Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Oct 2020, 09:42 (Ref:4010569)   #251
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Oliphant has done a solid job. From flashes of form last season, he's improved on his consistency and capped that off with a brilliant win. His form has meant he's still mathematically in with a chance of the title. Not that it's likely he will win it though
Old 14 Oct 2020, 10:35 (Ref:4010589)   #252
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Oliphant just isn't THAT good. Certainly that car would be up somewhere near Colin's tail if it were piloted by, say, AJ, JP, Sonic, Cookie and several others I reckon.
Was I not the only one to see AJ regularly outperform Turkington last year, rather than be his wingman? After all, he came from a null and void Donington weekend to two points off the title, overtook Turks on the road at Thruxton, etc...

...as for Oliphant, I think he's come on and is a handy driver, but I do feel he perhaps lacks the experience to act as a wingman for Turkington. Agree he had to make Sutton work more, but then again you'd expect the experience of Neal to be worth something and Sutton still brilliantly found a way by at the hairpin.
Old 14 Oct 2020, 17:03 (Ref:4010671)   #253
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Was I not the only one to see AJ regularly outperform Turkington last year, rather than be his wingman?
AJ is more than capable of beating CT in the same equipment. His talent I do not doubt at all.
Old 14 Oct 2020, 17:08 (Ref:4010673)   #254
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seeing Tingram get that win after being sent to the back in R1 was exactly what he needed, capitalising on Ash and Colin hitting trouble and it means we are nicely poised for a great title fight. Just a shame Butcher wasn’t able to also get back up there, especially after all the hard work the boys put in to get the car back out there

And how unlucky has Crees been? Since he got that puncture in R3 at Thruxton, his luck has not improved, if anything it’s gone down
Old 14 Oct 2020, 17:45 (Ref:4010683)   #255
Car 7
Rookie

Car 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR18 View Post
Someone who hasn't been talked about is Oliphant. In my opinion, he isn't really a help to Colin. Especially what he did in R3 said everything. If your team mate is fighting for the championship, you must not allow his rival to pass you.
I thought about what you said as I have been impressed with Oliphant this year so I decided to do some digging on TSL. Most drivers jump out of Suttons way but some don't so I looked at who had held him up the most (not counting safety laps) and the results are interesting.

Oliphant - 44 laps
Turkington - 36 laps
Ingram - 24 laps
Neal - 22 laps
Morgan/Chilton/Butcher - 19 laps

Not sure your comment is fair!
Old 14 Oct 2020, 18:11 (Ref:4010689)   #256
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car 7 View Post
I thought about what you said as I have been impressed with Oliphant this year so I decided to do some digging on TSL. Most drivers jump out of Suttons way but some don't so I looked at who had held him up the most (not counting safety laps) and the results are interesting.

Oliphant - 44 laps
Turkington - 36 laps
Ingram - 24 laps
Neal - 22 laps

Bloody hell that's some good statisticing. Crmalcolm you have competition. 😉
Old 15 Oct 2020, 09:33 (Ref:4010794)   #257
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car 7 View Post

Oliphant - 44 laps
Turkington - 36 laps
Ingram - 24 laps
Neal - 22 laps

How many of those laps are from Brands race 3?
Old 15 Oct 2020, 11:17 (Ref:4010801)   #258
Car 7
Rookie

Car 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
How many of those laps are from Brands race 3?