Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Sep 2022, 19:55 (Ref:4126896)   #626
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Remember there are a few new cars coming in next season to challenge for those 3 steps with fairly sorted cars and a Ferrari, the challenge gets tougher not easier
Old 23 Sep 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4126955)   #627
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think I am less worried about the cars. They only have a couple of races under their belts and they are still learning how to make this package work.

In my head I was comparing the effort to Toyota's hypercar debut season. They often struggled with reliability and staying in front of the P2's at times. And this was after racing a hybrid prototype for a number of years in lmp1. Peugeot is starting from scratch with an entirely new concept. It might take them a little bit of time to get it all sorted.
Yes Toyota did struggle quite a lot, but by starting earlier and running 2 years with low competition they were able to identify what can be improved and now are bringing a new car for next year which should rectify all the issues that it had identified and will give it an advantage

Yes there is BOP to keep cars in the ballpark, but there is the question of how consistent these cars are. One might be able to keep up due to BOP but if not able to keep the pace consistently over a stint/race due to difficulty to set up it will lose a lot of time- and I believe this is where Toyota will have the advantage- making their cars able to run consistently at 90-100% of their BOP.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 08:25 (Ref:4126957)   #628
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To add to my post above, that is why I do not agree with homologation before a car has raced - because you can find areas where you are struggling/lacking that were not obvious during testing. If you allow 6 months/12 months of racing without need to fully homologate and put some restrictions on what can be done during those months, you will allow teams to race and improve on their design/philosophies so they can then be competitive most of the times, rather than having to homologate a new car or use jokers to develop

The above is quite simplified, but I think would help with competitiveness and should not be end of the world since they will all be BOP-ed in the end
Old 23 Sep 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4126963)   #629
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
In my head I was comparing the effort to Toyota's hypercar debut season. They often struggled with reliability and staying in front of the P2's at times. And this was after racing a hybrid prototype for a number of years in lmp1. Peugeot is starting from scratch with an entirely new concept. It might take them a little bit of time to get it all sorted.
I got the impression that most of the issue there was because the powers that be hadn't worked out how to effectively BoP the P2s against the hybrids, rather than Toyota lacking pace
Old 23 Sep 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4126985)   #630
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
I got the impression that most of the issue there was because the powers that be hadn't worked out how to effectively BoP the P2s against the hybrids, rather than Toyota lacking pace
That was certainly some of it, but there were also braking issues that popped up from time to time.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 13:46 (Ref:4126989)   #631
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
I also don't think Toyota were showing their full performance hand at all. There just wasn't any need.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4129193)   #632
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
James Rossiter leaves Peugeot with immediate effect to take a management role in FE

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...-maserati.html
Old 8 Oct 2022, 13:20 (Ref:4129197)   #633
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bit of an overreaction to being stuck behind Vergne in the opening stint at Fuji.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4129695)   #634
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not like he went far, probably still reports to the same guy(s). They're all Stellantis companies
Old 10 Oct 2022, 13:21 (Ref:4129710)   #635
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He probably feels he's got nothing more to prove as a driver and needs a fresh new challenge. I wish him well
Old 10 Oct 2022, 18:07 (Ref:4129767)   #636
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I was puzzled by the choice in the first place....
Old 10 Nov 2022, 14:51 (Ref:4133195)   #637
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way, Nico Müller is currently present at Peugeot in Bahraïn
Old 20 Jan 2023, 22:14 (Ref:4140789)   #638
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Performance upgrades for Peugeot

https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...orter-quelques
Old 7 Feb 2023, 20:50 (Ref:4143033)   #639
Mike E
Veteran

Hopefully they are closer to the pace this year

https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...what-we-needed
Old 8 Feb 2023, 11:34 (Ref:4143106)   #640
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a charmingly frank and honest set of responses. It's nice to have a manufacturer not hide the fact that when it comes down to it, no matter how high tech, it's still a bunch of engineers and other techies in a garage. Everyone tries things, finds they don't quite work, runs out of time, etc. It's interesting to hear that happening at the very top level.
Old 11 Mar 2023, 08:44 (Ref:4146676)   #641
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait to action on Sebring racetrack today for the Prologue of the 1000 Miles

I hope Peugeot will do well facing Toyota, Ferrari, Cadillac or Porsche
Old 11 Mar 2023, 13:45 (Ref:4146689)   #642
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Can't wait to action on Sebring racetrack today for the Prologue of the 1000 Miles

I hope Peugeot will do well facing Toyota, Ferrari, Cadillac or Porsche
We all do Tom. Will be easy for a big manufacturer to fall through the cracks this year with everything going on if the pace isn't there. Really want to see them up there battling for wins.
Old 11 Mar 2023, 15:24 (Ref:4146697)   #643
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I guess there was no chance of a typical rear wing appearing when they were already struggling with drag.
Old 11 Mar 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4146752)   #644
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, they were ahead of the two non-hybrids. At least there's that.
Old 14 Apr 2023, 09:41 (Ref:4151401)   #645
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Okay I want this soooo bad. New Lego 9X8 set: https://twitter.com/peugeotsport/sta...86380570263553

Probably goes better over the bumps too!

Old 14 Apr 2023, 14:02 (Ref:4151436)   #646
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Okay I want this soooo bad. New Lego 9X8 set: https://twitter.com/peugeotsport/sta...86380570263553

Probably goes better over the bumps too!

It'll be on sale before you know it...
Old 14 Apr 2023, 14:42 (Ref:4151439)   #647
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
As someone with a rather large collection of Lego Technic, that's overpriced even above Lego's own markup; definitely one to wait for a 25-30% reduction in price for.

Apart from the badly-placed A-pillars and comically large fender gaps, it nails the looks. At this scale (1:10), I doubt it will actually have a 7-speed gearbox as claimed, but the inclusion of two differentials is about as good as it gets at this scale. The suspension is actually something new, after decades of the same tired double-wishbone independent suspension: pullrod at the front, possibly pushrod at the rear.
Old 14 Apr 2023, 19:06 (Ref:4151505)   #648
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know if we have mentioned this but the Peugeots have a new gear shift system

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-shift-system/
Old 17 Apr 2023, 02:12 (Ref:4151925)   #649
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't know if we have mentioned this but the Peugeots have a new gear shift system

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-shift-system/
I think that really improved the car but they need more. Hopefully they can extract more performance from it because they are being bested by newer teams/cars.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 07:32 (Ref:4151934)   #650
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
I am holding out on giving a verdict on the Peugeot until after le mans (it might go really well there) but so far is very underwhelming.

Still think their design choice is holding them back , giving them a smaller window of performance compared to the conventional cars. They have same aero/drag numbers but they cannot access it as efficiently as the others