Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 Oct 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1742213)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Premat at Rocketsports for Mexico City?

Quote:
CHAMPCAR : PRÉMAT À MEXICO ? – Alexandre Prémat pourrait disputer la dernière course des ChampCar World Series 2006, le 12 novembre, Ã*Mexico. Il est actuellement en discussion avec l’équipe Rocketsports de Paul Gentilozzi et devrait être fixé lundi ou mardi prochain, juste après l’épreuve australienne de Surfers Paradise, où le Brésilien Antonio Pizzonia tiendra le volant de la Lola-Cosworth qu’il a bon espoir de piloter Ã* son tour trois semaines plus tard. « Si ce projet se concrétisait, précisait hier Prémat, je pourrais même faire une journée d’essais avant d’aller Ã* Mexico, afin de m’habituer Ã* la voiture, et cela se ferait alors sans doute Ã* Sebring. » À imaginer que Prémat participe effectivement Ã* la grande finale mexicaine du ChampCar, il rejoindrait alors Sébastien Bourdais et Nelson Philippe pour porter Ã* trois le nombre de pilotes français au départ.
l'equipe 18 oct
Credit to patt98fr from CCF for the translation of course ::

Quote:
Alexandre Prémat could dispute the last race of ChampCar World Series 2006, November 12, at Mexico. He is currently under discussion with the Rocketsports team of Paul Gentilozzi and should be fixed Monday or next Tuesday, just after the Australian test Paradise Surfers, where the Brazilian Antonio Pizzonia will hold the wheel of Lola-Cosworth whom he has good hope to control in his turn three weeks later "If this project were concretized, specified yesterday Prémat, I could even make a day of tests before going to Mexico City, in order to accustom me to the car, and that would then be made undoubtedly in Sebring." imagine that Prémat takes part indeed in the great Mexican final of ChampCar, he would join then Sebastien Bourdais and Nelson Philippe for French pilots at the beginning.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1742232)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good move for Premat and Rocketsports. Although probably not Formula One class, Alex is a useful enough driver. A one-off now would help him decide whether ChampCar is for him for 2007, and make it easier for him to attract sponsors.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1742420)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Premat would be a good addition to Champcar, he has had 2 good seasons in GP2 but has really failed to shine, particularly this year where he was put into the shade by rookie team mate Hamilton. Still, he got some good results, but then he was with the best team in GP2 so perhaps he should have done. Hes not in Hamilton's class but he is still a very quick driver. IMO.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1742504)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
so he would replace Pizzonia then ???

I thought Antonio was secured for the remainder of the year ?

Oh well , Im not huge on Premat , but good luck to him if he gets the drive
Old 19 Oct 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1742507)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Premat is a very good driver, as good as Pizzonia though? Im not sure, Premat has yet to prove himself at a really senior level other than GP2. Pizzonia on the other hand has at least got some good results in F1 in the past, if I were Paul Gentilozzi I would stick with Pizzonia. At least for the remainder of the 2006 season.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 23:31 (Ref:1742555)   #6
haddock
Rookie

haddock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, lets face it, if Gentilozzi's prime concern was talent he would never have been running Pastorelli or Kasemets this year. I expect he's just looking for anyone who can pay to keep the show on the road.

I wonder if Premat had to hand over cash to get his friday test with Midland/Spyker?

He'd be a good addition to Champ Car. It'd be nice to see some of the GP2 guys who didn't quite make the grade come over - I reckon Adam Carroll is exactly the kind of guy who'd be quick in a Champ Car - especially if he had an experienced team mate prepared to help set the thing up for him first.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 00:39 (Ref:1742593)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddock
Ah, lets face it, if Gentilozzi's prime concern was talent he would never have been running Pastorelli or Kasemets this year. I expect he's just looking for anyone who can pay to keep the show on the road
You are probably right, still at least he is looking at talented drivers with budgets now it would seem, rather than just drivers with budgets.

Quote:
I wonder if Premat had to hand over cash to get his friday test with Midland/Spyker?
Hard to say, probably though. The thing is Premat has the potential to be more than just a pay driver in F1, if he was ever to be given the right equipment and team. Hes no superstar but he could do a decent job in F1, no worse than people like Verstappen anyway. IMO.

Quote:
He'd be a good addition to Champ Car. It'd be nice to see some of the GP2 guys who didn't quite make the grade come over - I reckon Adam Carroll is exactly the kind of guy who'd be quick in a Champ Car - especially if he had an experienced team mate prepared to help set the thing up for him first.
A lot of the drivers who dont quite make it into F1 are actually good enough but unfortunatly they may not have the budget required to secure a race drive which is why we never see them in the F1 arena. Drivers like Carroll and Glock are probably fast enough for F1 but just lack the budget required. Speaking of which id not be suprised to see Glock back in Champcar in 2008 unless something unexpected happens next year in GP2 for him and he manages to secure a ride in F1.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1745063)   #8
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Rocketsports like to see Pizzonia in the car, but he has now three races in Champcars. What is actually limit for rookie? Is it so that if he doesn't drive in Mexico City, he is still a rookie next year? If he is then it could be understandable that he will not drive.

For Premat it could be good move to go Champcars. After two years in GP2 and both years shadowed by series champion, probably it isn't good to stay there anymore. And probably he isn't good enough for F1 either, at least to race driver.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1746740)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think two races is the limit, so Pizzonia won't be a rookie next year whatever happens.