Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jul 2004, 04:23 (Ref:1033655)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:00 (Ref:1033700)   #27
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Gary Thanks but no thanks! believe it or not it is easy to get drivers and we have all been together for the past ten years.Who is Mr Mallet?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:19 (Ref:1033713)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John,

I believe Gary is referring to me and a possible opportunity to share my car.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 07:45 (Ref:1033776)   #29
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter, what are you running in the Top Hat? Is Julius going to run the Capri's in the same race - will you have to wear Dunlops or will you be allowed to put modern tyres on? I presumed he would have run the GTA Challenge seperately...
I have entered my Alfa in Top Hat, my Eleven has an entry in Gentlemen Drivers
Old 12 Jul 2004, 08:26 (Ref:1033801)   #30
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by James Murray
is it 2 ff1600 races this year jason?
Dunno James i hope it's 2 though, but last years 2 was to make up for the short 2002 .
Old 12 Jul 2004, 08:35 (Ref:1033809)   #31
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last years was a mixture of FF & CRC wasnt it?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1033812)   #32
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
yip.

you coming this year Paul

Last edited by jminsh; 12 Jul 2004 at 08:49.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 08:57 (Ref:1033833)   #33
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there...wife and young un in tow probably this time too
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:03 (Ref:1033839)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble
Peter, what are you running in the Top Hat? Is Julius going to run the Capri's in the same race - will you have to wear Dunlops or will you be allowed to put modern tyres on? I presumed he would have run the GTA Challenge seperately...
I have entered my Alfa in Top Hat, my Eleven has an entry in Gentlemen Drivers
I'm just guessing here because I don't have all the deets. Got this from Ken Clarke.

Julius has invited us to run with his Top Hat race (I think or maybe he's got an hour long GTA race). We will run our Dunlop D84J tyres because these reflect the type of tyre (albeit ours are treaded) that the 70's saloons ran in period. I guess this is a fore-runner to his 70's Saloons events starting next year.

It won't be just Capris because I know of at least one Dolomite Sprint that's going.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:33 (Ref:1034019)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Right, well that's the ferry booked. (Reaches for diary and strikes another job off the list).
Old 12 Jul 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1034143)   #36
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Julius is starting to mix and match a lot of his races - I gather Dijon was Cloth Cap and Top Hat combined. I would be interested to hear how that went as you will start to get serious speed differentials which can cause problems (speaking in this case as someone who will be nearer the back of the pack!)
Old 12 Jul 2004, 13:29 (Ref:1034157)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Not familiar with Dijon but as someone who is normally in the middle at Spa (although I think I was unlapped last year), I have experience of lapping and being lapped. At such a long circuit you don't generally have a problem.

I always try to set the car I'm passing up at the exit of Puhon, or into the Bus Stop. Both places where you can expect to be passed.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1034178)   #38
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Peter...good prompt...my ferry booked at least now we'll see how the hotel booking goes
Old 12 Jul 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1034189)   #39
simon drabble
Veteran

we do it every year - I mean get the Spa thread going to pages and pages! which one did you use Peter, MST or the man from Wales (whose name I have momentarily forgotten). I cant decide if its better to use the Tunnel or the Ferry, do we know when Julius' race is yet, I mean Saturday or Sunday
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:04 (Ref:1034201)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I just go for four days and then it doesn't matter re race timing.

I use MST. They also do all my Flights.

I'm out on a very early on the Thursday but as I was reminded, that means I get to the model shop................. er that means we can stop for a nice lunch in Francorchamps.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 15:23 (Ref:1034305)   #41
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thurday out and Monday back for us . . .these things must be done in style and at a leisurely pace

must book the ferry, and digs as well actually
Old 12 Jul 2004, 15:40 (Ref:1034329)   #42
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't mention 2002 Jason! Still havent got over that trip, I will be extra careful at Pouhon this year!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 16:04 (Ref:1034371)   #43
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
Quote:
Originally posted by James Murray
Don't mention 2002 Jason! Still havent got over that trip, I will be extra careful at Pouhon this year!
Simply just don't let your uncle in the car !
Old 12 Jul 2004, 17:28 (Ref:1034442)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Pouhon can bite can't it? It seems so benign as you brake. knock it down a gear and accelerate, until half way around it comes back on itself! Understeer city!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:08 (Ref:1035010)   #45
James Murray
Racer

Wasn't just my uncle who went off, I did aswell in the race before inflicting damage to the car and nearly to myself! Will be very careful this year.

Peter thats exactly what happened understeered straight of the road at the second part.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:13 (Ref:1035017)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I suggest a later apex at the beginning.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:31 (Ref:1035029)   #47
James Murray
Racer

Definately Peter. I personally think its the most difficult corner along with the one preceeding it (can't remember the name).
Old 13 Jul 2004, 09:06 (Ref:1035068)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
According to the map that corner has no name!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 09:14 (Ref:1035075)   #49
James Murray
Racer

Is it Les fagnes?
Old 13 Jul 2004, 09:16 (Ref:1035078)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No they are the right left flicks after Pouhon and before Stavelot.

Its possibly called AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Ahem*