Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Oct 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3857804)   #101
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I can't believe I was actually a Nascar fan once. But I was up until about 2001. Briefly got interest in it again in the late 2000's when Juan Pablo Montoya was competitive but after he faded I only just now read the results to see when Kyle Busch can get to 200 overall NASCAR victories.

There is not a SINGLE new driver who has debuted in the past 5 years that I have any interest in. My favorite driver through the late 90's was John Andretti, then it was Dale Jr for a while until Montoya came in. I guess now its Kyle but its not like I watch the races.

The stages need to go. Having two 200 or 250 mile double headers might be the way to go in the future. Could actually have a chance at safety car free races. Also doing this will allow the Grand National (Xfinity) series to split up more frequently and go to more smaller tracks or road racing circuits that need to have more marque series' hosting it. This series could also add a whole lot of road races to the schedule, it could attract better road racing names to the series. If the Grand National (Xfinity) series had 10- 15 races that were on road courses the maybe someone like Andy Lally or Colin Braun run full time and give the series some recognizable names to compete and give people a reason to watch.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3857950)   #102
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chase Elliott is the only reason I actually try to know what's happening these days.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3857968)   #103
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
There are still a few drivers I like, Harvick, Chase, both Buschs, Clint, JJ, Aric but most of the kids just don't click with me: Byron, Bowman, the Childress bratts being case in point. I was glad to see Kenseth back a bit this year, but this probably is the end game.

Juniors enthusiasm in the booth has definitely been a plus and compensates a little. Sliiiiiide job!
Old 20 Oct 2018, 20:55 (Ref:3857994)   #104
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
NASCAR Cup car gets a demo run at the Gold Coast Supercars circuit: https://www.supercars.com/videos/cha...r/?cat=default

I think this more than anything I've ever seen shows the need to lighten the cars and lower their CoG at the very least. There are only two parts of the track where the car looks like it's going fast - probably because they're the only parts where it IS. They need to be "racier."
Old 21 Oct 2018, 05:03 (Ref:3858076)   #105
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Whatever NASCAR does with the enxt gen cars, I would like GM to switch from the Camaro to this:
Old 20 Nov 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3864601)   #106
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Next-gen NASCAR Cup car?

Ha. I WISH we'd get that lucky...
Old 22 Nov 2018, 21:13 (Ref:3865089)   #107
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Next-gen NASCAR Cup car?

Ha. I WISH we'd get that lucky...
Is that a TA2 just without a rear wing? Never seen one with a spoiler like that.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 23:30 (Ref:3865120)   #108
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Is that a TA2 just without a rear wing? Never seen one with a spoiler like that.
It sort of is, but isn't.

It's a Fury Model R, a track day car. The company that makes it -Fury Race Cars- builds asphalt Modifieds and Late Models. It is like a TA2 car in that it is a tube frame chassis meant for road courses, powered by a big V8. But it's not built on an approved TA2 chassis(sofar as I can tell it's a version of Fury's Late Model chassis built specifically for road racing instead of ovals), and the LS3 engine it uses is not the same spec as the LS3 in a TA2 car(it also uses a GM LS3 even if you get the Mustang bodywork, whereas a TA2 Mustang will have a Ford-derived engine).

I imagine it drives very similarly to how a TA2 car would if you replaced the wing with a spoiler, though.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3926929)   #109
Ground Effect
Rookie

Australia
Martin, WA
Ground Effect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to a traditional points scoring system for me. Cannot believe Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards were robbed of titles over the years. Particularly Edwards in 2008, that Roush Fenway Ford was a missile.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3926965)   #110
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Effect View Post
Back to a traditional points scoring system for me. Cannot believe Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards were robbed of titles over the years. Particularly Edwards in 2008, that Roush Fenway Ford was a missile.
Yeah, absolutely. The current system to me makes a mockery of the championship. Nothing personal against Joey Logano but on merit/ race wins/ points scored it should have been Busch, Harvick or Truex being crowned champion last year. As it turned out it came down to who amongst those four had a good run at Miami, nothing more than that.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 20:36 (Ref:3927237)   #111
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Effect View Post
I'll drink to THAT! Nascar sez champions would have been the same under the old scoring. I think not. A hothead fast driver like Harvick would drive the last 10 races a lot different with the almost 300 point cushion he had one year. He could have finished last in one race, 10th or 15th in another and still lead points.

Someone mentioned not knowing much about newer drivers. Does anyone think that UFC, MMA, or any TV wrestling going all the way back to the '50's would exist if the players hadn't been allowed to talk smack at each other? A new driver mouths off about another; Nascar fines them $25000 for "conduct detrimental to the sport." Equine Fecal Matter! It may be detrimental to a bunch of Daytona bean counters' idea of "clean, family entertainment" to pitch to sponsors, but fans love it. The fans are leaving because they don't know the drivers; and sponsors are drying up as the fanbase does.

One driver I have doubts about is Eric Jones. He spun 7 times at 'Dega last year...by himself.