Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Aug 2018, 21:56 (Ref:3842412)   #201
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’d prefer lots of healthy teams too.

This situation is not a modern phenomena though. Not that this makes it a good thing.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3842446)   #202
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Pay drivers have always existed, it's when we've had drivers who look out of their depth that are the problem, like a few we had in the mid 90s. They should be at least half decent
Old 9 Aug 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3842459)   #203
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Pay drivers have always existed, it's when we've had drivers who look out of their depth that are the problem, like a few we had in the mid 90s. They should be at least half decent
Yes i would go along with that, the times when we tend to get rid of the out of your depth ride buyers is usually in times when we get a recession!!
Old 9 Aug 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3842577)   #204
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think those who complain about Stroll being terrible have forgotten that the 90s had about 10-20 drivers who were significantly worse than Stroll will ever be.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3842594)   #205
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
So...who is a 1 and who is a 10? Who is excelling? Who is cruising? Who is just strolling along?
Old 9 Aug 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3842600)   #206
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Good piece on Ricciardo in this week’s Autosport. Reflects the consensus on here: moving to Renault is a big gamble but staying at Red Bull (especially alongside Verstappen) would not have been without risk.
Old 10 Aug 2018, 07:20 (Ref:3842709)   #207
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think those who complain about Stroll being terrible have forgotten that the 90s had about 10-20 drivers who were significantly worse than Stroll will ever be.
As many as that?!! 😮
Old 10 Aug 2018, 07:23 (Ref:3842710)   #208
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Good piece on Ricciardo in this week’s Autosport. Reflects the consensus on here: moving to Renault is a big gamble but staying at Red Bull (especially alongside Verstappen) would not have been without risk.
I haven't read it but I think Regie is much less of a gamble than Honda and continuing to bang his head against a brick wall against Max and Horner.
Old 10 Aug 2018, 07:45 (Ref:3842712)   #209
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I’d rather deal with RBR and MV than Cyril who will be stabbing you in the back to his Dad-in-law from week 1. If Ricciardo doesn’t win races we know who Abitabullsht will be blaming. As always, not himself.
Old 10 Aug 2018, 08:04 (Ref:3842714)   #210
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I’m obviously out of the loop here - who’s Abiteboul’s father-in-law?
Old 10 Aug 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3842715)   #211
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Are Renault blaming Hulk and Sainz at the moment then, for not winning?
Old 10 Aug 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3842720)   #212
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Are Renault blaming Hulk and Sainz at the moment then, for not winning?
Guess they did replace Sainz.
Old 10 Aug 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3842721)   #213
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I’m obviously out of the loop here - who’s Abiteboul’s father-in-law?
His wife’s Dad is Renault big chief.

Hence they arranged to lend him to Caterham - team totally destroyed.

Back to Renault to manage engine programme - massively behind Merc and Ferrari despite endless promises to customers.

Then to background manage Enstone team - but wanted to push out the Vasseur threat, who was probably the only real chance of success they had.

Now claims pleased to be shot of RBR despite begging them to stay a couple of months ago on almost any term.

Wouldn’t want him in charge of my breakfast, let alone anything important.

DR taking massive gamble trusting. But it could pay off. Especially in euros. If you don’t win you might as well get 20m a year instead of 4m...
Old 10 Aug 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3842767)   #214
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Renault have the potential to move up the grid, so it might turn out to be a smart move by Danny
Old 10 Aug 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3842773)   #215
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yes, we’ve come a long way since the likes of Yoong, Inoue and Deletraz.