Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Nov 2012, 22:51 (Ref:3173263)   #1
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
TRG Confirms AMR GTE Program

http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/11/...ng-launch.html

Aston Martin and TRG recently announced their partnership in racing a GTE-spec car(s) in the ALMS next year, GT-spec car(s) in Rolex next year, and GT4-spec Vantages in next years Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. It will be interesting to see if they attempt Le Mans in 2013 or wait until 2014. In any case, I wouldn't be surprised to see them entering some other races with this backing next year. Very interesting news!
Old 29 Nov 2012, 23:00 (Ref:3173270)   #2
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like the floodgates have just opened in regards to GT3 in the US. How long before we see Lamboghini's and McLarens going across as well?
Old 29 Nov 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3173273)   #3
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Seems like the floodgates have just opened in regards to GT3 in the US. How long before we see Lamboghini's and McLarens going across as well?
And Mercedes... my favorite.

My theory: with the announcement of the merger and the F1 race in Austin, teams around the world can see racing is growing in the USA. Also, with the announcement of the merging of GTE and GT3 cars to create one universal GT class, teams seem to have been electrified by the news and are trying to develop and homologate their cars to GTE spec.
Old 29 Nov 2012, 23:10 (Ref:3173278)   #4
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now the USA just needs a Dubai 24 hours style event.
Old 29 Nov 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3173285)   #5
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Now the USA just needs a Dubai 24 hours style event.
We have it. The 24 Hours of Daytona.
Old 29 Nov 2012, 23:40 (Ref:3173298)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Great news! I hope that Adrián Fernández joins the team.

I'm a bit worried about the one-make series. Weren't they trying to reduce the number of championships?
Old 30 Nov 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3173332)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Id love to see Turner in that car ..... and Enge .

From what I understand , Enge is banned from Fia sanctioned events but , would the ALMS be ok for him ?

And this is excellant neds indeed . The ALMS GTE class is world envyous , and going from strength to strength .
Old 30 Nov 2012, 02:19 (Ref:3173343)   #8
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

From what I understand , Enge is banned from Fia sanctioned events but , would the ALMS be ok for him ?

And this is excellant neds indeed . The ALMS GTE class is world envyous , and going from strength to strength .
And it will hopefully be growing in the following years with the possible Williams/RML Jaguar program, the Acura NSX GT Program, the BMW Z4s (next year perhaps!), the McLaren factory program, the eventual Corvette C7 GTs, and the universal 2015 GT class!

Sportscar racing is just getting better and better.
Old 30 Nov 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3173357)   #9
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Am I reading that right? 2 full-season entries in ALMS GT? Along with all the other massive plans that looks very ambitious. I hope TRG can pull it off!
Old 30 Nov 2012, 03:55 (Ref:3173368)   #10
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After all, they aren't anything like Lotus ....
Old 30 Nov 2012, 04:48 (Ref:3173372)   #11
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
looking forward to my first one coming up in January...

24hrs of Daytona also has Daytona Prototypes
Old 30 Nov 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3173728)   #12
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Am I reading that right? 2 full-season entries in ALMS GT? Along with all the other massive plans that looks very ambitious. I hope TRG can pull it off!
That's what I was thinking... hopefully so. I didn't know Kevin Buckler was stashing all that money.
Old 30 Nov 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3173741)   #13
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That's what I was thinking... hopefully so. I didn't know Kevin Buckler was stashing all that money.
Keep in mind that TRG has been selling cars (and race & street parts and other services), seats and renting crews for years. They have a manageable business model. Furthermore, I believe this is a partnership with Aston Martin Racing/proper. They've started a new LLC, and while money surely has to change hands for the cars, I expect Buckler sees this as a potential profit-making venture.

On an unrelated note, I don't think Adrian Fernandez will be involved after the events of the late WEC season. I hope for a strong driver line-up regardless, and quite frankly I hope Adrian reappears in a P-car.

Chris
Old 1 Dec 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3173746)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Its 2 cars ?
Old 1 Dec 2012, 01:15 (Ref:3173755)   #15
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My understanding is Aston-TRG will run two essentially factory cars (GTE) for ALMS.

