Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 7 Mar 2003, 00:34 (Ref:527177)   #1
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Low Ticket Sales!

With 17 days left until the next race, only 31 percent of the tickets have been sold for the race in Monterrey, Mexico.
http://www.champweb.net/
Old 7 Mar 2003, 00:44 (Ref:527183)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, that's not good.

Maybe the Mexicans are PO'd over Peraltada?
Old 7 Mar 2003, 00:46 (Ref:527185)   #3
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Others have said it is normal, same as last year.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 00:58 (Ref:527193)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope so!
Old 7 Mar 2003, 01:18 (Ref:527207)   #5
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
With all the Mexicans they have in the series, you would think all the tickets would be sold out, by now.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 01:21 (Ref:527209)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol...only a few months ago they were saying they were ahead of schedule.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 7 Mar 2003, 01:48 (Ref:527223)   #7
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

Acqua Communications, the young communications and marketing agency headquartered in Miami, began 2003 with four new accounts. Amongst them are renowned companies like the leading automobile importer Volkswagen Interamericana, and 3Com, a pioneer in the technology industry. The agency will also manage public relations and branding for Aleida, a caricature developed by Vladdo; and for Sculptors of Space, an interior design group. Acqua Communications has also expanded its role with AmericaEconomia magazine, heading its marketing department in addition to its ongoing PR campaign.
In just eight months of operation, Acqua Communications has secured 13 clients, with a portfolio which includes Audi Interamericana, Beber Silverstein Americas, and CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams).
"The support and trust that these companies have placed in Acqua Communications not only thrills us, but proves that there is a need in the market for the boutique agencies type," said Priscilla Colon, President and COO of Acqua Communications. "Our rapid growth is the result of a professional team dedicated and committed to achieve our clients' objectives," added Colon.
Acqua Communications is an agency devoted to designing Communications and branding strategies, while offering services to position companies, products, and individuals in Latin America and the US Hispanic market.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 02:23 (Ref:527243)   #8
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As-de-mim , your talent for laying hands on information is becoming legend. I'm impressed.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 02:31 (Ref:527247)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're waiting to see if the prices will go down.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 06:46 (Ref:527426)   #10
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I have one comment to make and one question to ask. (1) The economy around the world is getting worse and low ticket sales in Mexico may be a reflection of that. Maybe? (2) I agree with Snout, where do you get all your information As-de-mim? Is it top secret? I am very impressed, but a little jealous.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 06:51 (Ref:527429)   #11
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

Actually, they want to make sure they are stocked up on tequila before they get their tickets.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 07:16 (Ref:527444)   #12
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
For me, it is beer. Being Canadian, you have to be stocked up with beer before you can get those Toronto Molson Indy Tickets.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 08:43 (Ref:527485)   #13
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
What are the vantage points like with a GA ticket in Toronto? I may not be able to afford grandstand, just GA and paddock.

And beer.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 15:27 (Ref:527854)   #14
TheRob
Rookie

Canada
Kamloops, BC
TheRob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm............beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer........aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh..........
Old 7 Mar 2003, 15:36 (Ref:527867)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
macdaddy, they're a number of great GA spots around the Toronto track (most with fence, so not a ton of great photospots), but just for viewing there are some great places. PM me for the gory details.

Drinking the beer "Molson Canadian" is just wrong though...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 7 Mar 2003, 19:17 (Ref:528023)   #16
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn you Mexicans! You were/are the best new thing about CART.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 16:37 (Ref:530253)   #17
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

Champ Car's advance pace-car program, called ‘Fast Lap', is a key part of the series' success in drawing crowds that are unmatched in open-wheel racing. The Fast Lap program, which goes into race markets weeks before the 750hp Champ Cars bring the racing to town, carries some of the tricked-out pace cars to race tracks where the professional female racers that pace every Champ Car session give the local media, sponsors, political heavies and some lucky fans a chance to ride along at breath-taking speeds.

This week saw CART's traveling road show head South of the Border to Monterrey, Mexico where the ladies of the Fast Lap squad teamed up with some of the native Champ Car drivers to drum up excitement for the March 21-23 Tecate/Telmex Grand Prix at Fundidora Park.

With the strong support of the local race promoters, Friday and Saturday's pace-car sessions drew perhaps the biggest crowds of any advance program that the series has ever done. Pace Car Team drivers Stacy Kuhn, Shauna Marinus and Linda Pobst led a crew that gave nearly 400 rides to appreciative racegoers.

The ladies – all of which have competed in professional racing series throughout the country – were joined by Champ Car drivers Michel Jourdain Jr. and Roberto Gonzalez along with Toyota Atlantic competitor Eduardo Figueroa and Barber Dodge driver Memo Rojas. Jourdain drove only on Friday, when his passengers included the Governor of the State of Nueva Leon Fernando Elizando.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...le.asp?ID=5578
Old 18 Mar 2003, 05:35 (Ref:539794)   #18
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With six days to go, they are reporting that ticket sales have now reached over 41,000. That's more like it. I'll be curious to see how many tickets are sold the rest of the week and on race day. The PR for this race seems to be right on the money.

Old 19 Mar 2003, 13:55 (Ref:541169)   #19
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to be, Tailwind. It's a touch of irony. Joe Heitzler, Forsythe's guy in Mexico, is putting butts in the seats, just what Pook needs, while he and Pook are suing each other.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 14:30 (Ref:541202)   #20
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So how full does 41000 represent? Sounds like a very good figure for a road course.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 16:08 (Ref:541259)   #21
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think they said it has 56,000 seats.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 18:29 (Ref:541405)   #22
Joey Jo Jo
Rookie

Joey Jo Jo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Joe Heitzler, Forsythe's guy in Mexico, is putting butts in the seats," What is that about? he works for Forsythe now?
Old 19 Mar 2003, 23:41 (Ref:541707)   #23
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But weren't we told that when the series went south at the end of last season that they had to sardine everyone to that track? 41K sounds pretty low considering the available market etc
Old 20 Mar 2003, 00:44 (Ref:541744)   #24
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is 41K just seats sold or does that count general entry tickets ? Have a feeling from a few weeks back that it's just seats counted, not general entry.
Old 20 Mar 2003, 02:04 (Ref:541779)   #25
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Snout. The article I read didn't go into specifics. Like so many things you read, it gave just enough information to tease me and then leave me with more unanswered questions.