Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Jun 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3980868)   #2851
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Huron, TVR Chimaera, Lotus, ?, Van Diemen and Renault Clio. As said before, absolutely no link between those and certainly not with Rallycross!

Bob, your pic #4 is not a Seven is it? More likely a MK VI, right?
The Chimaera & Clio are the only ones correct.Sorry.
Old 8 Jun 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3980870)   #2852
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well the first one is a Chiron, it says it on the side!

And I reckon it is a Six not a Seven, look at the rear wheel arches. Although that's not the quiz is it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Jun 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3980872)   #2853
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Right, its not! But you know the kind madness we have here, one question brings an answer to another non asked question! Bob's our uncle!!
Old 8 Jun 2020, 21:26 (Ref:3980895)   #2854
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Bob, your pic #4 is not a Seven is it? More likely a MK VI, right?

It is a series 1 Seven. You don't see them that often but it is definitely not a Mk VI. Just look at the front suspension, the VI had the old split beam axle, the Seven introduced double wishbones about the same time that the Eleven adopted such a set up for the Series 2 Eleven.
Old 8 Jun 2020, 22:03 (Ref:3980902)   #2855
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Huron, TVR Chimaera, Lotus, ?, Van Diemen and Renault Clio. As said before, absolutely no link between those and certainly not with Rallycross!
The TVR is a Cerbera not Chimaera.

And the answer to the challenge is ...
Old 9 Jun 2020, 05:09 (Ref:3980921)   #2856
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
It is a series 1 Seven. You don't see them that often but it is definitely not a Mk VI.
Thanks Brian, will pay more attention to the front suspension next time. As you say, not the car you can frequently spot.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 06:33 (Ref:3980926)   #2857
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The TVR is a Cerbera not Chimaera.

And the answer to the challenge is ...
It says it's a Cerbera on the front of the car.

The car names are all derived from Greek Mythology?
Old 9 Jun 2020, 07:46 (Ref:3980931)   #2858
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

OOPs Sorry. I was looking at pictures of both cars at the time but you are corect.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 07:55 (Ref:3980932)   #2859
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
1000cc Brabham F3's

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brabham BT18 Andrew Hibberd (2).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	599.9 KB
ID:	61826Click image for larger version

Name:	Brabham BT18A Christop Widmer.JPG
Size:	666.0 KB
ID:	61827Click image for larger version

Name:	Brabham BT21 John Milicevic  (2).jpg
Size:	677.5 KB
ID:	61828
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brabham BT28 Ben Mitchell  .JPG
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	61829Click image for larger version

Name:	Brabham BT28 Lief Bosson  .JPG
Size:	625.6 KB
ID:	61830Click image for larger version

Name:	Brabham BT21A Peter Thompson   (1).JPG
Views:	4
Size:	522.3 KB
ID:	61831
Old 9 Jun 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3980939)   #2860
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
1000cc Brabham F3's
I got one.... they are all Brabham F3's. Oh hang on you told us that....
Old 9 Jun 2020, 09:01 (Ref:3980944)   #2861
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not my own pictures, but hopefully in the right spirit of the thread.

6 cars, all linked by what?

Old 9 Jun 2020, 10:35 (Ref:3980966)   #2862
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I was thinking of leaving this to puzzle people a little longer but that would be my observation too (more or less accurate) I think. Cerbera is a little questionable for Cerberus but probably close enough!

I haven't spotted a plant based link so I think mythology will suffice. Probably a nuance of translation from Ancient Greek.

Chiron, Cerbera, Nike, Titan, Zeus, Clio.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3980967)   #2863
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Cerbera is a little questionable for Cerberus but probably close enough!
Wikipedia suggests - 'The name [Cerbera] is derived from Cerberus the three-headed beast of Greek legend that guarded the entrance of Hades.'

And just to keep some pictures in the posts:

Cerberus -

Chimera -
Old 9 Jun 2020, 14:37 (Ref:3980990)   #2864
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Wikipedia suggests - 'The name [Cerbera] is derived from Cerberus the three-headed beast of Greek legend that guarded the entrance of Hades.'

And just to keep some pictures in the posts:

Cerberus -

Chimera -

Indeed, though as I recall the wheelbase of the Cerbera is somewhat longer than the Chimaera to accommodate the 2+ almost 2 configuration.

Nevertheless if one searches for Cerbera the alternative primary reference seems to be this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerbera

Old 9 Jun 2020, 14:50 (Ref:3980992)   #2865
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Nevertheless if one searches for Cerbera the alternative primary reference seems to be this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerbera

I'm detecting another link:
Lotus, Cerbera, Nissan Laurel, Clan Clover, Triump Mayflower, Daf Daffodil.

Although when a Nissan Leaf gets into this thread some might baulk?
Old 9 Jun 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3981001)   #2866
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
I'm detecting another link:
Lotus, Cerbera, Nissan Laurel, Clan Clover, Triump Mayflower, Daf Daffodil.

Although when a Nissan Leaf gets into this thread some might baulk?
I will scrap the flower one now!
Old 9 Jun 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3981002)   #2867
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I will scrap the flower one now!
Leave it a week. We'll all have forgotten!
Old 9 Jun 2020, 16:57 (Ref:3981007)   #2868
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Leave it a week. We'll all have forgotten!

Forgotten what?
Old 9 Jun 2020, 18:02 (Ref:3981018)   #2869
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What is the question, please…
Old 9 Jun 2020, 18:36 (Ref:3981023)   #2870
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

6 cars, all linked by what?

[
A passion for motor sport?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Jun 2020, 18:41 (Ref:3981026)   #2871
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
? Essex, Ulster, Buckingham, Windsor, Westminster, Daytona (or one of a dozen other US Models)
Old 9 Jun 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3981028)   #2872
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
? Essex, Ulster, Buckingham, Windsor, Westminster, Daytona (or one of a dozen other US Models)
Ulster and Westminster correct. 4 to go....
Old 9 Jun 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3981033)   #2873
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Monte Carlo? All named after a county or castle or town?
Old 9 Jun 2020, 19:34 (Ref:3981036)   #2874
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Monte Carlo? All named after a county or castle or town?
Not Monte Carlo, but you are right with the link (just). All share a name with a place in the British Isles.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 20:05 (Ref:3981037)   #2875
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OH we have Bristol- yes?