Not sure if the Grand Am and World Challenge GT3s and GT4s are all customer cars, but since TRG has so many Porsches which are still legal for those series, I cannot imagine they will be buying Astons for those series ... which means i might be wrong and they are.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3173756)   #16
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those Porsches don't need to be kept you know....
Old 1 Dec 2012, 01:30 (Ref:3173758)   #17
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that saying it makes it true, but TRG's Facebook page (or one of the releases, can't recall which) said they had 10 Astons of various models and specs for their 2013 effort. That's a lot of cars - and no way could anybody but the very, very wealthiest of privateer teams could afford to do that. That's factory all the way if it's the truth.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 02:21 (Ref:3173766)   #18
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Between ALMS and WEC, there's certainly a demand on AMR with regard to driver provision - at least, if there's an intention to place factory drivers in the TRG entries.
Seems there'll be some seats opening, regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Not that saying it makes it true, but TRG's Facebook page (or one of the releases, can't recall which) said they had 10 Astons of various models and specs for their 2013 effort. That's a lot of cars - and no way could anybody but the very, very wealthiest of privateer teams could afford to do that. That's factory all the way if it's the truth.
The nature of the deal isn't entirely clear. Although, there seems to be official AM/US involvement via the N/A dealers association.
As you've mentioned, an inventory list of that depth doesn't occur by accident - seems likely there's funding involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
An integral part of the new company and relationship with Aston Martin is its North American dealership network that will work together with the new TRG-AMR North American group to explore partnership and marketing opportunities together. There are 35 Aston Martin dealerships in the US with five additional in Canada.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 1 Dec 2012 at 02:34.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 02:38 (Ref:3173771)   #19
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a full AMR partnership;
"Under a new partnership; TRG-Aston Martin Racing North America, LLC (hereafter; TRG-AMR), the two companies will work together with the aim of bringing Aston Martin race cars to all of the major sports car racing series’ in the United States."

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/racing...e-221be7ba1000

L.P.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 04:19 (Ref:3173789)   #20
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why do the Aston Martins always look like they have lipstick on?

btw... TRG normally races that many Porsche's.... was walking thru their paddock at the US F1 GP, and they had quite a few Porsche's racing in the Carrera Cup as well as the Grand-Am and ALMS versions just there for display purposes.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3173846)   #21
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post
why do the Aston Martins always look like they have lipstick on?
It's an old tradition...
<--- as you can see.

It originated in the 50-s (if not earlier) to help the team tell its cars apart from a distance when they approach the pits or pass by. Other manufacturers and teams were doing similar stuff.

Little known fact is that when Prodrive were running the BAR F1 team, that's when Button was fighting for poles vs the almighty Ferrari F2004 and Davidson regularly matched Schumi on Fridays, the two BAR 006 F1 cars had that tiny little nose cone hole painted in different colours. One was orange, the other light green or turquoise. Rings a bell? I think Richards is quite fond of that tradition even though it made no sense in F1. And the next year Prodrive rolled out the DBR9 with similar marking.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3173867)   #22
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post

The nature of the deal isn't entirely clear. Although, there seems to be official AM/US involvement via the N/A dealers association.
As you've mentioned, an inventory list of that depth doesn't occur by accident - seems likely there's funding involved.
With that many cars apparently involved, it does suggest that there may be one or more customers/owners with their cars being run by TRG, rather than Buckler actually owning all of them himself
Old 1 Dec 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3173881)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
With that many cars apparently involved, it does suggest that there may be one or more customers/owners with their cars being run by TRG, rather than Buckler actually owning all of them himself
I'd have assumed the lower class stuff would just be rent-a-rides like the Porsche Cup cars? Aston will own the cars.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3173910)   #24
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Dubai and Daytona are completely different kinds of 24 hour races.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3173913)   #25
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Dubai and Daytona are completely different kinds of 24 hour races.
Dubai and Spa... similar.

Good news on the OFFICIAL partnership stuff... that means that they will definitely be at Le Mans and perhaps with some extra cars.