Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 2 Oct 2003, 20:50 (Ref:739121)   #1
Digital Man
Rookie

Digital Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tire mark on Schumacher's ride?

Has anyone figured out whose car (or what entity) applied the tire scrub to Schumacher's left side during the USGP?

I was there, but I didn't do it.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 20:52 (Ref:739102)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
It was from a brush with the curb after tangling with Coulthard. Schummi appeared a bit angry about it after the race.

Oh, and, welcome to ten tenths!! You will like it here.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 2 Oct 2003 at 20:53.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 20:56 (Ref:739122)   #3
Digital Man
Rookie

Digital Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, I.M.

On approximately what lap did this happen?
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:08 (Ref:739116)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pity DC didn't hit him a bit harder
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:12 (Ref:739120)   #5
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:33 (Ref:739113)   #6
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And face a penalty?

DC dare not, Uncle Ron would be 'SO CROSS'.

Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:36 (Ref:739118)   #7
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Perhapps it is the warm up for Suzuka where he'll do the job properly???????????
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:38 (Ref:739107)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC still has a chance to hit him harder
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:39 (Ref:739108)   #9
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like it's many's wish!
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:44 (Ref:739106)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
Seems like it's many's wish!
I don't think that DC will get close enough to Michael in Japan to do any damage. (unless of course, Michael comes up to lap him )
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:58 (Ref:739103)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Digital Man
Thanks, I.M.

On approximately what lap did this happen?
On topic. When did this contact with DC occur. It was quite a tyre mark on his car and I am suprised nothing more has been made of it.

Obviously not a major incident, but possibly worth note.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 22:03 (Ref:739104)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
here is a picture of the mark:
http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/200.../diapo_345.jpg
Attached Images

Old 2 Oct 2003, 22:12 (Ref:739119)   #13
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet the other Ferrari had a similar mark as well!
Old 3 Oct 2003, 01:49 (Ref:739101)   #14
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
How ironic that some of those most critical of Jerez are suggesting DC should ram another competitor off the track.

The hypocricy of sone of the members on this forum amaze me.

While not a fan of DC, I think he has too much class for such a deliberate move. He also does'nt mind mixing it with Michael, and is one of the few to go wheel to wheel with him without major contact.

Does anyone know when in the race this occured?
Old 3 Oct 2003, 02:49 (Ref:739114)   #15
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword - many would view it at rough justice.

I'd like him to win or be beaten fair and square, but Jerez (and Adelaide) means the spectre of this will always hang over him.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 07:31 (Ref:739100)   #16
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
It was from a brush with the curb after tangling with Coulthard.
I believe it happened the other way around, David closed the door, Michael hit the curb and they touched. Not sure, but I believe it was lap 5-7 or so, when Michael lost quite a few seconds.

PS: Oh yes, for the other subject of the thread.

Last edited by Red; 3 Oct 2003 at 07:31.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 07:40 (Ref:739110)   #17
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm surprised the mark isn't much longer.

The speed differential between MS and DC in that race was about 500mph......even the briefest touch would have resulted in a ten metre skidmark.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 07:53 (Ref:739115)   #18
jonathanc
Racer

jonathanc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS has had it coming for years. He's owed a few nudges. Just hoping it will happen in spectacular fashion in Japan and keep him out of the points.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 07:55 (Ref:739112)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At first i thought the skidmark was because he hit Barrichello or something, but then shortly after i heard that it was Monty.

And despite the fact that i wouldn't mind seeing TGF being rammed off the road for a change, i would rather see him beaten fair and square on the track.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 07:59 (Ref:739098)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Redlake27

............even the briefest touch would have resulted in a ten metre skidmark.
How do you know it didn't?
Old 3 Oct 2003, 08:30 (Ref:739111)   #21
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter. Lets hope the championship tie break rules don't end in an underwear comparison test.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 08:35 (Ref:739099)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well the championship results have been known to "stink" in the past.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 09:53 (Ref:739117)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not seriously suggesting DC takes him out. It's just that Schumacher himself is prepared to cross the line and make dirty moves, yet when anyone doesn't jump out of the way for him he always has to make some comment about it.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 10:26 (Ref:739109)   #24
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Redlake27

The speed differential between MS and DC in that race was about 500mph......even the briefest touch would have resulted in a ten metre skidmark.
500 mph only if both where going full speed in opposite directions. More likely side by side and only a few miles an hour difference?
Old 3 Oct 2003, 10:46 (Ref:739105)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by GTV27
He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword - many would view it at rough justice.
Hey, cliche time: 2 wrongs don't make a right!

So what is this thread? A new member comes here and asks a question. A reasonably interesting question? Except no one can answer! All that is suggested is that DC should have taken a competitor out and this would have been justified because it can be an excuse to turn it into a Jerez thread. It is mildly relevant, I suppose, but come on.

I share Wrex's disapointment here.

thread closed.

As it is quite interesting I've kept the thread going for the new member: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=44620

Last edited by Adam43; 3 Oct 2003 at 10:54.