Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Jun 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2224575)   #26
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If people want to have a "pop" at someone and haven't got the guts to say who they really are then in my opinion it's a poor show. I am in full agreement with John R. that even if people want to use a "handle" they should tell us who they are. ( Except of course Zef who couldn't be anyone else!)
Old 10 Jun 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2224623)   #27
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that is a fair point - use a moniker by all means but in fairness to the reciever of the flak put your name on the post....
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:34 (Ref:2224855)   #28
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Folks, this wasn't intended to be a thread to knock those who didn't want to reveal who they were; it was more about providing an opportunity to those who were prepared to do so. As has been alluded to in other posts and other threads, there are good reasons why some would want to remain anonymous which has nothing to do with posting inflammatory comments behind a pseudonym. And had I had a bit more imagination, I might have picked something different to my real name, and merely disclosed the real name in my profile!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2224879)   #29
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
If someone has good reasons to use a handle no problem but if its not necessary why bother.Let us into the secret,whats Christopher Tates ,Charlie March and Max's handles.They seem to know whats going on in the Forum so I am sure they post.My guess Max's real name is Terance Bower
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:55 (Ref:2224884)   #30
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not necessarily, John. It is a fact that a lot of 'interested' people read us who are not members and therefore do not, indeed cannot, post. Whilst we can't claim that Ten-Tenths is a major force, I do know that on occasion, some of our more constructive views are taken on board!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 15:11 (Ref:2224895)   #31
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Agree and I can confirm they are aware of certain other views that shall we say are not in line with their own which if nothing else should give them food for thought when they climb down from the ceiling deal is that if the Powers that Be do not read it their mates certainly do and report back to HQ.Makes for an interesting inbox for certain people
Old 10 Jun 2008, 15:14 (Ref:2224901)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

It is well known that one or two ideas/complaints were taken firmly on board last year by Masters and they should be applauded for it. Likewise when there's constructive criticism I hope they also take note. One of which may be clashing dates?

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 10 Jun 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2224997)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
If someone has good reasons to use a handle no problem but if its not necessary why bother.Let us into the secret,whats Christopher Tates ,Charlie March and Max's handles.They seem to know whats going on in the Forum so I am sure they post.My guess Max's real name is Terance Bower
Glad it's not spelt the same as mine then!
Seriously[if thats the right word] it's obvious that SOME of the things discussed are taken on board,where else would the Big "B" Engine thing come from for instance?.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 07:04 (Ref:2225437)   #34
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well to be fair HSCC were onto the Big B thing several years ago and I think the 6 Hour where B's started popping in 3.05 started some questions.... also made a lot of people think that if that was allowed they better get one as that is getting into a time that is normally associated with cars twice the price!!!
I think it is fair to say that the series organizers probably read these forums and if some ideas/gripes have been taken on board to make a better series its a good thing - however they have to wade through an awful lot of "banter" (and I am being charitable!!) to find it!
Old 11 Jun 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2225462)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do agree with that Simon but I still think that forums such as these do bring things out into the open.As JR said,even if the various organisers don't read these points,there will be someone who knows someone who does.Another thing to consider is that they also get to know who does what and where.

Last edited by terence; 11 Jun 2008 at 07:50.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 12:18 (Ref:2226847)   #36
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its all making sense now . . .John started this so he could find out who everyone is and get more free beer in the PAddock !!!
Old 12 Jun 2008, 12:35 (Ref:2226859)   #37
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
0K I'll own up, my name is Roy Wood and I do get plenty of free beer !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jun 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2227157)   #38
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
NO!
I'm John Turner!

Old 12 Jun 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2227248)   #39
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha Gordon I asked if thats who you were just now on another thread before I read this one, I actually met Roy once and had a drink with him, as he did a concert at my sisters Uni going down ball and I knew his girlfriend Aysha Brough. As I recollect at my request he announced my sisters engagement infact he went further than that he dedicated the whole show to my sister and het fiancee, all those northern college chicks thought I was the man up from the smoke!
Old 12 Jun 2008, 23:36 (Ref:2227421)   #40
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no I'm John Turner - and so is my wife....................................
Old 13 Jun 2008, 10:21 (Ref:2227665)   #41
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Well, clearly I must be someone else then! And just for the record I don't drink alcohol at circuits if I'm driving home the same day, but a cuppa will always go down a treat! However, I admit that I am a fairly regular visitor to my local pub as it is but a 10-15 minute walk or 5 minutes on a bicycle (yes, I really do have one and use it!).

Now, JFW, I know who you are but, does everyone else?
Old 14 Jun 2008, 06:59 (Ref:2228220)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
If your name is Jason,how come your having daughters?
Old 14 Jun 2008, 07:30 (Ref:2228232)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Terry you can be so like a female doggy! (Blimey over reaction by the auto sensor)
Old 21 Jun 2008, 20:25 (Ref:2234306)   #44
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we had this subject going on in another thread, and I explained my nickname there. Ever since I sign with my real name. I just went through this whole thread and I think there are too many reactions of people who already know each other. While maybe funny at the time, they do complicate a quick and easy scan of the "who is who", the purpose for which this thread obviously intended.
I might be a good idea if John Turner (and yes, the real John Turner) would get a broomstick and do some cleaning.....
Old 21 Jun 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2234338)   #45
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Agree Pieter.On VSCC Forum they allow handles but actual name has to be included in Profile .I am not sure about the need to cover the identity of any posters ,it's not as though there are to many secrets in Historic Racing as its not that important
Old 23 Jun 2008, 05:23 (Ref:2235380)   #46
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Agree Pieter.On VSCC Forum they allow handles but actual name has to be included in Profile .I am not sure about the need to cover the identity of any posters ,it's not as though there are to many secrets in Historic Racing as its not that important
Agreed,It's also a very small world.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 06:20 (Ref:2235397)   #47
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Agreed,It's also a very small world.
so we don't need an 8-pages thread then...
Old 23 Jun 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2235398)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its only 6 on my set up.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 06:58 (Ref:2235411)   #49
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Its only 6 on my set up.
you just opened my ninth page...
Old 23 Jun 2008, 07:06 (Ref:2235415)   #50
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
so we don't need an 8-pages thread then...

Whilst I agree with you RE,people who post on here whom are already known to others,there are still people who dont have a clue about those who prefer not to show thier real names for whatever reason.