Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 May 2004, 02:02 (Ref:967121)   #26
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didn't MS just equal Fangio's record of 5 straight wins? Just the fact that he will beat this record is incredible enough - but to ask him to go on and win all 18.....the only thing that bothers me is that I don't think he has shown us exactly what that car can do yet...scary...
Old 11 May 2004, 07:50 (Ref:967294)   #27
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the one-lap qualifying procedure certainly makes it less likely that the same driver could win all 18 races. It's certainly possible that Schumacher could make a mistake in qualifying just once and have to start from the back, which would make winning very difficult.
Old 11 May 2004, 08:13 (Ref:967314)   #28
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: "Clean sweep" season for MS or Ferrari ?

Quote:
Originally posted by RaceFreak Is it likely this year? It's the one motivation MS has left before he retires as undisputed King.
NO, No, NO!

I want to see a fight to win. Not fighting between non Ferrari driver to finish second or third.
Old 11 May 2004, 09:04 (Ref:967376)   #29
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We could distinguish two different conceots:
Tecnhical records and statistic record
The first are the ones who really matter, indicating the concrete value of one's achievements, the seconds are just bare number performances, but who don't have such a weight.
Just to explain myself better:
If MS wins all the 2004 races it's gonna be a fantastic statistic record (100% of the races), but from a rechnical point of view is a poor one, because, regardless the fact he's driving superbly, it means no competition.

From the second point of view, his 2003 title is way more important, because he had to face a strong competition.
Therefore the fewer races you win for a title the better it is.
Old 11 May 2004, 09:12 (Ref:967389)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it happens it happens.
If people stop watching then so be it.
If those records all go to Michael then well there we go.

Personally I'd like Ferrari to fight for it and be beaten, if it doesn't happen that is because it is a sport! Bizarrely (for some) this level of dominance does prove it is still a sport as opposed to a show!

If it happens it will raise a wry smile from me, followed by a cheaky one as I think of ten-tenths.
Old 11 May 2004, 10:24 (Ref:967434)   #31
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I think it's unlikely. I'm expecting at least a couple of races where the Michelins will be superior to the Bridgestones, giving the likes of Button and Montoya a chance. Then there's the spectre of mechanical problems - it really is about time Michael had a failure!

SRabbit, it was Mansell's 5-win streak at the start of a season that Michael just equalled. I believe the record number of consecutive wins (excluding the Indy 500) is 9 for Ascari in 1952-53.
Old 11 May 2004, 13:05 (Ref:967638)   #32
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by krt917

I believe the record number of consecutive wins (excluding the Indy 500) is 9 for Ascari in 1952-53.
I started a thread on the subject of Ascari's record and if Schu can get it. Its interesting that you have the number down as 9, I recon its 7 as the 1953 Indy 500 did take place between the Argentine and Dutch GP in 53. I think for consecutive races that must be taken into place. If a driver skips a race it can't be consecutive races. Same applies to Clark from 1965.

At the moment this doesn't really matter (Ascari has it both ways), but if Schu wins 8 races (and not a 9th) then the arguments will start.
Old 11 May 2004, 20:45 (Ref:968108)   #33
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Schumacher Domination???

Can Micheal take all 18 personally i don't think Bernie would allow it i think if he got to round 10 and he had won 10 Bernie would drop Zsolt Baumgartner a few $$$$$ to put him out as he came to lap them..... Your Thoughts?
Old 11 May 2004, 20:46 (Ref:968109)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Schumacher Domination???

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Fielden
Your Thoughts?
Yer, what language is your sig and what does it say?
Old 11 May 2004, 20:51 (Ref:968113)   #35
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Hey
I don't understand
Old 11 May 2004, 20:55 (Ref:968117)   #36
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
ohh sorry i just understood
It was German and it said " I would like to describe my friend, his name is Micheal Schumacher and he is quite good at racing. His brother Ralf is not so good Q) Why
A) Because

sorry for the delay
Old 12 May 2004, 04:23 (Ref:968315)   #37
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
Agree with Ralfie; once MS has secured his 7th title they'll let Rubens win a couple of races
HAHA, thats why I hate Ferrari and everything to do with Ferrari and Motor racing.
I once owned, proudly, as an F1 enthusiast, a model of Schumacher's F310B, a F355, an F40 and an F50. But they have all vanished, such is my disgust with Ferrari's antics over the years, on and off the track. I still have my HRT, Evo VI, Merc CLK, Porsche, McLaren and Corvette models, but I hold no interest of, no like of fondness of any such Ferrari anymore. Has been the case for a small while now, the frustration at Todt's tactics ahs been mounting and now thats it, I've had enough.
But I will forever watch F1, and McLaren will always be my team.
Old 12 May 2004, 04:29 (Ref:968317)   #38
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found a 'tyre mix up' on Rubens car interesting right at the point in the last race where Michael needed to back off a bit - there is always ways around the rules....this the sort of thing you are talking about?
Old 12 May 2004, 09:23 (Ref:968465)   #39
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is being discussed on another thread and the tyre mix up, though strange, did not influence the out come of the race.

Moving on:
Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
I started a thread on the subject of Ascari's record and if Schu can get it. Its interesting that you have the number down as 9, I recon its 7 as the 1953 Indy 500 did take place between the Argentine and Dutch GP in 53. I think for consecutive races that must be taken into place. If a driver skips a race it can't be consecutive races. Same applies to Clark from 1965.

At the moment this doesn't really matter (Ascari has it both ways), but if Schu wins 8 races (and not a 9th) then the arguments will start.
Yes, sorry esorniloc, I saw that after I'd posted on here. I don't think we need to argue about it if Schuey wins eight. We can just say:
Record consecutive championship race wins (inc. Indy 500):
8 Schuey
Record consecutive championship Grand Prix wins (exc. Indy 500): 9 - Ascari

I've always felt that it was a bit odd having the Indy 500 on the calendar when the grids were almost entirely different, but I suppose you could argue that, technically, it was part of the championship.

Last edited by krt917; 12 May 2004 at 09:23.