Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Mar 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2649729)   #1
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ex-driver stewards in 2010

The first ex-driver steward (remember that addition?) this weekend is none other than Sir Wonky Nose himself, Alain Prost
Old 11 Mar 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2649731)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2649754)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A man of experience.
Which other former F1 champions will they line up for the job? Mansell? Jacques Villeneuve? Hakkinen?
Old 12 Mar 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2649987)   #4
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
The first ex-driver steward (remember that addition?) this weekend is none other than Sir Wonky Nose himself, Alain Prost
This worries me, in the same way that part of F1's issue with Todt being voted in as President of the FIA, was would he show bias towards Ferrari.
Would Prost show bias against Ferrari for sacking him? Would he resent being forced out of Williams for Senna?

Would Mansell still bear a grudge against Williams and Renault for forcing him out of Williams in 93?

Surely there must be other members of the committee??
Old 12 Mar 2010, 01:19 (Ref:2650008)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
This worries me, in the same way that part of F1's issue with Todt being voted in as President of the FIA, was would he show bias towards Ferrari.
Would Prost show bias against Ferrari for sacking him? Would he resent being forced out of Williams for Senna?

Would Mansell still bear a grudge against Williams and Renault for forcing him out of Williams in 93?

All those guys are revengeful and frustated in their miserable lives, that's the perfect opportunity for payback.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 02:14 (Ref:2650019)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I never thought of The Professor as being vengeful. I'd be rather saddened if he stooped to that level.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2650283)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I never thought of The Professor as being vengeful. I'd be rather saddened if he stooped to that level.
So you got my point...
Old 12 Mar 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2650303)   #8
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post

Alain Prost, part of the stewards committee, hm not sure if it's actually perfect but should be a thousand times better than anything we have had recently. After all the perfect is the enemy of the good.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2650308)   #9
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
has to be good news finally someone who knows what its like from the drivers point of view
Old 12 Mar 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2650441)   #10
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damon Hill will do 2 races, including Monaco - he's got a tough job there with all the inevitable complaints about blocking in Q1
Old 12 Mar 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2650517)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Prosty, Damon! Wah! If we are having this then they are good choices.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2650547)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Prosty, Damon! Wah! If we are having this then they are good choices.
Prost and Damon?

Maybe Hill will get the gig for a certain race, then he will have a problem, then Prost will cruise through and take the glory?
Old 12 Mar 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2650556)   #13
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villeneuve would have been a good choice, as would Coulthard. Oh, wait... I remember now.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2650680)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Herbert's been mentioned.

I actually think Irvine and Montoya would be sound choices too.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2650701)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is worse than Knowlesy's sarcasm.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2650728)   #16
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe we should just be thankful that TGF is back in the cockpit
Old 13 Mar 2010, 03:51 (Ref:2650785)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strange that no-one though to invite Piquet Sr. as ex-driver steward.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 04:02 (Ref:2650787)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They'll probably invite him to Singapore.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2651065)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
They've had a chat with Mansell. For some reason I feel less comfortable about that.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2651142)   #20
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Strange that no-one though to invite Piquet Sr. as ex-driver steward.
They'll perhaps get some sort of two for the price of one deal here as Piquet Jr is also now an ex-F1 driver...