Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Oct 2018, 03:15 (Ref:3856375)   #1
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DTM 2019

DTM 2019 schedule

May 3-5 – Hockenheim
May 17-19 – Zolder
June 7-9- Misano
July 5-7 – Norisring
July 19-21 – Assen
Aug. 10-11 – Brands Hatch
Aug. 23-25 – Lausitzring
Sept. 13-15 – Nurburgring
Oct. 4-6 – Hockenheim

The rounds at the Hungaroring, Red Bull Ring and Zandvoort were removed from the schedule. The series will instead make its début at the TT Circuit Assen and return to Circuit Zolder for the first time since 2002.

Aston Martin are due to enter the championship, replacing Mercedes-Benz. Aston Martin will enter a car based on the Vantage in partnership with R-Motorsport and HWA Team.

W Racing Team are due to enter the championship as a customer team, fielding two Audi RS5 DTM.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3856405)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So DTM future is secured for the moment. Hope it continues to do well
Old 13 Oct 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3856408)   #3
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkioAsakura95 View Post
Aston Martin are due to enter the championship, replacing Mercedes-Benz. Aston Martin will enter a car based on the Vantage in partnership with R-Motorsport and HWA Team.
Aston Martin has nothing to do with the entry. It has said that R Motorsport can license the Vantage body shape, but that is the extent of AM's involvement.

It is not an Aston Martin entry, there won't be Aston Martin works drivers in the cars. It's not even clear if the cars will be allowed to carry the Aston Martin badge on them.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3856429)   #4
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to what I've heard, Aston Martin supports the team and obviously the cars will carry Aston Martin badge but for the marque WEC programme will remain the most important one. Nevertheless, this will be a customer team but still with a blessing from the manufacturer.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3856531)   #5
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
According to what I've heard, Aston Martin supports the team
That's not the case. Aston Martin Racing has no involvement with this programme. It is purely a licensing deal for the body shape.

Note how there was no quote from Aston Martin in the press release, or how @AMR_official or @AstonMartinPR hasn't tweeted about this (or even retweeted someone else).

Quote:
and obviously the cars will carry Aston Martin badge
Not at all obvious.

Quote:
but for the marque WEC programme will remain the most important one. Nevertheless, this will be a customer team but still with a blessing from the manufacturer.
This is not an Aston Martin customer team.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3856571)   #6
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
That's not the case. Aston Martin Racing has no involvement with this programme. It is purely a licensing deal for the body shape.

Note how there was no quote from Aston Martin in the press release, or how @AMR_official or @AstonMartinPR hasn't tweeted about this (or even retweeted someone else).

Not at all obvious.

This is not an Aston Martin customer team.

It is an Aston Martin customer programme. Exactly, exactly the same as the GT3 programme R Motorsport currently run.

Matt was suggesting Aston Martin support it, in terms of liking the idea, I dont think he is suggesting AM are financially supporting the project in any way. They are not.

What is likely the situation, is that R Motorsport pitched the idea to AM, and based on the quality of the Blancpain programme this year from R, and the quality of the proposed partner in HWA, agreed to offer the license.

From there, they have no involvement other than happily watching the programme from the sidelines. This is actually a great approach for them, if the programme fails they say it was never really AM... If its a success, they say yep thats an Aston Martin, look at the badging.

And heck, maybe if it goes well enough they will add some extra resource to it in the future.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:51 (Ref:3856696)   #7
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Not at all obvious.

Actually, it is. It's required by DTM that all cars be manufacturer supported. The exact minimum amount of support is...less than clear, but it at the very least has to be enough for the badging to be on the car.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 01:35 (Ref:3856748)   #8
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding WRT, I’m interested in who might make the grade to drive here-

Mortara and Juncadella if they don’t have suitable spots elsewhere in Mercedes,

Doubt Werhlein is going to make a seat in F1 so he’ll be looking for something good

Then there’s a whole host of decent options in the GT3 ranks associated with WRT or Audi- Kelvin van Der Linde, Dries Vanthoor, maybe Riberas

It’s be cool to see at least one seat given to a DTM rookie

I’m sure WRT will want at least one experienced hand there too
Old 14 Oct 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3856765)   #9
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
It is an Aston Martin customer programme. Exactly, exactly the same as the GT3 programme R Motorsport currently run.
Not the same at all.
Aston Martin Racing designed and built the GT3 cars and sold them to R Motorsport.

