Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Jul 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3750354)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
If your buddy is in the Jagwar race then he is up against the mighty Delta (XK) and yours truly (4.2 E Type).......
Just hope it rains, that XK is a bit slow.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3750402)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just hope it rains, that XK is a bit slow.
Just not on Friday evening if you please.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3750411)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yes.

Dry would be good for the race as well- first time in the car on 'L's, always less stressful when not raining......

Dry all weekend would be best of all!
Old 16 Jul 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3751706)   #29
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the entry list available online yet?..............Martin
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3751717)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
No. I suspect will be on HSCC site first, but bit far away yet for them...
Old 16 Jul 2017, 15:40 (Ref:3751850)   #31
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And as if by magic, the first lists are out. First up is the Motor Racing Legends:

RAC Woodcote Trophy:

http://www.motorracinglegends.com/wp...ry-list-V1.pdf

Stirling Moss Trophy:

Pre-War Sports Cars:

Old 16 Jul 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3752012)   #32
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice
Old 18 Jul 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3752557)   #33
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick one, its not the full event entry list but the list of people / cars for the Thursday test day has appeared on HSCC for anyone who interested:

https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...Day-Groups.pdf
Old 18 Jul 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3752573)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Competitors and preparers are now receiving the final paperwork, so hopefully the Classic website will have a timetable soon. There is a draft version that can possibly save on a PC and post.....
Old 20 Jul 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3752990)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Robert did you sort your access pass yet? My friend suggest he could have one in excess but I guess it will be the most complicated solution…
Old 20 Jul 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3753011)   #36
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Has anyone seen a Supertouring entry list at all yet?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3753120)   #37
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Robert did you sort your access pass yet? My friend suggest he could have one in excess but I guess it will be the most complicated solution…
No answer as yet Gerard, but I hope to have something sorted soon.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3753121)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
No answer as yet Gerard, but I hope to have something sorted soon.
We've always overcome such adversities before.....
Old 20 Jul 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3753130)   #39
Brynmor
Rookie

Brynmor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is general access allowed on Thursday? I've a couple of customers who've asked me to drop in?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 17:15 (Ref:3753134)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynmor View Post
Is general access allowed on Thursday? I've a couple of customers who've asked me to drop in?
According to all instructions received- Only with a set up or full weekend wristband, plus a set up pass for your vehicle if you're wanting to drive in.

If your customers are racing, maybe they will have a wristband for you?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3753136)   #41
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Just utter a cheery good morning and drive in confidently - it works for me ....
Old 20 Jul 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3753149)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I'll have a look and see if its possible for my friend to rent a Bentayga with some motorcyclists around… Should work too!
Old 20 Jul 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3753192)   #43
Brynmor
Rookie

Brynmor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
According to all instructions received- Only with a set up or full weekend wristband, plus a set up pass for your vehicle if you're wanting to drive in.

If your customers are racing, maybe they will have a wristband for you?
We've tried that but I believe allocations have been a touch 'tight'...no worries and thanks for the advice
Old 20 Jul 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3753193)   #44
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally! The Gemini has moved under its own power for the first time since Teretonga. Currently 3rd reserve and whilst I wouldn't wish bad luck on any fellow competitors......
Old 21 Jul 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3753417)   #45
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Just another one, here's the Masters entry list for the Historic F1 and Historic Sports Cars:

http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...ry%20List.pdf/

Also here's the entry from the HGPCA for the pre-66 GP cars:

http://www.hgpca.net/images/2017_Doc...inals_comp.pdf

If anyone looking for a full time table, check out page 14 on the HGPCA link.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 06:50 (Ref:3753472)   #46
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there live tv coverage for the event?
Old 22 Jul 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3753497)   #47
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just another one, here's the Masters entry list for the Historic F1 and Historic Sports Cars:

http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...ry%20List.pdf/

Also here's the entry from the HGPCA for the pre-66 GP cars:

http://www.hgpca.net/images/2017_Doc...inals_comp.pdf

If anyone looking for a full time table, check out page 14 on the HGPCA link.
Masters entries are impressive, can't wait.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3753498)   #48
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any HSCC entry lists yet? Nothing on the website.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3753547)   #49
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The Masters website mentions a warning about some dimensions of Dunlop's and Avon's tires being not available. I dont know what kind of cars could be impacted.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3753601)   #50
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be warned...I am currently in the middle of a 4 day event at Silverstone and security is much tighter than previous years. I doubt a race car in the back of the truck will enable you to talk your way in