Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 2023, 12:51 (Ref:4140718)   #751
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how many people there are out there who have always camped in a private site away from the circuit or used a hotel who bought their tickets on arrival and so are blissfully unaware of the situation!

A couple of guys I know would have been in that situation had I not told them of the chaos.

Will there be tickets to buy "on the day" so to speak?
Old 20 Jan 2023, 13:44 (Ref:4140724)   #752
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, quite a few I suspect. The guys I used to go with always bought their entry tickets on arrival and only lucked in as I got their GS tickets from 1st Tickets for them and now of course you have to by a GE ticket at the same time. Otherwise they'd be stuffed now.

As to tickets on the day, all indications are that there won't be any, but I just wonder how many locals know that and if the ACO will hold some back for them?
Old 20 Jan 2023, 14:12 (Ref:4140725)   #753
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I wonder how many people there are out there who have always camped in a private site away from the circuit or used a hotel who bought their tickets on arrival and so are blissfully unaware of the situation!

A couple of guys I know would have been in that situation had I not told them of the chaos.

A chilling thought. I always camp off-site and always used to buy my entry ticket on arrival. It's only in the last couple of years I have started buying in advance and only then to spread the cost over a few months.
Old 20 Jan 2023, 14:19 (Ref:4140729)   #754
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I suspect a lot of the locals would use this approach. I wonder what ACO will do for the local population?
Old 20 Jan 2023, 14:35 (Ref:4140731)   #755
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I wonder what ACO will do for the local population?
Knowing that roughly fifty per cent are employees and twenty others are ex employees, if they dont want to be fired they've better put a sock in it!
Old 20 Jan 2023, 19:47 (Ref:4140781)   #756
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, there have been mentions elsewhere of near-riots at the entrances and climbing over fences if there are no tickets on the gate. There's also the question of where they'll park as well.... (if they don't tram in).
Old 24 Jan 2023, 22:23 (Ref:4141120)   #757
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I suspect a lot of the locals would use this approach. I wonder what ACO will do for the local population?
nothing!
Old 25 Jan 2023, 11:41 (Ref:4141164)   #758
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is there no word on this then locally Eric? Are the local people aware of the ticket situation?
Old 25 Jan 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4141181)   #759
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is there no word on this then locally Eric? Are the local people aware of the ticket situation?
Surely the ACO's "historic" "great job" with ticketing this year would have made it into the local press?
Old 25 Jan 2023, 14:08 (Ref:4141182)   #760
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You'd have thought so and you'd think that 'locals' who have always bought on the gate in the past would be kicking up a stink about it by now....
Old 25 Jan 2023, 15:26 (Ref:4141193)   #761
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
You'd have thought so and you'd think that 'locals' who have always bought on the gate in the past would be kicking up a stink about it by now....
Or gone on strike!
Old 25 Jan 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4141196)   #762
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can only see part of this article, but.....

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/24...T4PpMqqubwuD_g

Is anyone over in France a subscriber?
Old 25 Jan 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4141198)   #763
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The french will be french and just shrug thier shoulders at any mention of restrictions and expect everything to be as normal in June.
Old 27 Jan 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4141430)   #764
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Or gone on strike!
Old 30 Jan 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4142217)   #765
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...f-le-mans.html

So, 300k of us expected for race weekend, gonna be busy!
Old 30 Jan 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4142241)   #766
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wowser!
Old 30 Jan 2023, 18:13 (Ref:4142247)   #767
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
300K people? What would be a normal crowd for LM?

The combination of this being the 100-year anniversary and the new cars has sure created a buzz.

Record crowd at Daytona this year as well. Hopefully this will spawn a new age in Sports Car racing.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4142248)   #768
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post

The combination of this being the 100-year anniversary and the new cars has sure created a buzz.

Record crowd at Daytona this year as well. Hopefully this will spawn a new age in Sports Car racing.
C250k I think for LM. How many were at Daytona ?
Old 30 Jan 2023, 18:23 (Ref:4142250)   #769
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post

Around 225k I think is what they have been claiming lately apart from Covid restricted years of course
Old 30 Jan 2023, 18:37 (Ref:4142254)   #770
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aside from ticketing chaos I imagine there will be a few compromises for regulars over the next couple of editions. Hopefully it'll all be worth it and the ACO don't mess anything up too badly on the ground.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 18:51 (Ref:4142255)   #771
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, an additional 50K+ with less camping areas. Sounds like a major fiasco to me.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 09:13 (Ref:4142286)   #772
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Big crowds Saturday noon til 5 or 6 pm. Our GS is normally packed anyway. Moving around to GS and for beers and toilets behind main GS strip will be slower but can’t be that much busier. Away from GSs now crowds out past Dunlop.

Camping impact mainly driving in and out on Friday (and Thursday?) under track by Porsche curves.

If driving in on Saturday could be fun as locals will park anywhere and everywhere. If tickets on sale at gate hopefully locals will arrive early too and tickets won’t be unlimited.

Lots of corporate tickets shouldn’t impact crowds too much and walking in from campsite normal and hopefully easier for buses and shuttles inside track.

We can’t moan about camping and ticket shortages and overcrowding at the same time can we

Looking forward to packed crowd, good weather not too hot and a great race.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 11:09 (Ref:4142293)   #773
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm concerned about getting out to Arnage late on Saturday night. It was a nightmare last year and I won't be parked in such a convenient place.....
Old 31 Jan 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4142298)   #774
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
I'm concerned about getting out to Arnage late on Saturday night. It was a nightmare last year and I won't be parked in such a convenient place.....
Agreed on that. Not having parking tickets for Arnage/Mulsanne is a real drag.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 13:23 (Ref:4142302)   #775
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have them..... My concern is getting there.