Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Aug 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1689018)   #176
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm surprised by the lack of enthusiasm being shown for the support races this weekend. The opening round of the Radical World Cup and the Classic Endurance Racing races seem appropriate to me, I'm thoroughly looking forward to both.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1689055)   #177
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please compare with the Nuerburgring support program.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1689118)   #178
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what would you like to see support LMS - Brit GT would have been good - Open saloons or DTRC (going overseas for them)
Old 22 Aug 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1689162)   #179
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
A round of the Group C championship ...... Porsche cup might be a nice idea ?
Old 22 Aug 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1689165)   #180
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
LMSR are reporting that ..... Moller and Keen for Lister . Kiesa has jumped ship to DTM .

Moller is saying that there is new mods and a top 5 position is possible

Not a chance in hell ..... imo !!!

Last edited by The Badger; 22 Aug 2006 at 22:29.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 05:30 (Ref:1689287)   #181
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Please compare with the Nuerburgring support program.
Erm...........Classic Formula Ford and Toyota Yaris Cup!
Old 23 Aug 2006, 06:51 (Ref:1689303)   #182
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger

Someone of depaddock.net forum emailed them and got this answer:
Quote:
We keep on working to improve the car and the front end has changed appearances - although the radiators have not moved to the sidepods. Windtunnel testing before Donington next weekend.

And a change of driver for this race.

We miss racing the GT Storm too but an FIA season is very expensive and the people who have the money all want to drive (or sponsor) Astons!
I really hope they went to the windtunnel to finally resolve the aero problems of the front.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1689350)   #183
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Probably won't be able to go, but what an entry list, I had no idea the series was this serious!!

It's like a who's who of upcoming talent from the 80's and 90's!!

Only 6 GT1 cars but all of them have at least one ace in the line up!

And Bouchut in a GT2 Porsche? what's that all about then?

Nice to see guys like Kev McGarrity are still about in quick machinery,
Old 23 Aug 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1689419)   #184
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Okay, call me an optimist but inherently that car should be quicker than the ProTran and while it's nothing like as quick as the Chamberlain Lola I've still got a couple of questions about how sorted that car is (I suspect they haven't benefited from the same sort of development as Dyson has put into it), possibly allowing the Lister, over 1000km, to get somewhere.

If that can be achieved, and they stay reliable, then I can certainly see two of the Courages and one of the Creations hitting moderately serious trouble, and I generally operate on the principle that at some stage over a season one car will have an absolute horror of a race (Creation at Spa this year, Pescarolo at Silverstone last year for example) which in my eyes makes getting it to the top 5 (in class) just about feasible and a not unreasonable ambition.

At least they're not claiming it's going to win anything...
Old 23 Aug 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1689420)   #185
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Sorry - I appeared to double post - so deleted superfluous one...
Old 23 Aug 2006, 15:03 (Ref:1689672)   #186
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Okay, call me an optimist but inherently that car should be quicker than the ProTran and while it's nothing like as quick as the Chamberlain Lola I've still got a couple of questions about how sorted that car is (I suspect they haven't benefited from the same sort of development as Dyson has put into it), possibly allowing the Lister, over 1000km, to get somewhere.

If that can be achieved, and they stay reliable, then I can certainly see two of the Courages and one of the Creations hitting moderately serious trouble, and I generally operate on the principle that at some stage over a season one car will have an absolute horror of a race (Creation at Spa this year, Pescarolo at Silverstone last year for example) which in my eyes makes getting it to the top 5 (in class) just about feasible and a not unreasonable ambition.

At least they're not claiming it's going to win anything...

Ah , but your forgeting about LMP2 and the GT1 teams , most of which are faster than the Lister .
Old 23 Aug 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1689677)   #187
The Badger
Veteran

Creation have Kevin McGarritty partnered with Minnassian . Hope they put them into the older tub , might be a more sorted chassis . Great line up
Old 23 Aug 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1689778)   #188
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Creation have Kevin McGarritty partnered with Minnassian . Hope they put them into the older tub , might be a more sorted chassis . Great line up

Creations boss was saying on DSC what a big commitment running two cars is, and how it's a neccessary step for the team and series.

By this I assume they WILL be racing in the LMS next season, even if the hybrids are snapped up for an ALMS campaign.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1690002)   #189
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1653

Still looking OK.

At least it won't be bloody freezing!
Old 23 Aug 2006, 23:44 (Ref:1690046)   #190
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1653

Still looking OK.

At least it won't be bloody freezing!
There's a dirty great big black cloud with a rain symbol and you say that's ok?
Old 24 Aug 2006, 07:17 (Ref:1690133)   #191
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Creation have Kevin McGarritty partnered with Minnassian. Hope they put them into the older tub, might be a more sorted chassis. Great line up.
Tomas Serwin had other family commitments, but he could race for Creation in the future.
source: http://www.the-paddock.net/content/view/240521/49/

Kevin McGarritty was supposed to drive for Protan. Does his move to Creation change anything for them?

Last edited by gwyllion; 24 Aug 2006 at 07:19.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1690170)   #192
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Ah , but your forgeting about LMP2 and the GT1 teams , most of which are faster than the Lister .
Indeed - hence my caveat of "in class"... Looking at LMP2 actually raises some interesting questions, an interview with Nic Minassian on Endurance-Info indicated that he reckoned an LMP2, with a bit of luck, could pull a surprise result off at Donington and win the thing outright. I'd be very surprised (and not necessarily in a pleasant way) but can see where he's coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Tomas Serwin had other family commitments, but he could race for Creation in the future.
Reading the DSC article on Creation's plans they were very positive about Serwin and the language made it sound as though he would certainly be driving for them later in the year in the ALMS.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1690179)   #193
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Phil Bennett will race the ProTran
Old 24 Aug 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1690204)   #194
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
are there any pratice/test sessions on friday?
Old 24 Aug 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1690284)   #195
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't think so Tux, not according to the timetable on the LMS website.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1690825)   #196
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the cer entry list http://www.classic-endurance-racing....sDONINGTON.pdf
Old 24 Aug 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1690899)   #197
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what is it about britain that turns classic racers off?
every other round of this 'CER' looks like a superb entry list, and we get a 917, a t70 and a ligier as star bills
its rather weak really.
are they still recovering from silverstone classic?
or are there any at gold cup?
Old 24 Aug 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1690924)   #198
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is because of the time of year--holidays.

The previous two years were the same. Low grids in the UK race but better grids elsewhere.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1691066)   #199
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
doesn't stop it being crap for us though, does it?
if you own a car like that, surely it is a duty to show it off?
Old 25 Aug 2006, 06:08 (Ref:1691192)   #200
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other problem is that the mix of machinery spans a pretty wide period and some prefer(and are allowed to) to run their cars more 'historic' than others. At Le Mans Classic recently, virtually all the T70 Lolas, 917s and many of the Chevrons ran on slicks (which they may or may not have run in period). Others, however, (including the Minassian/Jankowski Ligier ran on historic treaded tyres which it did run in period). Around Donington, the difference between slicks and treaded tyres will be substantial and those preferring to remain historically correct will be at a disadvantage as soon as they get on the track. This also may be a reason for lowish grid sizes overall at other tracks--although considerably better than the British rounds.