Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 30 Mar 2006, 01:22 (Ref:1564701)   #1
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RSS Anglesey Cancelled

Just got the email.

Shame, was looking forward to speccying.

Were there just not enough enteries?

Oh well, spose it give everyone a chance to finished getting ready for Lydden.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 03:05 (Ref:1564753)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Must admit, not getting good vibes from RSS.

Shame after the Superprix was such a great event. Yes, I know it was a one off, end of season bash as such, but that's the level British RallyX will have to reach to bring the spectators back in big numbers.

Why can't RSS and BRC work together, there's great potential for rallyX in the UK, at long last.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 06:48 (Ref:1564886)   #3
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's going to happen with the tv-slot? I suppose this is a major blowout for them and their sponsors? Cancellations are never good, especially not in this hard time Rallycross has now.
Even though the website says it's postponed to maximise potential
Old 30 Mar 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1564930)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well if it can be re-scheduled for later in the year there's no reason it won't happen - Anglesey seems to be quite a popular track with drivers so getting enough entries shouldn't be too hard should it? Maybe it was just too close to the Lydden meeting?
Old 30 Mar 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1564939)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think the toruble is probably that Anglesey is pretty well booked up for track days and stuff, is a very opoular track or magazine tests and things like that!

Is all good stuff but rightly said about RSS looking a bit strange, no-one wnats to see meetings being cancelled, quite what it does for the tv thing I dont know, I am sure we will find out soon enough
Old 30 Mar 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1564949)   #6
EVO1X
Rookie

Ireland
IRELAND
EVO1X should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would the BRC tv coverage be any thing to do with that ?
Old 30 Mar 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1564977)   #7
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the fact that the opening round of the british championship at lydden is only a few weeks away is more of a factor, people not wanting to risk the cars so close to that event.

It's a shame to see any event cancelled.

Si
Old 30 Mar 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1564993)   #8
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame to see an event cancelled but lets hope there is good turn out for Lydden at Easter and the RSS event at the Spring Bank Holiday.
Lets hope there is no knock on effect for their TV coverage
Old 30 Mar 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1565075)   #9
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Must admit, not getting good vibes from RSS.

Shame after the Superprix was such a great event. Yes, I know it was a one off, end of season bash as such, but that's the level British RallyX will have to reach to bring the spectators back in big numbers.

Why can't RSS and BRC work together, there's great potential for rallyX in the UK, at long last.

Drivers cannot be forced to enter an event and if the organisers aren't getting entries they are not going to risk it running few cars and running at a loss.

Its because of the BRC that the RSS was formed
Old 30 Mar 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1565504)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha you could cut the irony with a knife!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 23:00 (Ref:1565600)   #11
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe
Drivers cannot be forced to enter an event and if the organisers aren't getting entries they are not going to risk it running few cars and running at a loss.

Its because of the BRC that the RSS was formed
And yet its the first round of the BRC the following weekend that is stopping the RSS enteries.

I personally feel the BRC has got better since RSS was formed.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1566181)   #12
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just seen this on the Trac Mon website

"Rallycross Super Series - CANCELLED!

The event organisers issued this statement on 30th March 2006:

Rallycross Promoters Ltd have decided to postpone the K&N Filters Rallycross Masters that was scheduled to take place at Anglesey on Sunday April 9th. The decision has been taken to maximise the potential of the Rallycross Super Series event. Further details about the rescheduling of the event will be available within the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by BertMk2; 31 Mar 2006 at 17:17. Reason: Incorrect details - also edited on Anglesey website!
Old 31 Mar 2006, 15:33 (Ref:1566184)   #13
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The problem is that once you have to cancel events you start to lose credibility. How many competitors are thinking 'well I might as well stick to the BRDA series because I know that will run...'

All credit to them for trying new things but I can't see any benefit in running events in Austria etc. If you're going to do overseas events why not France, Belgium and Holland?
Old 31 Mar 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1566247)   #14
M.Lowe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
And yet its the first round of the BRC the following weekend that is stopping the RSS enteries.

I personally feel the BRC has got better since RSS was formed.
Maybe the BRC are finally listening to the drivers as they sure as hell weren't when the RSS first announced it was going to start up.

Because one event is cancelled people jump on the bandwagon and have a go and put the series down.

If the BRC hadn't been so greedy in the past then the RSS would of never have formed in my oppinion.

It seems funny that some drivers that stay away and wont do the series still come and do the Rallycross Grand Prix or Super Prix (which is organised by the same people) as it is now after Darlington and District Motorclub did all the hard work in getting it off the ground again then the MSA want to take over get all the glory.

