Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Oct 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1736919)   #51
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Not the attitude Peter, I'm hoping Top Hat take note and do something about it rather than slip into the over prepared mire as some other series have.

and I know they read this

I'm quite suprised to hear a Morgan is strong, presumably the cars had more than its fair share of cuprinol and woodworm treatment over the years to maintain its integrity
Old 13 Oct 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1736949)   #52
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is so. Once, you may recollect, about 6 years ago, a Morgan managed single-handedly to cancel a meeting at Mallory when it T-boned the armco at Devil's Elbow by going straight on at nigh-on 100 mph. Keith Ahlers walked away. The crowd audibly breathed a sigh of relief.

Though, again at Mallory a couple of years ago, when a Mog went off big-time like Richard's did after Gerards, the driver did actually have a few wood splinters in his eye which required removing.........
Old 13 Oct 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1737183)   #53
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it true you can get repair kits for Morgans from M.F.I.?
Old 13 Oct 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1737191)   #54
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I do recall several hours of drunken hilarity at LeMans a few years back . . . . all based around Morgans. smell of linseed oil, burning wood, car grounding out, sparks and the smell of Charcoal in the air etc
Old 13 Oct 2006, 16:07 (Ref:1737299)   #55
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead
Not knocking anyone but I think a marshal or two on that inside paddock gate would be handy as I've seen 3 cars end up there (all biggies!) in the only 2 Mallory meets I've been to this year.
And where, pray tell me, would they have come from? Which post would you have left without incident cover to put somebody there?

Hindsight is always 20/20!
Old 13 Oct 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1737398)   #56
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant knock a Morgan owner, you can always rely on him to bring a barbi!!Eh Zef.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1737599)   #57
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Cant knock a Morgan owner, you can always rely on him to bring a barbi!!Eh Zef.

Steady on here chaps. I am sure that there are aspects of all our cars that we can each take a pop at if we want to so let's reign in the adverse comments shall we. And yes I do own one !
Old 14 Oct 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1737610)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol.

Good for you Ted, somebody needs to own one.

FWIW the gentle fun is countered by the fact that they are surprisingly, seriously quick race cars and everyone acknowledges that.

daj.

I know that Julius was bemoaning the drop off in grids and I suspect this is the reason for it. Trouble is I was hoping that this series would be a good home for me but not being mechanically minded and certainly not having the ability to build my own cars it will be too expensive for me to buy the necessary bits and have the car built to suit the modified regs that others seem to want to run to.

Sadly this year my schedule precluded me from entering any TH races but perhaps its just as well.

As to the tyres. How can one interpret "Dunlop D84" for "Dunlop treaded tyres"? That was the interpretation offered to me by one driver at Spa.

If this attitude prevails I'll just look around for allcomers races where I can accept a "run what you brung" philosophy, as with the MGCC where I won my class in June.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1737857)   #59
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

Hi Ted ,only joking, any idea asto what won the Tour Brittania??
Old 14 Oct 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1737960)   #60
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I guess he may have worked it out from that, but if, surprisingly, he hasn't, he can look here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87652
Old 15 Oct 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1738553)   #61
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Well, I guess he may have worked it out from that, but if, surprisingly, he hasn't, he can look here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87652
Yeah,but!
Old 15 Oct 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1738660)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Standard practice for that corner. Run wide you slap the inside barrier, usually sideways and usually hard.
A friend of mine Ellis Bergman did just that in his Camaro at the same spot, I think Mallory is a bit of a dodgy circuit personally and I have seen a fair old bit of damage and injuries there over the years along with Lydden and try to avoid both these days.