Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Jan 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3010878)   #1751
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't really follow GA that much outside Daytona so I can't say too muh about him, but welcome addition nevertheless. However having a rookie paired with still accident-prone Milner could once again mean that they are very much underpowered compared to the #74 line/up (or #64 if we get our regular numbers back)
Old 12 Jan 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3010885)   #1752
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Good news, this guy along with this brother Ricky are super-fast in Grand Am and have tons of talent. Two of the most talented Young American sports car racers racing today.
Aren´t they South Africans (like their father)?
Old 12 Jan 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3010886)   #1753
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Aren´t they South Africans (like their father)?
Nope, both Americans and race under the American flag.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3010892)   #1754
ronnie peterson
Rookie

Turkey
Istanbul
ronnie peterson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the full press release from the team.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...rvette-racing/

Garcia, Gavin, Magnussen and Miller confirmed for ALMS. Westbrook and Taylor will both be third drivers for major races like Sebring, Le Mans and PLM.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3010893)   #1755
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DSC posts a press release from Corvette with the drivers for 2012. Jordan is the only newbie.

So I'm guessing we will see:

- Garcia + Milner
- Magnussen + Gavin

Enduros:
With Westbrook joining Magnussen and Gavin
Jordan joining the other 2

Or do we foresee a mix-up? The young guns (Garcia not so young but fresher in the Vettes) sounds exciting if not dangerous!
Old 12 Jan 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3010895)   #1756
ronnie peterson
Rookie

Turkey
Istanbul
ronnie peterson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't Garcia confirmed for a full season effort in Corvette DP ? I believe there are a few clashing dates between Grand-AM and ALMS.

PS: I think that the recent press release also means that they won't be chasing WEC as most of us expected. Doug Fehan said they were looking into it but it seems like they haven't been able to secure the funding afterall.

Last edited by ronnie peterson; 12 Jan 2012 at 20:56.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3010925)   #1757
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Really happy for Jordan! Now if Ricky can get a quality LMP-ride somewhere...
Old 13 Jan 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3011325)   #1758
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the final year of the Sixth Generation Corvette and 60th Anniversary coming up in 2013, I sure hope they dump the yellow and return to the good ol' USA white with blue stripes:

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 20 Jan 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3014690)   #1759
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corvette Lineups:

#3: Magnussen, Garcia, (Taylor)
#4: Gavin, Milner, (Westbrook)

http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|16468

Interesting. I give the edge to the #3 car, but we'll see.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3014747)   #1760
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So they split up Gavin and Magnussen to distribute the experience or for some other reason?
Old 20 Jan 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3014749)   #1761
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
So they split up Gavin and Magnussen to distribute the experience or for some other reason?
Quote:
"As part of our comprehensive review of Corvette Racing, we considered every element of the program, from the chassis and engine to the driver pairings," said GM Racing Director Mark Kent. "Preseason testing and data analysis suggested that a revised driver alignment could improve the team's overall performance. Certainly physical size is a factor in minimizing the time required for driver changes during pit stops, but we also evaluated the drivers' individual styles and their preferences on chassis setups. With these pairings, we can minimize compromises and maximize driver confidence.

"This new alignment also combines experienced and younger drivers," Kent added. "We expect the veteran drivers to mentor the younger drivers, accelerating the process of learning and development."
Old 21 Jan 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3014869)   #1762
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
When you think about the mistakes Milner made last year, Gavin would be the better combo for him since he's very disciplined. Jan is too but he's also a 'beast' so Milner could get him fired up into driving like him heheh.

Will be interested to see how those 2 get on.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3014875)   #1763
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Corvette Lineups:

#3: Magnussen, Garcia, (Taylor)
#4: Gavin, Milner, (Westbrook)

Interesting. I give the edge to the #3 car, but we'll see.
I'm not sure if I like that, I'd rather have one GREAT line-up with Gavin/Magnussen(/Westbrook) than two "pretty good" they are planning to use now.

#3 might have an edge on regular ALMS races but t's gotta be #4 at Le Mans, thanks to Richard
Old 21 Jan 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3014888)   #1764
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'm not sure if I like that, I'd rather have one GREAT line-up with Gavin/Magnussen(/Westbrook) than two "pretty good" they are planning to use now.

#3 might have an edge on regular ALMS races but t's gotta be #4 at Le Mans, thanks to Richard
I disagree.
#3 will keep the edge at Le Mans because of Magnussen.
When the morning hours arrive (03-10) and Magnussen gets his second drive, he will set things straight.
Some weird reason, it's the morning hours where Tom and Magnussen does their magic.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3014891)   #1765
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I disagree.
#3 will keep the edge at Le Mans because of Magnussen.
When the morning hours arrive (03-10) and Magnussen gets his second drive, he will set things straight.
Some weird reason, it's the morning hours where Tom and Magnussen does their magic.
Yes, Jan's morning effort sure was magical last year

I can agree that Magnussen+Garcia is more stable pair than Gavin+Milner, but Gavin+Westbrook beats Magnussen+Garcia. Both cars now have one so-called weak link, #3 has a rookie and #4 a guy that is still somewhat accident-prone.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3014895)   #1766
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes, Jan's morning effort sure was magical last year

I can agree that Magnussen+Garcia is more stable pair than Gavin+Milner, but Gavin+Westbrook beats Magnussen+Garcia. Both cars now have one so-called weak link, #3 has a rookie and #4 a guy that is still somewhat accident-prone.
If you think of the crash, well that wasn't Jan's fault, it was a mechanical failure.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3014900)   #1767
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
If you think of the crash, well that wasn't Jan's fault, it was a mechanical failure.
What? No it wasn't.

He did drive over some curbs but that whole situation was pretty messy.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3014902)   #1768
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Haha very partisan response. Same type of mechanical failure Davidson had the year before in Porsche Curves maybe?
Old 21 Jan 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3014910)   #1769
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Haha very partisan response. Same type of mechanical failure Davidson had the year before in Porsche Curves maybe?
Maybe the Corvette mechanics accidentally put on Magnussen's car some suspension parts from Collard's damaged car from 2010...

*ducks*
Old 21 Jan 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3014913)   #1770
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought I remembered the DSC twitter account saying that something broke when Jan took the curb hard trying to get a run on the Porsche...?
Old 21 Jan 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3014967)   #1771
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
When Chiana spoke about accident-prone he was talking about #4, aka, Tommy Milner.

I honestly think Oliver will be a much better role model for Tommy now then Olivier.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3015015)   #1772
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Jan has himself described the crash, as a mechnical failure, when he took it over the grass, As he had no steering controll any longer, and therefor could not avoid the Porsche.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 23:31 (Ref:3018692)   #1773
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love the pairing of Garcia with Magnussen. They will both fly and I believe they will win a few races this coming year.

DK
Old 21 Mar 2012, 04:33 (Ref:3045767)   #1774
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, 3 months later and we have great performances from all of the Corvettes at Sebring! Milner was absolutely on fire this year, but everyone (including Taylor) did magnificently. It looks like evening out the skill between the cars really helped the overall pace, plus the widebody kits are helping to stabilize the car. It's definitely going to be hot heading into Long Beach.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3045860)   #1775
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I agree, apart from the very funny pitlane incident Corvette Racing looked very solid.