Old 21 Jan 2013, 02:07 (Ref:3191949)   #1
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC AGM report 9/12/12

Minutes of 55th AGM – 9th December 2012 at Oulton Park

I have just read this AGM report and am appalled that two marshals were named and denigrated by BMMC officials on the apparent strength of unsubstantiated heresay (page 9 para f.) without knowing the facts or circumstances of the people criticised. The BMMC South West member who wrote that report and the BMMC committee that accepted and published the said report owe the denigrated marshals an apology for the slur cast over them.

Flame away guys, I'm not a BMMC member and have no wish to be so now.
Old 21 Jan 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3192014)   #2
morwenna
Racer

morwenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree. If issues like that needed to be discussed then there was no need to make it personal by singling out individuals. Equally, if there was an issue with an individual (and I'm not saying there is), then surely the best course of action would be to approach that individual and discuss any concerns. I also thought the point about yellow flags was unnecessary and again it would have been better to raise that with the individual circuits.

I am currently a member of the BMMC (principally for insurance purposes for Le Mans) and so I intend to raise my concerns accordingy.
Old 21 Jan 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3192046)   #3
LandieLad
Racer

Japan
Tokyo
LandieLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally and utterly disgusting. To debase a person in the public domain is totally unacceptable and beyond contempt. How the committee of the BMRMC could prostitute themselves by permitting such offensive material to be printed is beyond my comprehension.

I have resigned from the BMRMC as my individual protest.
Old 21 Jan 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3192099)   #4
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was not at the AGM this year and have just had this brought to my attention.

We have removed the report from our website whilst we investigate the matter. In the interim please accept my personal apologies for any offences that may have been caused.
Old 21 Jan 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3192114)   #5
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris, the link to the report in the initial comment still works though.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 21 Jan 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3192200)   #6
nighthawk7
Rookie

United Kingdom
SWINDON, WILTSHIRE
nighthawk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I can tell you I am not happy as it was me that was named........
non Factual and Derogotary Remarks...
Old 21 Jan 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3192217)   #7
nighthawk7
Rookie

United Kingdom
SWINDON, WILTSHIRE
Landielad:-- I don't think it warrants that sort of action..Have had a long discussion on phone with Chris and am more than happy with what is being done over this matter...
Old 21 Jan 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3192220)   #8
kilomike
Rookie

England
Warwick
kilomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post
Chris, the link to the report in the initial comment still works though.
The whole of the BMMC site os offline now ...
Old 21 Jan 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3192223)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk7 View Post
Landielad:-- I don't think it warrants that sort of action..Have had a long discussion on phone with Chris and am more than happy with what is being done over this matter...
That's good news
Old 21 Jan 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3192365)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by statto1956 View Post
The whole of the BMMC site os offline now ...
Nope - Just read it! Amazing but glad that Nighthawk has been contacted and the issue is hopefully sorted!
Old 21 Jan 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3192428)   #11
nighthawk7
Rookie

United Kingdom
SWINDON, WILTSHIRE
I wont say sorted...but at this stage happy with what is being done. I have Faith in Chris to sort it...
Old 22 Jan 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3192678)   #12
icorper
Racer

England
Farnborough, Hants
icorper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It makes you wonder how someone who wrote paragraph d on the same page could then write paragraph f.

Beyond belief.
Old 22 Jan 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3192737)   #13
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having now had the opportunity to look into what happened at the AGM I would like to offer our unreserved apologies to the people whose names appeared in the official minutes. I have discussed the matter with those involved in the generation of the content and can assure everyone that all measures will be taken in future to ensure nothing of this kind occurs ever again.

We welcome full and frank discussions at our meetings, but no-one should be accused of anything without first having the right to counter that accusation and that accusation should not be made in public. Where criticism is made of an individual it is important that that individual has the opportunity to discuss the matter, in private, with the person making the criticism on a face to face basis (moderated by a third party if necessary). These sorts of comments should not appear in public documents and we will do our best to ensure they do not in future.

I have also spoken to the people named and offered my personal apologies. As Chairman of the club I accept the criticisms that have been made of us, we regret any offense that has been caused and hope all parties involved will accept those apologies so we can move forward together.

This subject will be discussed at the next National Council meeting of the club in February and at the next meeting of the South West committee this week. The AGM minutes will be put back on the website when the offending material has been removed and we will take all measures possible to ensure this does not happen again.

I welcome any communication from members and non-members on this and any other subject. If you think we have done something wrong, have not done something we should, or can improve the way we do things, then please let me know.
Old 22 Jan 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3192816)   #14
nighthawk7
Rookie

United Kingdom
SWINDON, WILTSHIRE
I think those at the BMMC(SW) who made these comments and those that accepted them. Have done the BMMC harm and this sort of action is not good for the image of the club... nor is it the best conduct for its members..
Old 22 Jan 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3192873)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with you but please allow Chris to do his job on behalf of all our members
Old 22 Jan 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3192944)   #16
nighthawk7
Rookie

United Kingdom
SWINDON, WILTSHIRE
Steven - I have full faith in Chris to do his job....
Old 24 Jan 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3193819)   #17
salmonsrobin
Rookie

salmonsrobin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this was a public business the chairman would of resigned, i voted with my feet years ago and as i said a few months ago we need a Marshals club for Marshals not for the ego of those that run the BMMC
Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3193833)   #18
nighthawk7
Rookie

United Kingdom
SWINDON, WILTSHIRE
I had thought about membership...But there's no way I will become a member of BMMC now.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3193834)   #19
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob welcome, some interesting debates in the future?
Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3193841)   #20
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonsrobin View Post
If this was a public business the chairman would of resigned, i voted with my feet years ago and as i said a few months ago we need a Marshals club for Marshals not for the ego of those that run the BMMC
Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3193842)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonsrobin View Post
Oh dear Robin, you really havve no idea of the amount of work everyone on Council does for the good of our members. Chris Hobson has openly apologised and said that he is sorting it out so please let him do just that. No-one forces anyone to join the club and if you choose not to be a mamber then that is your right.

I would point out that being a member does have benefits which are widely publishef snd recorded
Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3193849)   #22
salmonsrobin
Rookie

Please don't patronise me Steven, i have a very good idea what the club does and doesn't do.

It is time for change, we do need a marshals club and when we have one that is run for marshals, as I said rather than ego's, I'll join.

The MSA is the governing body of Motorsport in this country and its about time a marshals club worked with them to the benefit of the sport and marshals

It is time for a change in the BMMC
Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3193859)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Patronise you? Never.

Strangely enough the BMMC do work very closely with the MSA with Chris and others giving up time during the working day to attend the various meetings and put forward and represent the view of marshals

By the way, my name is spelt Stephen
Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3193860)   #24
salmonsrobin
Rookie

Thank you Ian, you never know
Old 24 Jan 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3193861)   #25
salmonsrobin
Rookie

Oh dear Stephen, I think your reply says it all, i rest my point.

Those responsible should resign, it is time for change
Closed Thread