Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 18 Apr 2009, 06:29 (Ref:2443526)   #26
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, I hate this! IMO the #62 should be struck from the GT-2 pole winning position as they failed tech after Qing for a ride height violation and will start from the back, but it would move my pick into that position. So I am taking a straw poll on whether or not to DQ Risi's pole run!

L.P.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2443555)   #27
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, even though I picked the #62 car for pole, I think we need to be fair on this. That said, we hardly knew they were going to run illegally... maybe full points for both cars to save any arguments?

Last edited by TheNewBob; 18 Apr 2009 at 08:06. Reason: Had a bright idea... I think!
Old 18 Apr 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2443564)   #28
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got neither but i think as the car ran illegally and therefore was removed from the qualifying results it should be from these aswell
Old 18 Apr 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2443786)   #29
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.imsaracing.net/2009/event...ng%20Beach.pdf

Qualifying result stays unchanged if one looks at the IMSA results...the car is just moved to the back for the race
Old 18 Apr 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2443789)   #30
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
I've got neither but i think as the car ran illegally and therefore was removed from the qualifying results it should be from these aswell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

Qualifying result stays unchanged if one looks at the IMSA results...the car is just moved to the back for the race
As the qualifying results haven't been changed then the results shouldn't be changed.
I just presumed they would be removed from the qualifying results as they would be in the series i'm used to
Old 18 Apr 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2443903)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Violation is a violation , regardless of why , what or who is responsible .
Old 18 Apr 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2444032)   #32
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well even in the teams own press release they call it a DQ for qualifying. Here

L.P.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2444041)   #33
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
As the qualifying results haven't been changed then the results shouldn't be changed.
I just presumed they would be removed from the qualifying results as they would be in the series i'm used to
I will accept what the majority decides. I think because the car was not legal it should be excluded. They are my favourite team but don't look at who I picked for pole. Heck, you can win a 24 hr Grand Am race 14 lbs underweight and not be excluded.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2444042)   #34
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Hmm, even though I picked the #62 car for pole, I think we need to be fair on this. That said, we hardly knew they were going to run illegally... maybe full points for both cars to save any arguments?
I'd go for this.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2444056)   #35
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , the car didnt get pole as its time was disqualified . It was an illegal time set with an illegal car , so its out the window as far as im concerned .
Old 18 Apr 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2444074)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

DSC's qualifying results show the Risi car as last on the grid with times disallowed . So thats the Farnbacher/Loles car on pole in my book .
Old 18 Apr 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2444090)   #37
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
DSC's qualifying results show the Risi car as last on the grid with times disallowed . So thats the Farnbacher/Loles car on pole in my book .
That sounds pretty fair. I'd pondered the possibility of more people here disagreeing because they'd be getting punished for Risi's error, and I can understand how some may be a little disgruntled with that. But its the final results which count afterall, and those final results have #62 at the back of the grid.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2444091)   #38
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
**** I missed this

Well can't be worse than Round 2 where I didn't miss it and still got 0!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2444910)   #39
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys...DSC could be putting them with times disallowed, official IMSA papers (both qualifying result and final grid) show them with their fastest time

Perhaps we should also give Patrón Highcroft Racing the win as IMSA made a mistake and that cost them victory
Old 19 Apr 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2444945)   #40
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Guys...DSC could be putting them with times disallowed, official IMSA papers (both qualifying result and final grid) show them with their fastest time

Perhaps we should also give Patrón Highcroft Racing the win as IMSA made a mistake and that cost them victory
The results are provisional until the protest is resolved! Both IMSA and ALMS sites are still provisional results. So don't laugh to hard yet!!

L.P.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2445921)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

Where are they posted horny ?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 02:16 (Ref:2445987)   #42
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
IMSA You will notice that no final race results are posted at this page yet.

ALMS They have posted the final race results but:
Quote:
†Results for P1 are provisional pending outcome of appeal.
as noted on the scoring sheet!

L.P.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 18:02 (Ref:2446462)   #43
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the updated points standings?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2446656)   #44
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
What are the updated points standings?
Hmm, refer to the post before yours (#42).

L.P.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 15:53 (Ref:2447927)   #45
The Badger
Veteran

I ment the competition points standings smartass !!!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2448308)   #46
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Me too!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2448311)   #47
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Have either of you seen an official non-provisional final race results yet? I haven't! The protest represents a full 1/3 of the rounds points. They are usually resolved fairly quickly!

L.P.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2448615)   #48
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I think since the (race) points aren't finalized yet, then the (competition) points can't be finalized either.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2448849)   #49
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Well this is what I have come up with, de Ferran is winner in P-1 and Farnbacher-Loles was the GT-2 pole sitter. On the pole situation:
Quote:
Unless the penalty says "Time Disallowed" they keep their time. Because they are moved to the back of the grid, they are no longer considered the pole sitter, further they are not eligible for awards such as lap records. So yes, the 87 car became the class pole sitter, being the car furthest up in the grid in the GT2 class.

L.P.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2448894)   #50
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
I agree with the above post. Also, the results appear final now.