Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 17 Jul 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3918127)   #1
pomracer
Racer

pomracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob Ridgard

I am sorry to report news that Bob Ridgard has died following a long illness.
Bob was well known for his exploits racing a Chevrolet Camaro, then latterly in fabricating seats under his brand name, and of course many forays in historic racing.
I have been informed that his funeral will take place on Tuesday 30th July. Further details to follow but I understand that it will be near his home (Sudbury) and that some form of car cavalcade might be planned.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3918129)   #2
pomracer
Racer

I found this which I had not seen before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZV2s7vEeLg
Old 17 Jul 2019, 11:58 (Ref:3918145)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh that's a shame. We spent a very convivial Show when our stands were adjacent some years back. We dined and drank - mostly drank ISTR - together in the evenings

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jul 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3918150)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sorry to hear that, I raced with Bob a few times in different series over the years and a really smashing unassuming bloke he was. RIP Bob it's a pity that there isn't a few more around that are like you were !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jul 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3918165)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed, I met him through Barry Sideways. Very nice bloke and of course his seats are very comfortable.

RIP Bob.

[Mod]Will move to Tributes[/Mod]
Old 17 Jul 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3918186)   #6
pomracer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomracer View Post
I am sorry to report news that Bob Ridgard has died following a long illness.
Bob was well known for his exploits racing a Chevrolet Camaro, then latterly in fabricating seats under his brand name, and of course many forays in historic racing.
I have been informed that his funeral will take place on Tuesday 30th July. Further details to follow but I understand that it will be near his home (Sudbury) and that some form of car cavalcade might be planned.

I CAN NOW CONFIRM THE FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS:

The following email has been distributed:
. For anyone who would like to come, the funeral will be held at 2pm on the 30th July at West Suffolk Crematorium, Risby, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP28 6RR.
The wake will be from 3.30pm at Bob's house: 23 Ballingdon Street, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 2BT. We would like to celebrate his life with a great send off! We will also be organising a convoy of classic, sports and racing cars to follow the hearse on the 30th July from Sudbury in Suffolk -

I have omitted contact details and telephone numbers, however Lucy and Claire have requested that anyone wishing to bring a car to join the convoy contact them via Facebook.

Alternatively PM me on this forum and i will pass on contact details.
thanks.

Old 23 Jul 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3919063)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Only just seen this - I only met Bob a couple of years ago at a CSCC meet at Silverstone when he was sharing a Dolomite Sprint, that was reasonably quick but which unfortunately expired only a few laps into the race.

I found him a very pleasant chap who was determined to keep racing as long as he could, despite his cancer.

RIP, Bob.