Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Mar 2023, 08:25 (Ref:4147379)   #1776
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Team Dynamics' own website says that they have plans for 2023 in the BTCC.
Gordon Shedden has publicly stated that he is working on the behind-the-scenes plans for his 2023 campaign with Team Dynamics (in the BTCC).

Obviously, this can all fail to materialise for many reasons - but what tangible evidence is there that they are planning to step away from the series, other than a lack of announcement to date?

Mr Gow always likes to have something to reveal at media day - maybe Team Dynamics is the team that has chosen to be the 'big reveal' this season?
Well, the website might be just outdated a bit in this regard and as for Shedden - if I recall correctly - it's been quite a while since he said that. It's already happened in the BTCC that there were plans that someone talked about but then they fell through so could be the same here.

As for the tangible evidence, you're right, there's no but I'm generally of the opinion that when rumours keep circulating there must be something to it. When people say that they've heard about it from various sources close to the team, I'm inclined to believe something's going on. Yes, the rumours might turn out untrue after all, people might be just bluffing or repeating claims that are untrue so I'm still hoping Dynamics will be on the grid this year but getting more and more pessimistic about it.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4147381)   #1777
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Well, the website might be just outdated a bit in this regard and as for Shedden - if I recall correctly - it's been quite a while since he said that. It's already happened in the BTCC that there were plans that someone talked about but then they fell through so could be the same here.

So - I'm not saying it is certain they will remain by any stretch. I am just seeing nothing other than unsubstantiated speculation that they will leave (at the moment).

For reference:
Shedden's comments were made on 22 Feb 23.
The webpage referring to 2023 plans in the BTCC was updated in the last two weeks.

In relation to the post that reads 'A mechanic (former Dynamics) at GT Cup today reckons they've handed their TBL back to Gow and will announce a new programme next week. He reckons the posts about supporting TCR cars in 24 Hours Series is shifting to them running their own cars there - are BTCC cars eligible for the Touring class I wonder?' - Team Dynamics refer to this activity as part of their #customerracing programme, not part of their own race team programme.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 10:35 (Ref:4147391)   #1778
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably time to end the speculation . As I hinted before their is touch of the transfer deadline about this from the footie . Exiting for the fan base but little truth . I believe it when both team and driver are trying to do deal . Whether that happens who knows , must wait till test day and see what surfaced . Alternatives seem limited and it’s clear dynamics have a ethic of loyalty and will be loathed to let their many fans down . Maybe like BMR did with Sutton they could place Sheds into another car. If so then one motorsport seat would make sense , the car for the 4th entry must be sourced and will probably be a dynamics shell . Is this why they can’t finish their plans .
As for Toyota if no other option sheds would appeal due to links with Butcher and his speed , but it breaks with tradition as up to now 2nd car has this far been for hungry youngster with low budget . Still some available in this mould aka Gamble Hand or Proctor . Third car for Hamilton was last years news and could resurface but it better be quick in order for car conversion to be done to suit drivers particular needs . The news I hope for is the TD continue maybe with sheds and someone like Jack Goff, lovely guy quick and a trier . Hope he gets a break
Old 17 Mar 2023, 10:41 (Ref:4147392)   #1779
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Final thought is that maybe leaning it until the day and shock us all with Plato or something more left field . Only problem is surely a professional team wants to both progress and test in order to do so . Watch this space for the unexpected to surface
Old 17 Mar 2023, 10:55 (Ref:4147393)   #1780
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

So - I'm not saying it is certain they will remain by any stretch. I am just seeing nothing other than unsubstantiated speculation that they will leave (at the moment).

For reference:
Shedden's comments were made on 22 Feb 23.
The webpage referring to 2023 plans in the BTCC was updated in the last two weeks.

In relation to the post that reads 'A mechanic (former Dynamics) at GT Cup today reckons they've handed their TBL back to Gow and will announce a new programme next week. He reckons the posts about supporting TCR cars in 24 Hours Series is shifting to them running their own cars there - are BTCC cars eligible for the Touring class I wonder?' - Team Dynamics refer to this activity as part of their #customerracing programme, not part of their own race team programme.
I understand your 'scientific' approach Malcolm but press releases, webpages and social media quotes are often fantasy, with journalistic and press comment generally not far behind - but what trusted people active in the paddock tell you is much more likely to be true, if not always of course...
Old 17 Mar 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4147396)   #1781
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I understand your 'scientific' approach Malcolm but press releases, webpages and social media quotes are often fantasy, with journalistic and press comment generally not far behind - but what trusted people active in the paddock tell you is much more likely to be true, if not always of course...
I totally get that - but how do we differentiate between a 'trusted person active in the paddock' and a keyboard fantasist?

These threads have seen exactly the latter appear for many seasons - where 'paddock sources' have told us something is happening, and then for the exact opposite to materialise.

What is also true on many an occasion is that if someone inside the paddock knew something, they would not be permitted to mention it here anyway.

This is the reason I treat such 'sources' with pessimism. If a team is not ready to go public with information, why would they be happy for paddock discussions to enter the public domain? Those who really know what is happening have, in all likelihood, been told they are not to discuss it anyway.....
Old 17 Mar 2023, 11:28 (Ref:4147397)   #1782
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I totally get that - but how do we differentiate between a 'trusted person active in the paddock' and a keyboard fantasist?

