Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Dec 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3480713)   #226
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://www.markwebber.com/?p=15090&preview=true

So Webber's bruised, sore and slightly concussed (and with no recollection of the accident itself), but he should be out of hospital and back in the UK later this week.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3480714)   #227
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great news!
Old 1 Dec 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3480719)   #228
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, Victor.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 13:19 (Ref:3480727)   #229
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Good to get confirmation that he is OK, saw him wave on the TV as they carted him off but was still worried that he may have been putting on a brave face
Old 1 Dec 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3480769)   #230
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And a great win for the aston in the pro class
finally, but too late imo!!! I hope they get a better car for the next champ!!

I really miss the old DBR9

Last edited by nasdriv87; 1 Dec 2014 at 16:09.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3480792)   #231
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Better car... yeah right

Meanwhile, Webbo seems fine, just visited by the freshly crowned local stock car champ
http://instagram.com/p/wEdZv2oOeu/

Old 1 Dec 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3480803)   #232
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just finished watching this. Despite the finish it was still the best six-hour race for me.

It certainly had everything.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3480820)   #233
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotats03OUS View Post
The two fastest lap of the #8 were set on old tires at the end of the stint,,they were faster then any of the porsche,,non of the Porsche were faster the the 8 in races trim.. the only time that porsche could pull away from the 8 at times, was when Jani was at the wheel..
Not correct! Firstly cars are faster when the fuel load reduces.
Also, I wrote down every lap time of the duelling #8 v #14.
i.e. in their final stints Beumi v Dumas only recorded a faster lap time than Dumas 8 times, and in Davidson's double stint only bettered Jani's lappery 9 times...and that was mainly because #14 was slowed by traffic!
A win on straight performance wasn't on the cards at all...but we should applaud #8 for making a fight of it when they didn't really need too!

The best LMP1 battle of the series by far...more please!
Old 1 Dec 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3480838)   #234
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
http://www.markwebber.com/?p=15090&preview=true

So Webber's bruised, sore and slightly concussed (and with no recollection of the accident itself), but he should be out of hospital and back in the UK later this week.

Good to hear!! Nice pic of him and Rubens
Old 1 Dec 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3480852)   #235
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Not correct! Firstly cars are faster when the fuel load reduces.
Also, I wrote down every lap time of the duelling #8 v #14.
i.e. in their final stints Beumi v Dumas only recorded a faster lap time than Dumas 8 times, and in Davidson's double stint only bettered Jani's lappery 9 times...and that was mainly because #14 was slowed by traffic!
A win on straight performance wasn't on the cards at all...but we should applaud #8 for making a fight of it when they didn't really need too!

The best LMP1 battle of the series by far...more please!
It was a good battle. It only required a higher altitude track taking some power away from Toyota to 'even' things up
Old 1 Dec 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3480868)   #236
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Anthony was really pushing that Toyota around! They were "overdriving" to keep pace with the turbo cars. Buemi explained that. But to do a 1:18.399 while down 50hp shows they were extracting everything from the TS040 today. It was a marvellous race. Nothing to detract from Audi or Porsche's pace. The broadcast made it clear the high, thin air doesnt favor naturally aspirated engines, thats why they were best to change tires.
Everybody was down in power because of the altitude. Turbocharged engines just a bit less...
Old 1 Dec 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3480870)   #237
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber out of hospital now according to Porsche. Guessing he might have to skip the booze at the end of the season party.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3480885)   #238
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Everybody was down in power because of the altitude. Turbocharged engines just a bit less...
Using this site, putting in the values from yesterday's weather provided by the fia and altitude (785m) at the start of the race, the total power output for a normally aspirated engine is 79.8% of normal. Anything on turbo power loss? I dont think its anywhere near what a NA engine loses, but Im no expert. The 'down 50hp' was words taken from Dagys on spprtscar365. It seems that may be conservative.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3480902)   #239
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hum, and what about F1 X LMP1 speeds at Interlagos?!?!?

They did not even beat the 2007 Peugeots record?!?!?
Old 2 Dec 2014, 00:18 (Ref:3480911)   #240
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
hum, and what about F1 X LMP1 speeds at Interlagos?!?!?

They did not even beat the 2007 Peugeots record?!?!?
Yes, I think all lmp1-h cars were under the record lap during the race. If not, only the #7 was slower. But looking at the gte times, the repaved track is worth 2 if not 3 seconds in lap time. 1:21's were the best lmp1 lap times last year. This year is 1:18's, thats 3 seconds too! The gte cars are closer in performance to 2013 so I think thats a closer like for like comparison.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3481014)   #241
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Using this site, putting in the values from yesterday's weather provided by the fia and altitude (785m) at the start of the race, the total power output for a normally aspirated engine is 79.8% of normal. Anything on turbo power loss? I dont think its anywhere near what a NA engine loses, but Im no expert. The 'down 50hp' was words taken from Dagys on spprtscar365. It seems that may be conservative.
What did you input for Altimeter Setting? Sea level or actual (absolute) pressure? Because if you input absolute then I think you effectively calculated power for 1,600 m altitude.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 15:24 (Ref:3481082)   #242
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Feel free to correct me if I am off base on this comment.

