Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who could grow the best beard?
Webber 50 84.75%
Vettel 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 2009, 19:51 (Ref:2573633)   #1276
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Just out of interest, why is he called Potsie? Never did understand that.
TV Show Happy Days - The character "Potsie", his last name was Webber...
Old 1 Nov 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2573756)   #1277
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just out of interest, why is he called Potsie? Never did understand that.
only one person seems to call him that... it hasn't caught on yet and I doubt it will.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2573778)   #1278
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Final race of the year and Vet had the legs on Potsie.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 23:26 (Ref:2573785)   #1279
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Done To Seb, Also Well done to Mark, that last lap was heart in your mouth stuff, he had that car by the neck and did a good job on ailing tyres and brakes to keep button behind. I must also say the post race press conference was a funny event also, Seb, Mark and Jenson all giving it to one another, was quite good to see.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2573844)   #1280
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

Fwiw, i do really like Mark, i'm pleased for him with the season he's had, pole position, a couple of wins, but it's just his luck that when he finally gets (possibly) the best car on the grid he's teamed up with the guy who may well be the best driver in F1 (if not now, then definately in the future!).
Yep, I reckon that sums up the whole thread perfectly!
Old 4 Nov 2009, 14:05 (Ref:2575629)   #1281
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 5 Nov 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2576692)   #1282
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That might be the truth.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2576707)   #1283
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, to keep the thread thriving, who's going to come out top next year? Will Vettel ascend to a higher plane, and has Webber any more to give?
Old 5 Nov 2009, 23:50 (Ref:2576728)   #1284
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
So, to keep the thread thriving, who's going to come out top next year? Will Vettel ascend to a higher plane, and has Webber any more to give?
I read that Webbo still has 'stuff' to be removed from his leg suggesting that he still ain't in top nick then, so he will start 2010 better than this season and ought to be challenging from the off.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2576731)   #1285
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plus I've got a feeling next year's rules aren't necessarily going to suit Sebastian. This year he proved to be harder on his tyres than Mark and that may be exacerbated next year
Old 6 Nov 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2576743)   #1286
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
This year he proved to be harder on his tyres than Mark and that may be exacerbated next year
Although it was Webber that seemed to be going backwards on the softer option tyre in Abu dhabi.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2576752)   #1287
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Although it was Webber that seemed to be going backwards on the softer option tyre in Abu dhabi.
At the risk of sounding like a Webber fanboi, I think I remember the commentators saying he was doing the same pace as Vettel at the end (until those final couple of defensive laps) on the softer tires, and that the Brawn was faster than both, as opposed to Webber being alot slower than Vettel.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2576761)   #1288
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
At the risk of sounding like a Webber fanboi, I think I remember the commentators saying he was doing the same pace as Vettel at the end (until those final couple of defensive laps) on the softer tires, and that the Brawn was faster than both, as opposed to Webber being alot slower than Vettel.
Vettel was no doubt 'stroking it home' at that point (dodgy Renault engines remember), whereas Webber didn't really have that luxury.

Button should have done his first two stints on the softer tyre.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 01:59 (Ref:2576769)   #1289
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Vettel was no doubt 'stroking it home' at that point (dodgy Renault engines remember), whereas Webber didn't really have that luxury.
True, it's possible/likely.