Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Dec 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4019951)   #3851
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My guess is Baub wont like these modern Bugatti's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bugatti Chiron   (2).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	65529Click image for larger version

Name:	F HGNT Airbus A320 & Bugatti Veyron.JPG
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	65530Click image for larger version

Name:	Bugatti Chiron.JPG
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	65531

Name:	Bugatti Veyrons.JPG
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	65532Click image for larger version

Name:	Bugatti Chiron  .JPG
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	65533Click image for larger version

Name:	Bugatti Veyron Vitesse.JPG
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	65534
Old 1 Dec 2020, 16:13 (Ref:4019955)   #3852
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's not alone. They should be banned on the basis of poor taste. Horrible things, rank right up there with Hummers.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 18:25 (Ref:4019970)   #3853
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
He's not alone. They should be banned on the basis of poor taste. Horrible things, rank right up there with Hummers.

I second that. A slur on a fine automobile name.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 19:47 (Ref:4019995)   #3854
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let me try to alleviate your stress, and return to decency on the parade.
Attached Thumbnails
GerryMo a.JPG   GerryMo f.JPG   GerryMo c.JPG  

GerryMo e.JPG   GerryMo d.jpg   GerryMo b.JPG  

Old 1 Dec 2020, 20:01 (Ref:4020000)   #3855
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's wipe out the stain (sorry RB)
Attached Thumbnails
Mo 1.JPG   Mo 2.JPG   Mo 4.JPG  

Mo 6.JPG   Mo 7.JPG   Mo 5.JPG  

Old 1 Dec 2020, 20:38 (Ref:4020010)   #3856
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What a pure design, specially the engine. Everything is made with efficiency and performance in mind. If one day you find a dash pic, thanks.
Do you have some Amilcar CGSS around? If you have the opportunity to spot one, just focus on the front suspension, a pure jewel.
Really strange views of those machines showing a lot of camber… Positive!
Old 1 Dec 2020, 21:54 (Ref:4020026)   #3857
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not a good shot, but like this one?

Name:	Amilcar  CGSS Terry McGrath  .jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	65553
Old 2 Dec 2020, 07:03 (Ref:4020093)   #3858
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yep! Nothing wrong with this shot. Think this one si more likely a CGS.
Waiting for Max and EB comments!

Last edited by Gerard C; 2 Dec 2020 at 07:13.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 08:36 (Ref:4020111)   #3859
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Information was taken from the days programme, it says Amilcar CGSS , 1928, inline 4, 1087cc. If you have more information please let me know & I will correct what I have.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 08:48 (Ref:4020114)   #3860
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hard to say from a picture and I presume the owner/driver knows more about his car than me. SS is for Sport Surbaissée if my memory serves well. We have some continuations around here…
Old 2 Dec 2020, 10:01 (Ref:4020124)   #3861
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went off to Rob Roy Hillclimb for a reasonably cloudy and damp day of motorsport over the weekend.....

A few interesting cars, including a Vauxhall (with plenty of Patina) but was driven with great verve. Oh it was and MGCC organised day so plenty of MG's.
Sorry they are paddock shots but being a no spectator day, not to mention raining, most of the decent viewing areas were closed.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3048.JPG   IMG_3043.JPG   IMG_3044.JPG  

IMG_3045.JPG   IMG_3046.JPG   IMG_3053.JPG  

Old 2 Dec 2020, 10:09 (Ref:4020127)   #3862
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great pics, some very nice machinery. Thanks EB.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 11:43 (Ref:4020139)   #3863
bauble
Veteran

England
Good to see a contribution from the colonies, great work EB, love the Vauxhall, even tattier and older than my first one, a 1937 Saloon in poor condition, that I was too inexperienced to realise. However, it did do 40mpg, which sounds good until you realise that was oil consumption.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0011.JPG   _MG_0126.JPG   IMG_1505.JPG  

Spring Start 08 129.JPG   Spring Start 08 007.JPG   IMG_8007.JPG  

Old 2 Dec 2020, 12:18 (Ref:4020143)   #3864
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yep! Nothing wrong with this shot. Think this one si more likely a CGS.
Waiting for Max and EB comments!
Not me, I've no idea what this is.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 14:06 (Ref:4020167)   #3865
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crikey, there I was expecting verbal chastisement from Bob and I got a complement... best add another of the 'patina'd Vauxhall
The BRG MGB is my mates car (I was there as his i person allowed 'helper'). Built as a Targa Tasmania road rally car in the 90's (2 litre class so not FIA compliant at 1946cc)factory straight cut gearbox, ans I like the Minilite style wheels with knock off spinners! Won its class in the Targa Tassie and used as an occasional road car and regularity car since.
Bought from WA over the phone by my mate after a few reds one night during Covid lockdown and shipped to Melbourne! Last pic is as it arrived from Perth. Driven to the event as were most of the cars.
In fact the little white Alvis I followed into the event having been behind him for a couple of klms of single track approach road
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3049.JPG   IMG_3042.JPG   IMG_3051.JPG  

IMG_3066.JPG   IMG_2314.jpeg  

Last edited by E.B; 2 Dec 2020 at 14:16.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 15:28 (Ref:4020179)   #3866
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Castle Combe, April 2016
Attached Thumbnails
339.JPG   358.JPG   360.JPG  

367.JPG   373.JPG   376.JPG  

Old 2 Dec 2020, 15:29 (Ref:4020180)   #3867
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Same event:
Attached Thumbnails
418.JPG   428.JPG   437.JPG  

444.JPG   456.JPG   458.JPG  

Old 2 Dec 2020, 15:35 (Ref:4020181)   #3868
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Castle Combe paddock:
Attached Thumbnails
254.JPG   259.JPG   264.JPG  

269.JPG   267.JPG   275.JPG  

Old 2 Dec 2020, 15:42 (Ref:4020182)   #3869
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Not me, I've no idea what this is.
The Amilcar is said an inspiration for one of Tintin's car, for example Tintin au pays des Soviets https://www.lamarquezone.fr/voiture-...-260-3027.html or https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Les-Voitures...IAAOSwyvlfgITi

Dont you think I won a cuppa?
Old 2 Dec 2020, 15:44 (Ref:4020183)   #3870
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Brilliant view of a Corvair, Malcolm, nice! Turbocharged May be?
Old 2 Dec 2020, 16:47 (Ref:4020203)   #3871
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Brilliant view of a Corvair, Malcolm, nice! Turbocharged May be?
Hi Gerard,
I have minimal knowledge of Corvair engines and don't know the specification of this car. What I can find is that it was entered as 'Appendix K' .
Old 2 Dec 2020, 18:10 (Ref:4020223)   #3872
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I spot Peter (Jasperclan) in post #3868
Old 2 Dec 2020, 19:26 (Ref:4020236)   #3873
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Malcolm, my guess is for a Corvair Corsa Group 2, flat 6 capacity 164 ci, almost 2.7 litre and yes originally fitted with a Thompson turbo. Very interesting car, brave driver too knowing it only has drums all round to stop the car! Well, stop…
Old 2 Dec 2020, 22:00 (Ref:4020253)   #3874
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great looking car. It ran on a few occasions in Historic Touring Cars driven by Jim Chapman but always seemed to have mechanical issues. I think Castle Combe was it's best outing. Hasn't been around for the last 3 years or so.
Old 3 Dec 2020, 07:05 (Ref:4020298)   #3875
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Malcolm's selection #3867 is really typical of amateur racing. Oversteering, understeering, door to door ans so. Enjoyable. I never raced at Castle but if this Corvair has no disc brakes must be "interesting"…