Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jan 2023, 08:49 (Ref:4141504)   #151
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were specific reasons why Ford sold JLR.
Old 28 Jan 2023, 10:51 (Ref:4141513)   #152
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Well, that's obvious, otherwise they would have continued!
Old 28 Jan 2023, 11:30 (Ref:4141515)   #153
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

As I understand it,that was done to avoid having to seek a government bailout in the way that GM did when the banking crisis unfolded.Which leads to the slightly peculiar situation in which GM will be promoting a large luxury car brand to a world in which only a few markets can buy the product-even if they wanted to.Which,given the significantly more expensive fuel cost in many places,not too many will wish to do.Compared to Ford who have ceased making the Mondeo,and soon the Focus and Fiesta won't be available in Europe.I don't understand their marketing strategy,but then I don't have to.

I like the idea of once again having 26 car grids and don't mind which car companies choose to apply their name to the bodywork.What concerns me more is the apparent switch to a franchise system for the enrichment of the team owners and the guaranteed exclusion of new arrivals.as long as an entry fee is paid,and maybe a sum equivalent to the cost cap is lodged in an escrow account ,let them in!
Old 28 Jan 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4141544)   #154
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well, that's obvious, otherwise they would have continued!
Point was very specific reasons that I have never heard quoted anywhere, other than the board member they privately came from.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 00:06 (Ref:4141788)   #155
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Point was very specific reasons that I have never heard quoted anywhere, other than the board member they privately came from.
So what were such specific reasons?
Old 29 Jan 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4141884)   #156
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So what were such specific reasons?

Have you never heard the story of the new head man at the blue oval asking for a list of the top earners,and on seeing it asking"Who is this Edmund Irvine?"The most highly remunerated man in the empire.

At the same sort of time as deciding to offload the European companies they had swept up in times of plenty,since they needed cash to see them through troubled times.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 16:36 (Ref:4142018)   #157
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure there's some logic that escapes me but I never understood why they bought Ghia and Vignale, two respected coachbuilders and turned them both into posh badges on vanilla cars. Always seemed like a waste.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 21:53 (Ref:4142152)   #158
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Have you never heard the story of the new head man at the blue oval asking for a list of the top earners,and on seeing it asking"Who is this Edmund Irvine?"The most highly remunerated man in the empire.

At the same sort of time as deciding to offload the European companies they had swept up in times of plenty,since they needed cash to see them through troubled times.
Yes, I've heard that - but I heard very specific reasons for JLR being sold. Something JLR management did about how they built cars that was contra to a very specific instruction. I realise I probably shouldn't have mentioned if I don't want to share the full detail now though.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 12:18 (Ref:4142205)   #159
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IIRC that sort of policy was what hastened the demise of SAAB. They'd always made interesting and high quality cars GM took them over and got ever more involved eventually giving them Vauxhall/Opel platforms to base new models on. SAAB were instructed not to "re-engineer" these platforms but did anyway (what would really be the point of a Vauxhall with a SAAB badge on it?) and this was expensive. This displeased GM and at the time of the next model change they were again told not to mess with it but again did stuff that upset the bosses. I'm sad that we'll no longer see any real SAABs but I wouldn't mourn the demise of Vauxhall/Opel (now part of Stellantis?).
Old 30 Jan 2023, 15:54 (Ref:4142228)   #160
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
i guess this is some sort of official announcement that Audi has now officially bought into Sauber? rather brief and to the point i suppose lol.

https://www.sauber-group.com/motorsp...oup-statement/

The Sauber Group is pleased to announce that, as per the plans outlined in October last year, Audi acquired a minority stake in the Sauber Group in January 2023. This is an important milestone on the way to Audi’s entry in Formula One, scheduled for 2026, for which the Sauber Group will be the German brand’s strategic partner.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4142500)   #161
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Can we ask GoodYear to make a reappearance on the grid?
A more American brand you might have fun finding…
Is Thexmania a real thing? #SirSpeedyThexalot #99 #thextonhealth
Are you vaccine hesitant? Imagination is the final sanctuary.. #potsiemagic
80's...not a decade, it's something you feel. Risk nothing, gain nothing
Old 2 Feb 2023, 14:15 (Ref:4142520)   #162
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The FIA have opened the process for new teams now

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fi...grid/10427252/