Hypocrites spring to mind here
Old 31 Mar 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1566269)   #15
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always think it is a shame when any event gets cancelled and i really hope no one who really loves rallycross is sniggering at this. The superprix was a fantastic event and i really hope will be again this year but expecting the same on a regular basis is surely to much to expect. I really hope the Lydden event on May 29th gets a good entry, maybe we will even see some of the many french competitors come across and have some fun. Anyway i shall be there whatever the entry as i always feel any rallycross is better than no rallycross.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1566284)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Maybe the BRC are finally listening to the drivers as they sure as hell weren't when the RSS first announced it was going to start up.
I'd agree with that - they've realised that they've got to up their game.

Quote:
Because one event is cancelled people jump on the bandwagon and have a go and put the series down.
I'd disagree here - most people on here seem to be of the opinion that it's a shame Anglesey has been cancelled (both competitors and spectators)

Quote:
It seems funny that some drivers that stay away and wont do the series still come and do the Rallycross Grand Prix or Super Prix (which is organised by the same people).
Maybe these drivers are up for an end of season thrash as they don't need the cars for a championship round soon after?

I really don't believe that people want either the RSS or BRC to fail - everyone on here is a rallycross fan and surely it's a case of the 'more the merrier'?
Old 31 Mar 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1566291)   #17
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope noone takes any pleasure in this. Its just frustrating that despite everything both organisers continue to compete, organising meetings close together and attempting to 'bash each others brains out'. Its not what competitors want, its not what fans want... but how many times have we said this?

People always moan about the MSA but sometimes I think there's an argument for having one body to regulate the whole calendar to stop this sort of thing happening. The FA, the British Horseracing Board, the RFU and most other sports all have carefully planned fixture lists and force the various interests (clubs, organisers, international federations) to resolve their disputes in private.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1566380)   #18
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
If that was directed at me Mark, we have attended a RSS round other than the superprix, and I intend to do more this year.

When your buget is tight you do what you can, an at the moment thats the BTRDA / BRDA. Thats because you get a championship, normally good enteries, the top people are racing there in each class so its a good spectate as well as the driving, and the deciding factor at the moment im afriad down to enter fees and my buget.

We aren't going for this which is best thing again!!

I dont like seeing RSS or BRDA have any problems, like Bert says I think most of us have rallycross at heart!
Old 31 Mar 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1566429)   #19
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a great shame that Anglesey has been cancelled, but to be honest it's no great surprise. It had two things going against it, its the week before the BRDA opener, and the distance to travel for most competitors. Meetings at circuits far away from the main competitor bases will always have less entrys, look at the BRDA meetings at Pembrey, Knockhill and Anglesey last year.
I expect the next RSS meeting will have a bumper entry, it's at Lydden and there's no fixture clash.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1566437)   #20
M.Lowe
Veteran

Where in my posts was it directed at you Hal? it wasnt. I quoted what you said and answered that.

The other post I made about people doing one and not the other was directed at those that simply do that.

If you aren't one of them then its not directed at you is it?

I beleive it or not want to see both do well but there are people that have a go for whatever reason they have.

The BRC is a good championship which is made by the drivers but it said something when drivers where not happy the way it was being run, so the RSS was formed to try and take away the badness that drivers felt.

You cannot guarantee successfull runnings in any championship so lets see how this year works out before anymore views / arguments about events being cancelled as it is only just starting and the championships havent really got into it yet
Old 31 Mar 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1566441)   #21
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although theres alot of rallycross politics between the two organisations on the whole from what Ive heard and seen there very much on talking terms. A bit of healthy competition has done wonders for the sport that I would say was on the slight decline before the RSS was formed. Although my allegiance is with the RSS for there efforts to get European drivers on our shores again, I will still attend BRDA events.
Old 1 Apr 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1566850)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think the problem here si that the calendar with two championships is a bit more tightly packed and you have to try and get events when you wnat them rather than when the circuit can fit them in.
It is clear that Anglesey was in the position to only go Wales then and thay have suffered as a result of that.
It is maybe not their fault as the tracks are busy all the time.

However the split of entries does highlihgt a bigger problem and that is the lack of cars to cover two series.
We saw from Round 1 a distinct lack of cars and there was nothing else on. OK the weather was rubbish but no one knew that before they went.

I just ask "you may have a few European drivers but when the other series can have 100 car entries what do you want". For me a balance would be nice but we seem unable to get to that right now.

Having the rounds in Euope is a good idea but realistically how many STock Hatch or Mini guys are gonna go over there! It is clear the series is based around a few drivers wishes and the organisers intent to race in Europe. THat is fine, but you cannt expect as much support from the clubbie drivers unless thay have the budget to do a round, or the round falls on a weekend when they are free.
Most rallycross drivers in the UK will still emphsise their effort on the officially recognised series