Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Jul 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1652312)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Newey's accident in Le Mans (unhurt)

I'v just read about Newey's accident in Le Mans during a Classic Cars race. The more important part of it is Adrian is ok, although it apparently was a pretty big accident at 180 mph in Mulsanne straight. Newey was driving a Ford GT40

The side that interests me is Adrian's passion for cars, not only as a superb designer (a top F1 designer), but driving them as well. I remind when AN first appeared in F1 I somehow thought he was one of those "scientific" engineers only interested in theoretical approach to aero equations, and no worrying about if it was for a F1 car or for a can of coke (aero equations?? who knows ).

After that I knew he in fact liked the racing side, and loved cars. And I admit reading he is driving a Ford GT40 in classic races I like the man even more.

It's a shame Williams doesn't have AN aboard, like in the good old days, but, of course they all (Williams, Newey) know much better than me.