Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 20 Apr 2008, 07:19 (Ref:2181805)   #1
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Danica wins.....

danica Patrick has finally put the the speculation to rest.
Yes she can win....

Good drive even if the race result turned on economy.
Now its a question of 'Will this be the only one? or 'Will it be one of many....?

Helio, Dixon and Weldon tucked in behind.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2181844)   #2
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just happened to flick over to sky and see the last 50 laps of this race (lost track of it in the rain delay shuffle).

So glad I caught it, a great historical moment, and just rewards for a driver who's put a lot into a league that has been floundering.

Could Indy Car have hoped for a better start to the season publicity wise? Merger at last, a "great new hope" in American driving getting his first win, and now Danica getting across the line in front. I hope all this turns into a renewed interest in the sport in the US and a big Indy.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 10:01 (Ref:2181928)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW never thought i'd see the day.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 10:05 (Ref:2181932)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I must admit I never thought she could do it, but well well! Good on her. Not every day you make history.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2181937)   #5
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Her first win ever in any car, even Formula Ford. There was a time when you couldn't even get to that level without results...but good on her, well done.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 11:02 (Ref:2181978)   #6
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Didn't see the race since my cable provider no longer carries ESPN Classic (or has at least very skillfully hidden it). So I wake up to read that Danica got her first win.

Congratulations to her and Andretti-Green.

What a great start the "new" IndyCar series is having. Decent racing. Two wins by first-time winners and American drivers at that in Graham and Danica bringing positive exposure to the series.

It's all good.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2182018)   #7
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good day for motorsport. Hope it helps make IndyCar great again.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2182034)   #8
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
Her first win ever in any car, even Formula Ford. There was a time when you couldn't even get to that level without results...but good on her, well done.
She won on a fuel gamble, not racing anyone on track.

She got to the level she got to by being a woman. Other drivers have won a lot more races since karting and have never got to the top.

She can drive a car, certainly better than I could ever do, but i doubt shes anything special.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 20 Apr 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2182123)   #9
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well she has done it and fair play to her for that, but to be brutally honest she is in a top team, it was a small field and as has been said before it was a fuel gamble that won it for her. She may well win a few more races over the course of her career and i hope she does, i don't have a problem with Danica, but can anyone really see her ever becoming a title contender?, no, i didn't think so. So enjoy it Danica, well done and all that, but to be honest, big deal, lots of drivers have won one race in american open wheel racing, you may be the first woman to win but not everyone drives for a team as good as AGR.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2182130)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
danica Patrick has finally put the the speculation to rest.
indeed. a win is a win.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 20 Apr 2008 at 13:54.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2182146)   #11
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
She won on a fuel gamble, not racing anyone on track.

She got to the level she got to by being a woman. Other drivers have won a lot more races since karting and have never got to the top.

She can drive a car, certainly better than I could ever do, but i doubt shes anything special.

Then what you are saying invalidates every win by every driver who made it to a top series winning fewer races along the way than someone who didn't make it.

I know we are going to go 'round and 'round on this but I guess that means Rahal accomplished nothing as he won (partially) on a fuel strategy and Franchitti won last season using a fuel strategy at various races and Wheldon and Castroneves and Hamilton and Schumacher and come to think of it, in any race that goes more than 20 laps fuel strategy almost ALWAYS comes in to play.

Bottom line is that by executing that strategy in the pits and on the track, she won.

If raw speed is all that you need to determine the fastest driver, than the NHRA runs an excellent series where you can see some really fast cars with drivers who have lightning-quick reflexes...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2182152)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All part of the game, fair play to her!

She was always going to do it someday.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2182164)   #13
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great news for her and andretti green they put fantastic cars under their drivers....
Danica finally gets a win, we can expect more now.
why would IRL put down Katherine Legge's achievments in Formula Atlantic- she won three times on street and road courses- a professional series...
nevertheless congratulations to Danica
Old 20 Apr 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2182222)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The best part of this is the utterly retarded reaction to the win on Champcarfanatics.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2182229)   #15
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
truly historic. great day for motorsport.
not sure why anyone would dis her victory.
the defending nextel cup champion got his first win of the season last week in the same fashion. thats racing.

great going danica. a great driver and now a race winner.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2182247)   #16
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, good on her! Gutted I didn't see this live.

No, she's not the most talented driver ever to pull on a helmet in the IRL. But what she is is a winner and nobody can ever take that away from her.

Can only be good for the series.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 17:58 (Ref:2182249)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great news for IndyCar as a whole, and a great start to the season from a publicity point-of-view alongside Graham winning St. Pete's. It's true that she still hasn't done enough to justify four years of racing in a top team though.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 22:21 (Ref:2182419)   #18
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that puts that other thread to rest then and has proved many of us wrong (including myself). I did not see the race (down at the V8 Supercars meeting in Hamilton) but good for her.

I'm feeling sort of hungry now. Has anyone seen my hat
Old 21 Apr 2008, 00:04 (Ref:2182467)   #19
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Danica! A win is a win!

Now let's see if she can win the Indy 500 and a championship someday!

Old 21 Apr 2008, 01:06 (Ref:2182478)   #20
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
[QUOTE=johntt]She won on a fuel gamble, not racing anyone on track.
QUOTE]
Penske and Donohue won a lot of races with such strategies; if it lessens her win it lessens Penske and Donohue wins also.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 06:11 (Ref:2182555)   #21
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Great news for IndyCar as a whole, and a great start to the season from a publicity point-of-view alongside Graham winning St. Pete's. ....
Agree 100% on that
Old 21 Apr 2008, 06:28 (Ref:2182562)   #22
CDK 7
Racer

United Kingdom
kings lynn
CDK 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12
Good day for motorsport. Hope it helps make IndyCar great again.

well put
Old 21 Apr 2008, 06:39 (Ref:2182574)   #23
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree. On the otherside it was good to see Power cleaned up in Long Beach. Yes i'm an Aussie, so probably a little bias, but i don't care. Now it's all done back to Indycar Racing.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 07:36 (Ref:2182603)   #24
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
A win is a win, it might have been fuel related but who cares.
Fact is that this is a great day for racing, She normally went well in Japan as that track seems to suit her very well.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2182620)   #25
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Must be a lot of humble pies being eaten today if you go back and read the old thread......

As I predicted the win,mine is in the freezer waiting to see if she gets an F1 drive.......