Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Feb 2023, 16:37 (Ref:4142415)   #616
kbeech
Rookie

United States
Alexandria, VA
kbeech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Howdy! Haven't posted in a while. I think I'm averaging once a year. Anyway, I've been catching up watching Daytona 24 on Peacock Network. Maybe my expectiations are low but it's fine. Work schedule prevents watching much of anything live so watching replays will have to do. Anyway, I'm still watching it and its under 6 hours to go. At least the weather cooperated this year.

Later!

Old 1 Feb 2023, 17:28 (Ref:4142425)   #617
GT3_Fan
Rookie

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeech View Post
Howdy! Haven't posted in a while. I think I'm averaging once a year. Anyway, I've been catching up watching Daytona 24 on Peacock Network. Maybe my expectiations are low but it's fine. Work schedule prevents watching much of anything live so watching replays will have to do. Anyway, I'm still watching it and its under 6 hours to go. At least the weather cooperated this year.

Later!

ha ha if you fast forward safety car periods, then you will go through the last part of the race quick! The last 6 hours of the race on Peacock is no more than 2 hours of watching in real time
Old 1 Feb 2023, 17:29 (Ref:4142426)   #618
GT3_Fan
Rookie

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeech View Post

Later!

The last 6 hours of the race on Peackock is no more than 2 hours in real time with the safety car periods and ads.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 21:28 (Ref:4142456)   #619
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
Don't set expectations too high for the Mustang and Corvette at the 2024 Daytona 24 guys.
Given their domestic clout as famous US automobile brands, I wouldn't be surprised if they're competitive right out of the gate with their substantial(probable) BoP lobbying power.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4142461)   #620
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Given their domestic clout as famous US automobile brands, I wouldn't be surprised if they're competitive right out of the gate with their substantial(probable) BoP lobbying power.
BoP will be FIA unless they want to go in like Porsche and Ferrari pre-BoP test. IMSA might do many things but changing what they've done isn't really in their wheelhouse.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 22:27 (Ref:4142463)   #621
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently people care FAR less than the desktop warriors on here want to think, record TV numbers and not even close. Early projection of 25% plus increase and over million viewers on Sunday. This for a series that gets 125k on a good day
Old 2 Feb 2023, 09:44 (Ref:4142491)   #622
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
BoP will be FIA unless they want to go in like Porsche and Ferrari pre-BoP test. IMSA might do many things but changing what they've done isn't really in their wheelhouse.
Maybe more incentive to try and get the car out earlier for Petit. If that's allowed? Use that as your BoP burner round, even if you're still testing a bit, and then get all that data banked to speed up the process.

Doesn't sound like one off-season test pre-ROAR was enough for IMSA to be sure on performance.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4142506)   #623
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no issue with a new car having a conservative BOP and maybe being a bit slower in the first race. However in IMSA the first race is the most important one of the season or equal to Sebring, so this can be quite tough on teams and manufacturers deciding to debut cars

If I were a manufacturer I would delay introducing the new model until Long Beach. By that time there will be data on BOP from other series IMSA can look at as well

If the endurance running is so important, I would enter 1 or 2 new cars in Daytona and allow the established teams to use the old model so they stand a chance at competing for the win