Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jul 2004, 07:53 (Ref:1033780)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Historic Sportscar race at Britsh GP

Well done JEB for organising a great grid and race, 12 laps was tiring enough - I can hardly imagine what it must be like to do 60! The race went well for me apart from the foray across the gravel trap after bridge to avoid spinning cars putting me back to the back!
I was impressed that about half the people in the stands stayed to watch the race and hope they were not disappointed and have realized that Bernie is wrong about historics and Silverstone!
Pity they did not keep the video screens on for the race as I was told that commentary was hard to hear because of the helicopters
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:33 (Ref:1034018)   #2
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was fun Simon - I was watching from the SRC grandstand (seat right opposite your starting grid slot).

I don't think anybody who watched the Historic race was disappointed; it was very entertaining.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1034025)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
that whole Luffield complex was getting very slippery by the end so I am sure there was some cornering techniques which proved entertaining to the spectator and driver alike!certainly it felt like there was no grip whats so ever there! you definately had the pound seats there with Trulli big off and the Lotus 17 and 15 in our race, fortunately no one was hurt in any....
Old 12 Jul 2004, 12:12 (Ref:1034068)   #4
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I pretty sure you can thank the light grey /blue Jag XK for the slippery bit he was spraying oil out of the left rear for most of the Race!

Poor old Birdcage finaly shook the Prop off between the motor and gearbox along with all sorts of chassis tubes and bolts ?? A big big vibration problem me thinks from the new motor .
Old 12 Jul 2004, 12:22 (Ref:1034083)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd have certainly rather watched your exploits Simon than the "main event".......
Old 12 Jul 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1034094)   #6
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The red Arrows were good but arn't they always !!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1034135)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

having had a simila fate in Pau I can sympathise although it sounds like yrs is a bit more serious than mine was - and yup the Red Arrows were v impressive
Old 12 Jul 2004, 13:40 (Ref:1034171)   #8
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oops. I shouldf have posted this here really, but I got a snap of you Simon during your race yesterday.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...5&pagenumber=3
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:37 (Ref:1034251)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Simon I walked the length of the pit lane on Friday as you all olined up for practice but couldn't spot you. Also looked out for you yesterday for the race but had no idea what you looked like hahaha. I spent the weekend on pit wall 2 (that's the poor end from BAR to Minardi) and thought you may have noticed the red shoes as you went by (or tried to run them over )
Old 12 Jul 2004, 15:42 (Ref:1034334)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

you should know what I look like as I gather we used to work together in the same metal trading house! I was the unpainted Lotus Eleven which was a bit battered and was number 44 - twds the back of the grid I am sad to report!!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 15:44 (Ref:1034337)   #11
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very Interesting but what were the results ???? Did John Harper win ???? Looks like apoor entry for the Super Prix this weekend.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 15:47 (Ref:1034344)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

the Brands Super Prix I think has suffered due to Classic Le Mans three days later, its a real shame I cant do it for family reasons as it is a really great meeting. No I think Peter Hardman in the Ferrari won with either Bronson or Linney second so Ferrari followed by Lister
Old 13 Jul 2004, 09:56 (Ref:1035105)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Unfortunately it seems those who run historic meets and series rarely consult each other, therefore meetings get less than full grids, for my money the Brands Superprix will be better than classic LeMans as there will be real racing throughoput (I hope)

a Jag . . .pouring oil everywhere, just like the Jag that poured oil everywhere at Snett the other weekend, you'd have thought they'd have developed decent gaskets and seals by now