Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 25 Jun 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3746594)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA F2 round 4 Baku

Have to say, the sprint race was absolutely superb!
Old 25 Jun 2017, 11:05 (Ref:3746599)   #2
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Have to say, the sprint race was absolutely superb!
It is fun watching a driver put in such a fantastic performance that Leclerc did. Spent the first 10 laps just being patient, waiting for Sirotkin to do something on King. Wasn't going to happen so he had to put in two daring moves on Markelov who just about wrecked trying to get the position back (why he fought so hard I don't know) and Sirotkin (who sensibly backed out at the last second). Good to see Nato get the win though, he deserved that.

The penalty on Leclerc was pretty silly. Probably similar to Rowland. Unfortunately I missed the feature race, it seems it was on earlier than normal.

Hey I hate to keep harping on but Leclrec drops to 10th at the start and eventually runs 53s out of traffic... Fuoco passes a total of 4 cars the entire race to finish 13th. Ouch, how demoralised must he be feeling? I looked at his times a couple of times and he wasn't even within DRS zone of other drivers. I think Prema need to replace him if possible. Anyone would take that seat.

Shame for De Vries to go out. Also we missed a good battle for the lead between Nato/Rowland and later Leclerc joining in. I'm not sure Nato really had the pace though, he was closing but once Rowland went out his lap times were pretty poor. Think he might have pushed the tyres a bit hard. Only the penalty on Charles gave him the win.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3746600)   #3
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
I agree Leclerc was in a class of his own, the Prema does seem to be head and shoulders above the rest in his hands, i have never rated Fuoco though. As for Nato not having the pace, i am pretty sure he was the second fastest guy out there lap time wise, he does deserve a bit of luck in my opinion, he certainly got it today.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3746888)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Rare equipment failures. That sort of thing can end drivers title hopes. Usually in this series it's driver errors or lack of performance that decides it.

The Leclerc car is on a different plane. Quite staggering. He's a great talent but it's definitely assisted by a mega super sweet car set up or something that noone else understands.

Why was Sirotkin back? I missed all the pre race cobblers.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3746899)   #5
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Why was Sirotkin back? I missed all the pre race cobblers.
Alexander Albon was very injured from a mountain bike accident. Collarbone broke and that's where the seat belt goes so he stepped down. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130275

He hopes to be back for Austria
Old 26 Jun 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3747057)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not really relevant but so much love for davide valsecchi's commentary, what a hero
Old 26 Jun 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3747070)   #7
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
not really relevant but so much love for davide valsecchi's commentary, what a hero
Absolutely, first time i have heard him, he was fantastic wasn't he!
Old 26 Jun 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3747080)   #8
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Absolutely, first time i have heard him, he was fantastic wasn't he!
Racing's loss is commentaries gain. He does the Italian F1 commentary but Sky UK/Italia/Deutschland work together so share.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3747127)   #9
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I like the applause that you hear off-mic from time to time, it's nice to hear someone with so much enthusiasm. It's funny how his commentary makes more sense than Alex Jacques', despite English not being his first language.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3747218)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's great isn't it?

It's like he's watching something he's never seen before and is constant wonderment!!
Old 30 Jun 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3748034)   #11
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The Leclerc car is on a different plane. Quite staggering. He's a great talent but it's definitely assisted by a mega super sweet car set up or something that noone else understands.

It's curious you've decided to give credit to the car and not driver. How can you be so certain of that; after all, the team had 2 front runners last year. Why would the team throw everything into Leclerc at the expense of Fuoco?

It seems more obvious to me that Leclerc is simply doing the best job out there, albeit with the best team.
Old 1 Jul 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3748117)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
It's curious you've decided to give credit to the car and not driver. How can you be so certain of that; after all, the team had 2 front runners last year. Why would the team throw everything into Leclerc at the expense of Fuoco?

It seems more obvious to me that Leclerc is simply doing the best job out there, albeit with the best team.
Because it's not possible to be that much better than the field on talent alone. The series is too inconsistent for that.

He is a bloody good driver though, of that i do not doubt.

But he is not the only one.