Old 29 Aug 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4124148)   #1
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Andy 308GTB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch Pit Access

Hi,
I am looking to attend the British GT's in a couple of weekends time.

It's been a number of years (probably 5) since I last went to Brands but walking through the tunnel into the back of the pits, looking into the garages, seeing the cars assemble for the race etc., watching the cars along the Cooper Straight used to be one of the best bits for me.

Is this access still possible? If it isn't, it will be a real shame.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 10:15 (Ref:4125093)   #2
J11MSX
Rookie

J11MSX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Andy
There is pit walk about scheduled for 09:05-09:45 on Sunday morning. This will give you access to the pit lane, back/front of the garages etc. I don't know if you can select it as an extra with your ticket price or it is just turn up at the time. You will of course be expected to vacate this area ready for race starts.

I hope this helps and you have a great day. Fingers crossed the weather will be kind to all of us stood out on the bank, now that it looks like summer may be finally over.

Thanks
Jim Brands & Lydden Hill Track Marshal
Old 11 Sep 2022, 07:59 (Ref:4125621)   #3
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by J11MSX View Post
Hi Andy
There is pit walk about scheduled for 09:05-09:45 on Sunday morning. This will give you access to the pit lane, back/front of the garages etc. I don't know if you can select it as an extra with your ticket price or it is just turn up at the time. You will of course be expected to vacate this area ready for race starts.

I hope this helps and you have a great day. Fingers crossed the weather will be kind to all of us stood out on the bank, now that it looks like summer may be finally over.

Thanks
Jim Brands & Lydden Hill Track Marshal
Thanks for the reply Jim.
'Pit lane walkabout' reeks of Silverstone and F1! I gave up on Silverstone many years ago because it was ****poor as a spectator.
I used to be a regular at Brands 5 or so years ago and it was possible to simply walk through the tunnel and wander around the pits at any time.

As I said previously, I understand why these restrictions are put in place but it does diminish the experience for me. I will be going today but the whole family will be accompanying me, so I doubt I'll get a chance to nose around the pits, even if access was allowed!

All the best!
Old 11 Sep 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4125634)   #4
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a normal club level meeting, spectators can walk to the infield area - through either the road tunnel or the pedestrian tunnel.

Not sure if these are restricted on a British GT weekend.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 07:16 (Ref:4125792)   #5
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
On a normal club level meeting, spectators can walk to the infield area - through either the road tunnel or the pedestrian tunnel.

Not sure if these are restricted on a British GT weekend.

Thanks.

Because I had the family in tow I didn't try to gain access to the pits. But it didn't look as though it was restricted.

It was the same guy as ever on the gate to the road tunnel. He's been at that post for years! Grey beard and wears a faded beige baseball cap with the sides that hang down side and back. I now regret not going over and talking to him.

The spectator areas have been really well looked after.
It's a shame that the area past Dingle Dell is now blocked off to spectators (I appreciate a car ended up there a few years ago).