Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 May 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3823784)   #76
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Don’t remember there being any bushes at Silverstone. I just hope everyone is ok with you doing it where you do.
Old 21 May 2018, 16:55 (Ref:3823788)   #77
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Yes, there is.

The Hotel Arbor, immediately after the second chicane. They charge EUR15 per person for access (there is on site parking). That price includes a baguette and a beer.
You can walk right up to the chicane. I had a front row view as Jordan Taylor bounced through the gravel trap in his epic battle with Johnny Adam last year.
From the front of the hotel you can watch the cars heading down to Mulsanne.

They also have the race on Eurosport inside in case you want to watch that.

It's well worth a visit. Access is obviously from the east side of the circuit, off the D140. Access from the D338 is not advised...
Great thanks Mike, I will try and fit a visit in. We possibly visited the same venue back before the chicanes were put in, watching the Porsches and Jags slipstreaming past from over a hedge !
Old 21 May 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3823789)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Don’t remember there being any bushes at Silverstone. I just hope everyone is ok with you doing it where you do.
Yeah, it's fine, it just runs off the tents........

Seriously, I don't go around relieving myself where others might wander through it! At 61 years of age, hopefully my antisocial days are long behind me, and besides, I don't need to as I don't spend the entire 24 hours swilling beer either.....
Old 21 May 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3823791)   #79
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just make sure there aren’t too many tents. And depends how much beer they have
Old 21 May 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3823802)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Erm, yes, I will be sure to..... Dad......
Old 21 May 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3823807)   #81
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
but you must keep drinking this year Andrew it will be another hot one
Old 21 May 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3823814)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh I shall drink plenty alright Simon, I know the importance of keeping hydrated, but it'll be mostly water for me.

Attached Thumbnails
0523.jpg  
Old 21 May 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3823820)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
WATER? you do know what fish do in that stuff
Old 21 May 2018, 20:14 (Ref:3823833)   #84
S griffin
Veteran

Don’t worry, I ain’t seen no fishies at Le Mans anymore
Old 21 May 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3823848)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yep. They don't get drunk and fall asleep during a race......
Old 22 May 2018, 07:45 (Ref:3823903)   #86
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
But everytime the lead car goes by the fish will say "what sort of car is that can't remember seeing one of those before"
Old 22 May 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3823915)   #87
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Never mind fish. Have you seen what it does to iron and steel - and you want to pour it into your insides?????

At least modify the taste with a little fermented grape juice.
Old 22 May 2018, 10:08 (Ref:3823925)   #88
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The human race has spent centuries developing ways to make water safe to drink and nice to taste, but people still take the risk of drinking pure water, makes no sense
Old 5 Jun 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3826953)   #89
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Bought a bike carrier at a secondhand site

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1528207503600.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	51398
Old 5 Jun 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3826956)   #90
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That is going to mess up the aero on your car, you will have to turn the radio up to drown out the noise tomorrow on your way down, Have fun see you tuesday have a cold beer ready for me, oh yes and look after Helen for a couple of days you know how she likes to drink
Old 5 Jun 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3826958)   #91
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Mess up the aero? On a Brick-Volvo? Don't think there's much to mess up!
Old 5 Jun 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3826959)   #92
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just think how much horse power you are going to loss as those wheels spin around in the wind creating a sound effect just like a roaring lion. But then again even loaded to the brim and with aero of a brick you will still go three times the speed of Mikes Bus.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3826977)   #93
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Bought a bike carrier at a secondhand site

Attachment 51398
If there's anyone in Hampshire that needs one, I have one I need to get rid of.......
Old 5 Jun 2018, 16:55 (Ref:3826981)   #94
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
come on Ayse, bring a bike down and do the circuit, then perhaps join the tour de France if you can find enough drugs.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3826987)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think I'd have to detour to Columbia with a very large lorry to get enough to be able to do that.......
Old 5 Jun 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3827001)   #96
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...e56269340.html
Old 5 Jun 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3827009)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I stand corrected........
Old 6 Jun 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3827093)   #98
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Treated myself to a Sanef Tag so as to make getting through the tolls easier!
Old 6 Jun 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3827107)   #99
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
Treated myself to a Sanef Tag so as to make getting through the tolls easier!
An essential for me, but I live in France.
The Bip & Go now works in Spain too.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 10:21 (Ref:3827111)   #100
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And hopefully at some time in the future it will also work on the Dartford (Thames) Crossing that Sanef now run.