Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2020, 00:37 (Ref:3960890)   #51
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Team Sydney are contractually obliged to provide two entries at each Supercars rounds, else pay a penalty $300,000 AUD per round. So having made the commitment it will be cheaper for Tekno Autosports to front up with the entries (which they can probably afford, they just prefer other people to pay for it...).
You can't get blood out of a stone...no money = bankrupt company when the liabilities can't be met & paid for. If the team is an independent entity it could happen but Mr. GTR would be more qualified than me to outline the scenario if it was an option.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 00:48 (Ref:3960893)   #52
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Team Sydney are contractually obliged to provide two entries at each Supercars rounds, else pay a penalty $300,000 AUD per round. So having made the commitment it will be cheaper for Tekno Autosports to front up with the entries (which they can probably afford, they just prefer other people to pay for it...).
Team Sydney are not contractually obliged to do anything, whomever owns each of the two RECs that Team Sydney used at Adelaide are the one’s obliged to front a car at Albert Park

Who owns the two RECs?
Old 2 Mar 2020, 00:55 (Ref:3960895)   #53
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SO whats the issue with Pither then, same as JC ?
Old 2 Mar 2020, 01:45 (Ref:3960897)   #54
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
SO whats the issue with Pither then, same as JC ?
I don't think either of them wanted payment in slabs of "things go better with"
Old 2 Mar 2020, 04:32 (Ref:3960908)   #55
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if it’s as simple as Courtney came on the promise of an up to date 888 car. The lack of an update to the old jigger excused because of a lack of sponsorship, when Courtney’s solved that issue and the updates haven’t come he’s hit the eject button.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 04:35 (Ref:3960910)   #56
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pither staying.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 05:25 (Ref:3960914)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Pither staying.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Mar 2020, 05:53 (Ref:3960917)   #58
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any reference to Pither leaving has been pulled from the AA article, without explanation of any edit
Old 2 Mar 2020, 06:05 (Ref:3960918)   #59
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like team may be on the way out
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...urn-this-year/

After Adelaide, it became pretty evident that it wasn’t going to be honoured, so enough was enough and I had to do what we did.

“I called in a lot of favours to get this to where it was,” Courtney continued.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 06:06 (Ref:3960919)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Mar 2020, 06:12 (Ref:3960920)   #61
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what happens when you try to force a location. Plenty of teams currently survive in plenty of different markets - but NOT Sydney. Was the government money really worth all this?
Old 2 Mar 2020, 06:14 (Ref:3960921)   #62
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tell us what ya really think Pete
Old 2 Mar 2020, 06:24 (Ref:3960925)   #63
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are suggestions Courtney could return even sooner via a wildcard program.
what team could run another car
was talk last year about phil munday wildcard car

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...ter-2019-grid/
Old 2 Mar 2020, 06:30 (Ref:3960927)   #64
Mixer
Veteran

And we just got everyone off shared booms.....
Old 2 Mar 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3960932)   #65
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know when Team Sydney are going to challenge Penske and Triple 8 as exclusively predicted by Webb?
Old 2 Mar 2020, 07:52 (Ref:3960933)   #66
Mixer
Veteran

About 3.50am in the peak of REM sleep.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 07:57 (Ref:3960934)   #67
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
I'm really looking forward to to Team Sydkiwi kicking off midway through the year.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 07:58 (Ref:3960935)   #68
paydirt
Racer

paydirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I don't have an issue with Courtney & Adderton cutting themselves loose from Team Sydney, one wonders why these High-End Businessmen didn't do their due diligence before jumping on board with the Jono Webb. I'm also curious as to questions about the lack of funds within the team. Believe me, the Webb family fortune would make James Packer envious.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3960938)   #69
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed. It's just little Johnny's trainset.

The old man probably doesn't trust him with anything bigger.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3961004)   #70
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OUCH Burnnnnnnn !!!!!!
Old 2 Mar 2020, 15:24 (Ref:3961025)   #71
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Does anyone know when Team Sydney are going to challenge Penske and Triple 8 as exclusively predicted by Webb?
At least Roland and the Captain can rest easy now
Old 2 Mar 2020, 23:32 (Ref:3961121)   #72
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paydirt View Post
While I don't have an issue with Courtney & Adderton cutting themselves loose from Team Sydney, one wonders why these High-End Businessmen didn't do their due diligence before jumping on board with the Jono Webb. I'm also curious as to questions about the lack of funds within the team. Believe me, the Webb family fortune would make James Packer envious.
Courtney allegedly signed a multi-year deal and has said that there's a fairly significant commitment that hasn't been delivered on, on which appears large enough that he's been able to step out of his contract with apparent ease and one which is large enough for him to potentially end his full time career.

Adderton, seems like he was just there to support Courtney. Which is nothing but admirable.

Bingo points anytime Team Sydney by Tekno call themselves a "new" team or suggest that all is under control, they're just waiting for the right time to announce the exciting developments.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 01:36 (Ref:3961128)   #73
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seem's like its all pointing towards the cars performance and the lack of quality parts.

I was under the impression that the cars were going to T8 for upgrades. I guess this didn't happen.

JC is a decent driver, and with a top car could easily be a front runner every time. Webb doesn't like to spend the money, he would rather do it all himself.

Its been like since he setup the team.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 04:09 (Ref:3961142)   #74
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My way or the highway says Pete.

Not surprising G.Rogers said 'no thanks'.

Ol Pete now wants the NSW operation lock, stock & barrel - shame Coch0 is long gone.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 04:13 (Ref:3961143)   #75
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Agreed. It's just little Johnny's trainset.

The old man probably doesn't trust him with anything bigger.
Maybe its simply a business, no toys.