Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Jun 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3425784)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Rallycross R5 - Holjes, Sweden

Another "record" entry:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...-for-#holjesrx

40 Supercars
27 Super 1600
25 Touring Cars
14 Lites
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3425821)   #2
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come? Höljes had a SC entry of 46 in 2008 and of 45 in 2010...
BTW, I count 41 SC in that list...
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3425822)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
That's why I call it a "record" entry.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 10:00 (Ref:3425824)   #4
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Was thinking "quote"...
Old 24 Jun 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3425828)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ah - but that wasn't the world championship was it? Technically if only 1 driver had entered the first round this year that would still have been a "record" entry. New championship - all stats start from zero!

Still - pedantry aside that's a good entry list
Old 24 Jun 2014, 10:15 (Ref:3425836)   #6
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote: "Never before have so many Supercars lined up for the 'Magic Weekend' in Holjes."

'Magic Weekend' is a pretty old tag for the Höljes event...
Old 24 Jun 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3425853)   #7
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to seeing Stian Haugan, he has pretty much dominated the Supernational class the last few years in Norway and is always fast when I get to see him in action. I wonder though if the Focus of Tiger will be ready in time, people tend to underestimate the amount of work that needs to be done on a Supercar
Old 24 Jun 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3425864)   #8
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeanney in at LD Motorsport and no Skorupski!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3425917)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
Jeanney in at LD Motorsport and no Skorupski!
Just seen an official statement over on Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Jeanney Facebook
I'm very please to introduce you my team for Holjes RX, I'm looking forward to test that new car for me, it's a great opportunity to join this very famous Monster Energy World RX Team with Liam Doran.

I am very pleased to introduce you to my team for the Holjes test, I'm looking forward to testing this new car, this is an excellent opportunity to join the famous team Monster Energy with Liam Doran.
Just a "test"? Is Krzysztof Skorupski just out for a single round then, or permanently out?
Old 24 Jun 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3425929)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest, Finland is before this round.

How about a bit more interest in there than this place?

I would love to go here, but wouldnt on principle, that commentator does my head in, it's not damn football!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3425982)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
To be honest, Finland is before this round.

How about a bit more interest in there than this place?
Apologies. I'll ensure I wait until Monday before posting any more questions.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 23:46 (Ref:3426083)   #12
sashchris
Rookie

England
newton aycliffe
sashchris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think Skorupski is out of money !
Old 2 Jul 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3429428)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
I would love to go here, but wouldnt on principle, that commentator does my head in, it's not damn football!
I would really like to do all of the Scandinavian rounds, but especially Finland and especially Sweden.

ClintonRX (very helpfully) gave me the lowdown on how he did a trip to Sweden, but the cost is a bit much for me. It seems an essential pilgrimage for any rallycross fan though, so one day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashchris View Post
Think Skorupski is out of money !
I caught a few comments on the Livestream that his seat is under threat? Hopefully the result in Finland will buy him some more time. With him out for Sweden, I hope the car proves reliable for Jeanney. I would really like to see Davy back in action and on the pace.

Solberg could do with a good weekend as Nitiss is starting to edge out at the front of the Championship. Marklund Motorsport seem to be finding more consistency, so perhaps they can challenge OMSE in the teams stakes. Have to admit that, although I wanted to see OMSE do well this year, I hadn't expected them to be so strong.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3429436)   #14
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rallycross at Höljes - forest track is located away from it all, but there may be over the weekend of 40 000 spectators.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3429457)   #15
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Current spectator record, according to Finnskoga MK, is the 29,200 of last year...
Old 2 Jul 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3429478)   #16
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having worked with Andreas I was incredibly impressed with his preparation, attention to detail and constant push for improvement. Everything about OMSE is top notch with no short cuts and winning is never enough. He also has great partners in Ford, Mountune, etc.

More impressively he has managed to run GRC, WRX and Swedish teams without appearing over stressed. In fact I wonder if all this additional competition - plus all the testing that they do - is actually helping them against others who are 'only' testing and competing in WRX. Every time we ran with OMSE the car was better at each event so 2x the events has to help in accelerating the evolution of the total package.

I must admit that i have been very impressed by Ntiss. Bakkerud showed last year what he can do but losing Foust and Topi I thought may hurt them and wondered if they would pick up a Timur or someone with experience but Andreas has had a long held belief in youth and early in the season but this seems to be paying off.

Of course the downside of this level of professionalism is that it rapdily becomes haves and have nots. WRX has been great this year and hope the entry levels continue to be high in numbers and quality.

Mark
Old 4 Jul 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3430223)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Just when I thought I had my head around all the pre-season driver transfers, there seems to be movement again.

Krzysztof Skorupski looks to be out for at least two rounds - with Jeanney in his seat - now I see this post has just popped up on the ERC24 Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC24 Facebook
We just got this picture from an ERC24 fan at Höljes...

I had just commented, when this was added to the picture description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC 24 Facebook
Statement from PSRX: "This weekend PSRX is also set to start with two cars for the team championship, but Alexander Hvaal has decided to run his own Rallycross car in the next two races (Höljes and Mettet), after the results are missing so far this season. I wish Alex luck, it's been nice to have him in the team, and it will be interesting to see his further development."
I wonder who is taking the seat in the second Solberg car?
Old 4 Jul 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3430235)   #18
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
The PSRX press release did not mention another driver for the second DS3.
Therefore, we expect Hvaal to count with his 2013 car for PSRX in the team championship.
The Hansen Motorsport DS3 is run for Hvaal by Swede Joel Christoffersson, known for his cooperation with Travis Pastrana in GRC (Dodge Darts).
Old 4 Jul 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3430246)   #19
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way i read this : i wish Alex luck, it's been nice to have him in the team, and it will be interesting to see his further development

=> i would think Hvaal is racing on his own and not for PSRX since Holjes. So who will be in the second PSRX-car? Wildcards from Mettet on?
Old 4 Jul 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3430248)   #20
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyloverke View Post
The way i read this : i wish Alex luck, it's been nice to have him in the team, and it will be interesting to see his further development

=> i would think Hvaal is racing on his own and not for PSRX since Holjes. So who will be in the second PSRX-car? Wildcards from Mettet on?
That's how I read it as well.

Guru is getting the information first-hand though, so I'll go with his theory for now!
Old 4 Jul 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3430284)   #21
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
The quote by PSRX is a translation from Norwegian to English. Therefore, one cannot be 100% sure how they handle all. I was told, there is no second DS3 with PSRX at Höljes.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3430301)   #22
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have sorted it out. Apparently Hvaal will score points for PSRX at Holjes and Mettet. There will be a replacement from Canada on.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3430350)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The Hansen Motorsport DS3 is run for Hvaal by Swede Joel Christoffersson, known for his cooperation with Travis Pastrana in GRC (Dodge Darts).
Is this the reason Faren switched to a C4?

Old 5 Jul 2014, 07:29 (Ref:3430474)   #24
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a guess because Hvaal is using his DS3 from last year
Old 5 Jul 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3430489)   #25
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
I'm pretty certain that the decision of Hvaal to race his 2013 DS3 from now on was not taken before Finland, while the decision of Färén to race the old C4 in Sweden was not taken after Finland. I don't know how many of the Hansen Motorsport Citroën SuperCars are still with them, or with Joel Christoffersson now, but I doubt that the Hvaal and Färén decisions are related to each other.