These threads have seen exactly the latter appear for many seasons - where 'paddock sources' have told us something is happening, and then for the exact opposite to materialise.

What is also true on many an occasion is that if someone inside the paddock knew something, they would not be permitted to mention it here anyway.

This is the reason I treat such 'sources' with pessimism. If a team is not ready to go public with information, why would they be happy for paddock discussions to enter the public domain? Those who really know what is happening have, in all likelihood, been told they are not to discuss it anyway.....
You're right! I guess we need to use our experience and intuition to differentiate who might actually know something from the BS merchants.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 12:16 (Ref:4147401)   #1783
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Have a feeling that too much has now been said about their apparent leaving and not a hint from their side that it's untrue and they're actually staying so I'm afraid that it's true they're leaving, sadly. Would be a huge blow for the championship, no doubt about that but everything has its end....

Shedden and Butcher as Toyota's duo then??
Be interesting to see how that pairing would be funded bearing in mind Ginsters moved on because there was no room on the car
Old 17 Mar 2023, 12:48 (Ref:4147405)   #1784
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things are changing very quickly at the moment as well, I was told from a very good source that a certain team were pulling out, the following week they've not only announced drivers but also gained a TBL. I know what I've been told regarding Dynamics, but will have to wait and see if it plays out like that.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4147406)   #1785
Rialdeal
Rookie

Rialdeal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on what George Gamble will be doing in 2023? Could he be linked to Toyota or the third One Motorsport entry? There was also talk of the possibility of a 5th Cupra on the team HARD Twitter page! Shame if we lost him this year
Old 17 Mar 2023, 14:04 (Ref:4147416)   #1786
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Things are changing very quickly at the moment as well, I was told from a very good source that a certain team were pulling out, the following week they've not only announced drivers but also gained a TBL. I know what I've been told regarding Dynamics, but will have to wait and see if it plays out like that.

Many, many punters have lost a fortune over the years when placing bets on "guaranteed" winners as predicted by inside sources.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 14:04 (Ref:4147417)   #1787
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Preseason testing - have we seen any TOCA/M-sport powered cars out yet?
Old 17 Mar 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4147425)   #1788
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rialdeal View Post
Any news on what George Gamble will be doing in 2023? Could he be linked to Toyota or the third One Motorsport entry? There was also talk of the possibility of a 5th Cupra on the team HARD Twitter page! Shame if we lost him this year
Also wondering about it. Not going to lie, I was really looking forward to seeing what he can do in his second BTCC season and felt very disappointed when learnt Cicely is pulling out. Personally, would rather see him than Morgan or Jelley at WSR.
But anyway, his Instagram profile is completely silent as for any racing plans for the year and doubt he's on the Twitter so it's difficult for me to think of what he's doing this year. Part of me hopes he'll switch to BTC or Speedworks but somehow I doubt that.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 14:49 (Ref:4147429)   #1789
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure by this time last year Team Dynamics had been at Knockhill testing then Croft. This year nothing...

Matt Neals twitter profile seems very empty now too. No mention of Dynamics etc...

All seems very odd.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4147433)   #1790
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would Shedden and Butcher make good teammates?
Old 17 Mar 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4147435)   #1791
Rialdeal
Rookie

Rialdeal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also wondering about it. Not going to lie, I was really looking forward to seeing what he can do in his second BTCC season and felt very disappointed when learnt Cicely is pulling out. Personally, would rather see him than Morgan or Jelley at WSR.
But anyway, his Instagram profile is completely silent as for any racing plans for the year and doubt he's on the Twitter so it's difficult for me to think of what he's doing this year. Part of me hopes he'll switch to BTC or Speedworks but somehow I doubt that.
I’m with you on the Jelley point. Yeah I couldn’t find a Twitter account. There is still a small opportunity I guess if someone like Speedworks run three entries as stated.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4147491)   #1792
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Family connections? (They are brothers-in-law).
Old 17 Mar 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4147565)   #1793
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
bee working together since they were teenagers
Old 17 Mar 2023, 21:32 (Ref:4147612)   #1794
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
bee working together since they were teenagers
You sure about that? It’s a myth that Rory works at Knockhill - he said as much in an interview a while back
Old 17 Mar 2023, 22:40 (Ref:4147634)   #1795
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It’s a myth that Rory works at Knockhill - he said as much in an interview a while back
He's a registered ARDS instructor at Knockhill.
Old 18 Mar 2023, 08:53 (Ref:4147670)   #1796
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
He's a registered ARDS instructor at Knockhill.
Not full time then
Old 18 Mar 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4147673)   #1797
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His father in law owns knockhill. Hence why there's always a big screen facing the bungalow near turn 1 ? ? so they can watch from tge balcony at rear of the property
Old 18 Mar 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4147674)   #1798
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I know Rory's dad has owned Knockhill for a long time. Does Rory still have an involvement with it? Or has he moved onto other things?
Old 18 Mar 2023, 09:27 (Ref:4147677)   #1799
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
His father in law owns knockhill. Hence why there's always a big screen facing the bungalow near turn 1 ? ? so they can watch from tge balcony at rear of the property
That's a hospitality suite ?
Old 18 Mar 2023, 10:03 (Ref:4147680)   #1800
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
Not his father?