02 Senna
03 Senna
04 Senna
05 Senna
06 Senna
07 Senna
08 Senna
09 Senna

Your analysis seems to be very plausible, except you have me kind of confused for the 09 season. Please let us know which Senna did you mean, Ayrton Senna or his nephew Bruno Senna?
Old 9 Jan 2020, 15:45 (Ref:3950639)   #127
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
Your analysis seems to be very plausible, except you have me kind of confused for the 09 season. Please let us know which Senna did you mean, Ayrton Senna or his nephew Bruno Senna?
Only feintly plausible that anyone named Senna would be WDC after 2000 I would have thought!
Old 9 Jan 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3950645)   #128
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
had his uncle not passed, Bruno may have a very different motorsports/F1 career.
Old 9 Jan 2020, 16:33 (Ref:3950652)   #129
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Indeed, Bruno quit karting after the death of Ayrton after pressure from his mother. There is the famous quote by Ayrton of ‘if you think I’m fast, wait till you see my nephew Bruno’, so he probably would have continued that speed with more karting experience.

He only started racing proper in 04 when he was 20, so he probably would have got into single seater racing earlier had it not been for those lost years
Old 10 Jan 2020, 09:05 (Ref:3950783)   #130
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
the scoring system has changed a few times over the years
how many champions would be different using another years scoring?
Old 10 Jan 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3950815)   #131
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
the scoring system has changed a few times over the years

how many champions would be different using another years scoring?

Doesn’t mean much. The champion will always do the minimum to win the title most of the time. Look at 82. Rosberg settled for 5th in the final round because that’s all he needed. And then there’s 83. Once Prost retired, Piquet gave up his lead and eventually finished 3rd because he wanted to make sure of the title
Old 10 Jan 2020, 15:39 (Ref:3950858)   #132
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sidebar...fun site that with some great graphs and charts. check out the tabs/sections at the top to play around with past seasons, various scoring options, other fun metrics.

https://formula1.markwessel.com/home

i didnt make the site so dont blame me for the day wasted!
Old 14 Jan 2020, 23:14 (Ref:3951650)   #133
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Doesn’t mean much. The champion will always do the minimum to win the title most of the time. Look at 82. Rosberg settled for 5th in the final round because that’s all he needed. And then there’s 83. Once Prost retired, Piquet gave up his lead and eventually finished 3rd because he wanted to make sure of the title
The thing is, more points means people can stay in the hunt in a competitive year (there were more open seasons in the early-mid 80's than today!) Therefore I think drivers are compelled to max out as more is on the line.

The dropped scores thing was always daft and that's the one would've made a difference in several cases.