Aston Martin is not doing anything for this DTM programme beyond selling R Motorsport a licence to use the Vantage body shape.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3856766)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Regarding WRT, I’m interested in who might make the grade to drive here-

Mortara and Juncadella if they don’t have suitable spots elsewhere in Mercedes,

Doubt Werhlein is going to make a seat in F1 so he’ll be looking for something good

Then there’s a whole host of decent options in the GT3 ranks associated with WRT or Audi- Kelvin van Der Linde, Dries Vanthoor, maybe Riberas

It’s be cool to see at least one seat given to a DTM rookie

It’s great to see WRT get the chance to run DTM and I’ll be watching with interest but I hope it doesn’t impact too much on their Gt programme.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3856827)   #11
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Not the same at all.
Aston Martin Racing designed and built the GT3 cars and sold them to R Motorsport.

Aston Martin is not doing anything for this DTM programme beyond selling R Motorsport a licence to use the Vantage body shape.

And the Aston Martin name.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 23:24 (Ref:3856851)   #12
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Aston Martin is in, but when in 2019?
Old 15 Oct 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3856898)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
I think it's 2 from the start of the year and then 4 eventually.

So next season could be:

6 Works Audi
6 Works BMW
2 + 2 Aston Martin
2 WRT Audi
2 Rowe BMW

If that all comes off then it's not a bad looking grid.
Old 15 Oct 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3856973)   #14
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
One of the Astons will be for Paul di Resta. I'll tell ya, when you open up that can of dab, it's always fresh.
Old 15 Oct 2018, 19:01 (Ref:3856996)   #15
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Robin Frijns
Old 15 Oct 2018, 20:15 (Ref:3857010)   #16
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Something tells me they'll want to be up and running for Brands Hatch!
Old 15 Oct 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3857032)   #17
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
Robin Frijns
He's running in Formula Milk Float, so whilst both are doable there be calendar clashing. Also as the milk float is Audi I would imagine they might not be overly keen on him running a Merc powered Aston silhouette.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 02:25 (Ref:3857066)   #18
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
He's running in Formula Milk Float, so whilst both are doable there be calendar clashing. Also as the milk float is Audi I would imagine they might not be overly keen on him running a Merc powered Aston silhouette.
Not the Aston, for sure!

Quote:

So who is Frijns' manager?

My guess is that Robin will be driving the WRT DTM car whenever he is available.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3857099)   #19
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Frijns already confirmed in one of FE teams? This could mean he won't be back in DTM, sadly.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3857105)   #20
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Isn't Frijns already confirmed in one of FE teams? This could mean he won't be back in DTM, sadly.
There are no clashes between the DTM 2019 calendar and the Formula E calendar for 18/19. Unlikely to be any clashes either for the Formular E 19/20 calendar..
Old 16 Oct 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3857141)   #21
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frijns already said he hopes to be back.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3857154)   #22
Matt K
Veteran

So that's a good info. Frijns showed some promising pace this year.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 22:18 (Ref:3857186)   #23
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
There are no clashes between the DTM 2019 calendar and the Formula E calendar for 18/19. Unlikely to be any clashes either for the Formular E 19/20 calendar..
So all bets are on then, I was sure there were some conflicting dates but I was wrong.
Old 12 Nov 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3862836)   #24
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A new BMW being tested. New nose to feed turbo and intercoolers, wide rear wing (?), Spengler at wheel.
Old 13 Nov 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3862984)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
A new BMW being tested. New nose to feed turbo and intercoolers, wide rear wing (?), Spengler at wheel.
I saw some of the photos - doesn't look too different really does it? What's important though is what it sounds like - that was a big part of the appeal of DTM - the sheer brutal sound of the V8's was incredible. I hope the turbo engines aren't too quiet.