Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Apr 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3895253)   #176
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
In 1962 he shared an Equipe Endeavour Jaguar Mk2 with Mike Parkes to win the Motor Six Hours & then in 1963 he came fifth overall in the BSCC with an Alan Andrews Racing Cortina GT. As you say, he also raced various sports cars.
.... including an ex Salvadori Cooper Monaco (similar in looks to the Cooper Maserati Delta was involved with at PI but not that one) The one Blumer drove was a 2.5 litre, and sold in 2013.... with some other notable drivers as well as Salvadori, including Stewart and Brabham having driven it. This one:
https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20934/lot/9/

Last edited by E.B; 4 Apr 2019 at 12:57. Reason: added auction / history link
Old 4 Apr 2019, 15:15 (Ref:3895265)   #177
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
van derive estates rings a bell, wasn't it Tony Lanfranchi who race a 307e Ford Prefect/van . . . . they were lighter than the cars . . . . once you'd taken the wooden floor out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
HRSR/HSCC Historic Touring Cars has almost exactly that wording excluding 2+2 and estate cars/vans in it's regulations.

Back in the late 50s/early60s there was an Austin A30 or A35 pick-up raced in the north at Croft, Full Sutton, Ouston, etc. plus hillclimbs at Catterick Garison. The driver was well known here up north but I've forgotten his name! The car still exists and is regularly displayed at the Croft Nostalgia meeting in August. I've talked to it's present owner several times. Can't find a pic on the interweb unfortunately.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3895298)   #178
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
One of my Dads photo's . . . . speed trials around 1971 I think. fully fia compliant by the look of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Wonder what is fitted at the rear of Joe's dad picture… Tail parachute or tow ball?
Definitely a parachute- those odd exhaust stubs poking through the roof are there because the front part of the 'passenger cabin' is full of Jag straight-six. It's Bob Messent and Roger Bishop's 'Stripteaser' dragster from the early 70's

https://www.theaccelerationarchive.c...er/page_1.html
Old 4 Apr 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3895301)   #179
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ha! Thank you KA for taking care. Very interesting, I could not imagine such an engine lying into the cockpit! Thanks again, really nice and uncommon!

Last edited by Gerard C; 4 Apr 2019 at 18:29.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3895303)   #180
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May I ask why "Stripteaser"? Is it a pun like strip and teaser? By the way not sure Saint Etienne is far South of France tho… Far from Coventry I should admit!
Old 4 Apr 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3895308)   #181
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’ve been at Donington all day . Just got in to read my emails and I see Charls March has named and shamed a few drivers . I’m only posting this as I seem to of escaped . 🙄
Old 4 Apr 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3895311)   #182
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too. Although I only received the info this afternoon.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3895332)   #183
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Going to share as it's public knowledge?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Apr 2019, 22:27 (Ref:3895346)   #184
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What for?
Old 5 Apr 2019, 04:45 (Ref:3895372)   #185
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
May I ask why "Stripteaser"? Is it a pun like strip and teaser? By the way not sure Saint Etienne is far South of France tho… Far from Coventry I should admit!
You’ve got it. Strip (Drag strip) and teaser (from verb tease- or to make fun of).

It was a great name for a dragster!
Old 5 Apr 2019, 05:23 (Ref:3895380)   #186
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks Mike, yep great find. Not obvious at first glance for a foreigner.

As to strip-tease, Duddah, I hope every important person other than you did notice your FIA embroiled shirt. The HTP's can be checked from your office but what about the real compliancy then?
On your arrival did you grab the mike and shout "THIS IS THE FIA SPEAKING HERE"? If yes the tiniest bird in the area must be checking her feather…
Old 5 Apr 2019, 07:19 (Ref:3895410)   #187
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Going to share as it's public knowledge?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
One of my drivers is on the list.He is understandably very upset.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 07:36 (Ref:3895415)   #188
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know three of the names and one of them deserves it. He's not invited this year.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3895418)   #189
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter, may I ask for the information to be shared privately please?

Best, Louis.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3895420)   #190
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Mike, yep great find. Not obvious at first glance for a foreigner.

As to strip-tease, Duddah, I hope every important person other than you did notice your FIA embroiled shirt. The HTP's can be checked from your office but what about the real compliancy then?
On your arrival did you grab the mike and shout "THIS IS THE FIA SPEAKING HERE"? If yes the tiniest bird in the area must be checking her feather…
I won't react other than saying things are straight in my own farm, grass is green, house is clean, the animals are happy and the food supply is above average.

But the neighbours should stop being bothered only by the look of their house when the grass looks brown, that the interior isn't clean, that the animals are unhappy and food supply is getting shorter...

The local council should also get their men to concentrate on neighborhood patrols rather than speeding tickets on the roads around town...
Old 5 Apr 2019, 08:28 (Ref:3895429)   #191
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
Peter, may I ask for the information to be shared privately please?

Best, Louis.
Certainly. But I don't intend naming names here anyway.

Louis. Oops
Old 6 Apr 2019, 12:00 (Ref:3895682)   #192
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No live feed this year?
Old 6 Apr 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3895683)   #193
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
No live feed this year?
Think this was discussed earlier. You gottta pay.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3895689)   #194
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
You gottta pay.

I do like these 'Smiles' stuff
Old 6 Apr 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3895696)   #195
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to pay?

Lol, they must be really struggling. #facepalm
Old 6 Apr 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3895739)   #196
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Goody youtube account is indicating a couple of the races being live on their channel

Goodwood youtube channel link

Some highlights already up....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8r...U-pTJ6p7WNiv6w

Edit: cant see the races links mentioned previously showing now now.... unless they are in progress or already happened.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3895745)   #197
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Chris, I enjoyed that.shame he got a box of neutrals 3 laps from the end. Not sure what happened to the two cars in front . Looked like the one behind rode up the other car. hey what do i know.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3895758)   #198
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think we have a free live stream about to start...

77th Goodwood Members' Meeting - Gerry Marshall Trophy #77MM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfowDJl0pwA

Countdown clock says 2 mins

Edit: Seems like they are kidding. Now I get a link that takes me to a join the Fellows website and watch it.

Last edited by E.B; 6 Apr 2019 at 17:53.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3895759)   #199
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a joke that live stream was (so far).

and still.

Saying its the full race and giving us an onboard. Great but not what is seemed and showed.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 6 Apr 2019 at 18:01.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 17:58 (Ref:3895761)   #200
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm a full member and I cant watch anything