Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 30 Mar 2008, 00:21 (Ref:2164873)   #1
lnin0
Rookie

lnin0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and the point of HD?

I guess is so ESPN2 can show one little screen of the race and one of Dan Weldons car and the rest of the screen taken up by a big ESPN border. Great way to start the season - watching picture in a picture on my wide screen HD set. Why to go ESPN DOUCHES

Last edited by paul-collins; 31 Mar 2008 at 14:14.
Old 30 Mar 2008, 01:33 (Ref:2164912)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What ESPN are you watching, its full wide screen here in 720p. Sometimes they show two pictures on the screen when talking about a particular driver but they have always done that.
Old 30 Mar 2008, 06:30 (Ref:2164973)   #3
lnin0
Rookie

lnin0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wrote this as they dropped the flag. Apparently you weren't watching the first five minutes of the race?

Picture in picture for the first dozen laps with Weldon's in car camera in the second screen. Then it flipped to a HD shot for about 5 seconds and then went to this four way picture. Then finally full screen. Not how I would imagine starting a season if I was producing.

I was thinking something more along the lines of the roar of cars and full screen images of the race. Boogity boogity boogity turn it up and all that crap. Instead we are treated to what looked like a commercial break for the start of the season.

Oh well, I will give them kudos for not flocking showing Danica all race long. Most of the IRL races I flipped over last year were nothing but the Danica show - she could be in 12th place and they would be talking about her.
Old 30 Mar 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2165104)   #4
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, on TSN HD, you don't get the "side-by-side" during the commercials?
Old 30 Mar 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2165292)   #5
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0

I was thinking something more along the lines of the roar of cars and full screen images of the race. Boogity boogity boogity turn it up and all that crap. Instead we are treated to what looked like a commercial break for the start of the season.
Well, the start was so bad I don't think they could have gotten all the cars in one shot. They should send the drivers to a school that teaches them how to start a race, haha.
Old 30 Mar 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2165447)   #6
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
Also, on TSN HD, you don't get the "side-by-side" during the commercials?
Same here with TSN in BC. Had to resort to 'old style TSN' to watch side by side - surely HD is the perfect media for side by side.