However it seemed to me that Brendan Hartley was in over his head this year, it especially showed during this race. If I'm not mistaken Webber handed the #20 off to him after his first stint with a + 20 second lead, Hartley then squandered it and lost the lead completely during his stint.

Also remember him missing his breaking points on a few occasions, one being Arnage at Le Mans.

Again, maybe I'm missing something, I just expect more from a factory LMP1 pilot.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3481094)   #243
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The #20 had an unidentified engine problem shortly after Brendan took over, thus the slow lap times.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3481104)   #244
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
You are entirely incorrect - Brendon Was amongst the fastest and most consistent of the Porsche drivers - The #20 car was apparently down on boost, something we were seeing (and commenting on) from midway through the race.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3481106)   #245
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Feel free to correct me if I am off base on this comment.

However it seemed to me that Brendan Hartley was in over his head this year, it especially showed during this race. If I'm not mistaken Webber handed the #20 off to him after his first stint with a + 20 second lead, Hartley then squandered it and lost the lead completely during his stint.

Also remember him missing his breaking points on a few occasions, one being Arnage at Le Mans.

Again, maybe I'm missing something, I just expect more from a factory LMP1 pilot.
Think you are doing him a disservice to be honest. While the 919s have been blisteringly quick at times this year they've not always run healthy - as was the case at Sao Paolo.

Both cars had a lot of issues with braking at Le Mans with the re-gen. Hartley wasn't the only guy to overshoot.

My biggest concern about Brendon ahead of this year was that he might be slightly error prone. That hasn't been the case and he's looked to be a safe and quick pair of hands. The guy has just turned 25 he's going to have a long and successful career I'm sure.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3481136)   #246
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Think you are doing him a disservice to be honest. While the 919s have been blisteringly quick at times this year they've not always run healthy - as was the case at Sao Paolo.

Both cars had a lot of issues with braking at Le Mans with the re-gen. Hartley wasn't the only guy to overshoot.

My biggest concern about Brendon ahead of this year was that he might be slightly error prone. That hasn't been the case and he's looked to be a safe and quick pair of hands. The guy has just turned 25 he's going to have a long and successful career I'm sure.
Would just like to echo this. Hartley has been blisteringly quick at times, and rather than blaming him for losing the lead at Sao Paulo, I'd say he's shown a lot of maturity at times this year by driving ailing cars. These machines are complicated enough to master when everything's working properly, let alone when you're managing various issues while racing through traffic and against other cars. Hartley's been unlucky to be in the 919 when a lot of these issues have struck.

As for blaming him for the mistake at Arnage - well, that corner is a bit like the "Wall of Champions" at Montreal. The best of the very best have got that corner wrong, and that's before you introduce the unpredictability of cars harvesting energy in unprecedented levels.

Hartley's become a prototype driver 6 years younger than TK. He has a brilliant opportunity to make himself a big name in this corner of the sport.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3481160)   #247
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
What did you input for Altimeter Setting? Sea level or actual (absolute) pressure? Because if you input absolute then I think you effectively calculated power for 1,600 m altitude.
Based on Vasselon's comments as reported in the latest issue of the French AutoHebdo magazine, the engine power loss compared to the previous race at Barhein was estimated to be of the order of 9% only. A 50 HP deficit according to Vasselon.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3481200)   #248
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
I took all the information from the local weather reports and from the fia's timing website- fiawec.alkamelsystems.com . It has the humidity, pressure, temperature etc. In the beginning of the race, the humidity was down and the temperature was high. Towards the final two hours the conditions changed. I think you can see the Toyota's pace got better when the temperature dropped and the humidity rose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Based on Vasselon's comments as reported in the latest issue of the French AutoHebdo magazine, the engine power loss compared to the previous race at Barhein was estimated to be of the order of 9% only. A 50 HP deficit according to Vasselon.
It is a race engine. The calculator doesnt specify if that is taken into account.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3481210)   #249
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I took all the information from the local weather reports and from the fia's timing website- fiawec.alkamelsystems.com . It has the humidity, pressure, temperature etc. In the beginning of the race, the humidity was down and the temperature was high. Towards the final two hours the conditions changed. I think you can see the Toyota's pace got better when the temperature dropped and the humidity rose.

It is a race engine. The calculator doesnt specify if that is taken into account.
If 9% equals 50 bhp 100% means 555bhp…right!!!!!
Old 2 Dec 2014, 21:32 (Ref:3481227)   #250
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Obviously they rounded those numbers a little.

TF110, what I meant, in the calculator you linked you must imput altimeter pressure, this is pressure at sea level, not the pressure from the weather station, so you must add around 90 mBar to the weather station numbers, and you then get around 89% from that calculator.