 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3193941)   #39
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
CG, it might be in one of the folders, not sure which one, do some research on the Enduracers site, I am sure it will be discussed on there,

You might have to edit a plr.dat file or something, I cant quite remember.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3195331)   #40
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
CG, it might be in one of the folders, not sure which one, do some research on the Enduracers site, I am sure it will be discussed on there,

You might have to edit a plr.dat file or something, I cant quite remember.
After reading some conflicting posts about auto-blip, I decided to edit the PLR file anyway and disable it. Maybe the effect is psychological but I think it has made a difference. Thanks.

I'm not sure I'm shifting properly now (foot remains firmly planted on throttle shifting up and down) but the back end is no longer locking up unless I screw up the shifting of course, and even when it begins to break away I can catch it- just. End result is, I'm several seconds faster - still of the pace of the AI but a lot more comfortable driving around.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3195338)   #41
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
lol cg

I dont think your foot should be planted! you might have amde it possible to flat shift maybe

I tend to lift slightly on upchange, and on downchange I blip myself without heel and toeing,

Some mods like Historix can force you to heel and toe, but I find that really hard.

Honestly dude, once you start getting used to it and blipping, it becomes second nature and you will find yourself using it on every mod!!

I certainly do now, apart from the modern F1 mods etc, where it is simply quicker to use paddles
Old 28 Jan 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3195341)   #42
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
lol cg

I dont think your foot should be planted! you might have amde it possible to flat shift maybe

I tend to lift slightly on upchange, and on downchange I blip myself without heel and toeing,

Some mods like Historix can force you to heel and toe, but I find that really hard.

Honestly dude, once you start getting used to it and blipping, it becomes second nature and you will find yourself using it on every mod!!

I certainly do now, apart from the modern F1 mods etc, where it is simply quicker to use paddles
Ok, so lift slightly on upshifts a la GPL and blip the throttle on downshifts.

Another silly question but what's your technique for blipping on downshifts? I use paddle shifters.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 17:47 (Ref:3195365)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
In all seriousness I use auto clutch on proto's, and paddles, you dont need to blip

In GT cars, you sort of time it so you nick the thrittle pedal just after you go through the gater, it takes some getting used to but just plod round a track or test venue and try it, you son get the hang of it.

So I was going 6th to 2nd, I would blip each time I went down, but I would likely go, 6 to 4, blip in middle, 4 to 2 blip in middle, obviously timing each one a little slower than normal due to speed difference.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3196161)   #44
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:

In GT cars, you sort of time it so you nick the thrittle pedal just after you go through the gater, it takes some getting used to but just plod round a track or test venue and try it, you son get the hang of it.

You're gonna laugh even harder at me now but I tried it yesterday and I think I need more limbs. I was bloody awful, over-running the turn-in point time and time again as I was concentrating so hard to blip the throttle I was leaving the steering late and even forgetting to brake properly and relying too much on engine braking!

Again, I'm not sure what I was doing was right but at the point that I knew I needed to drop a few gears, I would get on the clutch with my left foot (normally used for braking) then stab the throttle while flicking the paddle at the same time. Sounded great, felt awkward and very very wrong.

I went back to flat-shifting which doesn't seem to be destroying the gearbox like I thought it would - since you're not apparently supposed to do that.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3196208)   #45
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I dont use the clutch to change down cg, just blip the throttle!

You can try and do it properly, but its bloody hard!

I just blip the throttle while left foot braking still! But you need to turn off auto clutch or you are just blipping pointlessly otherwise
You will get the hang of it dude, its incredibly satisfying when you get used to it, especially when you listen back on replays and you realise you got each one to the same revs!

(how bloody anal is that), a Lambo V12 F1 car shifting down for a hairpin from 6th, music!!
Old 31 Jan 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3196634)   #46
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
I dont use the clutch to change down cg, just blip the throttle!

You can try and do it properly, but its bloody hard!

I just blip the throttle while left foot braking still! But you need to turn off auto clutch or you are just blipping pointlessly otherwise
You will get the hang of it dude, its incredibly satisfying when you get used to it, especially when you listen back on replays and you realise you got each one to the same revs!

(how bloody anal is that), a Lambo V12 F1 car shifting down for a hairpin from 6th, music!!
This throttle blipping lark is bloody good fun! I loved it! The noise of the Lambo V12 is just glorious.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3196690)   #47
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It doesnt take long cg, you will soon get used to it and it will be second nature

And then you will keep on using on mods where it doesnt really need it!

Welcome to my world
Old 1 Feb 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3196824)   #48
DemonDriverDan
Rookie

I'm back in the Clios for a long time now. Don't really like them, the revs die much too easily and they're a bit weird to drive but I need the practice!
Old 18 May 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3249382)   #49
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yesterday we released previews of the next 2 cars that will be coming to Endurance Series, the BMW M3 GT2 and the Lola Aston Martin DBR1-2.

http://www.enduracers.com/newsletter_31.html
Old 28 Jun 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3271153)   #50
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Yesterday we released previews of the next 2 cars that will be coming to Endurance Series, the BMW M3 GT2 and the Lola Aston Martin DBR1-2.

http://www.enduracers.com/newsletter_31.html
Fantastic, Enduracers do such an amazing job. Can't wait to sample the Aston V12. I remember a couple of years ago being up against the fence on the entry into the Dunlop chicane at Le Mans in light drizzle just before sunrise listening to the engine wailing in the slippery conditions. Wonderful.